This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
    Yeah you are right, I watched them all in French and well there are a few mistakes with dubbing.And it really annoyes me bad... I mean ok you don't have to translate it exactly but... you really have to get the names correct... Or certainly the point to it... (thinking about Hathor and the locker scene... is also verry wrong dubbing IMO)

How did they dub the Hathor scene wrong? If I recall there wasn't that wuch talking in that scene...

Spoiler:
    Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
      How did they dub the Hathor scene wrong? If I recall there wasn't that wuch talking in that scene...
      I was talking about when Janet and Sam are talking about a that they don't seem to fit in and about the plan to take over the boys... I didn't find that a really good dubbing... but maybe that is because you didn't hear Janet's accent... I really remember that I hated that scene in French. Never again am I going to do that again... I mean I love French but that dubbing... No thanks

Comment

Oh man, I see we're talking french translations here !! well I can assure you that it really sucks watching them in french !!!!!!!!! the translation is so bad that I didn't even like Beneath the surface the first time i saw it. I had to watch it in english to enjoy it entirely !! cause in french it so changes the meaning of the final scene! that's just awful !!! Jack seems angry the way they translated it and all the subtelity of the scene broke in pieces !!!

in a word : NEVER watch an episode in french that you've never seen in english before otherwise you might be disapointed !
        another scene they completely change is the one with Kerry in Threads when she says that he could retire and run the sgc as a civilian. In french Kerry is not so cool ! she doesn't give an advice or her opinion she just sounds pissed of and making reproaches...anyway it's just SO different !!

I'm not sure about the Sam thing though but I'll check it ou. Actually I'm gonna do it right now (and i'l re watch the beneath the surface ending so i can explain it better )

Congrats for the different Milestones

and Welcome Back Suekay !!!

Comment

I was talking about when Janet and Sam are talking about a that they don't seem to fit in and about the plan to take over the boys... I didn't find that a really good dubbing... but maybe that is because you didn't hear Janet's accent... I really remember that I hated that scene in French. Never again am I going to do that again... I mean I love French but that dubbing... No thanks
          *nodding* know what you mean !!! I don't even watch the re run on french tv anymore cause it breaks my heart everytime ! i know the scenes so well (the shippy ones ) that I can easily find the differences and it makes my hair raise!
          they also add stuff very often, to make the dialogue clearer. I was watching Grace last time and the Jack speach was very very different ! they added things so people would understand better! and the sentences are longer in french than in english. So while there was the tension in the english version when nobody talks and Sam only stares at jack, there is no silence at all in the french versions just blablablabla

wow my opinion is not very clear !!I could talk about this subject for hours !! I should re watch the french version and write it down for you, you'll see the difference ! you guys from belgium and french, check those scenes out, they're awfully translated !!!

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
            wow my opinion is not very clear !!I could talk about this subject for hours !! I should re watch the french version and write it down for you, you'll see the difference ! you guys from belgium and french, check those scenes out, they're awfully translated !!!
            Eeeeeeek! NO!
            It's just too awful. It really breaks the spell between the characters, the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
              It's true. Also, according to the CC he says Sam and not Sara. Well...according to this site.
              yep, I just checked it out, he definitely says Sam....I wonder when they'll finally respect the original version ! but I'm not gonna complain, we don't hear Jack calling her Sam everyday !!!

Comment

yep, I just checked it out, he definitely says Sam....I wonder when they'll finally respect the original version ! but I'm not gonna complain, we don't hear Jack calling her Sam everyday !!!
                Yeah but it can get the wrong meaning across the people who only watches in French.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                  Eeeeeeek! NO!
                  It's just too awful. It really breaks the spell between the characters, the moment!
                  Just thinking the same... it will ruin everything... I think I stick with the English version of it... And well the voices in French aren't the same as the actors and well I like the English voices better

Comment

ok watching Beneath the surface right now....

first thing, the "feeling feelings" changed to "I have a brotherly feeling"
                    "for me ?"
                    "no forTor" ....

ending scene :
                    "so colonel"
                    "major"
                    "this bald man you couldn't remember"
                    "General Hammond"
                    "that's it"
                    "he's from texas you know, I can remember everything"
                    So far not that bad....
                    Sam : ''yes Jack"
                    Jack : "Colonel... (she nods)...let's go home"

see it sounds like he reproaches her for calling him Jack and reminds her it's colonel for her...just SO wrong !!!! not al all like the english version !!!

Comment

Yeah but it can get the wrong meaning across the people who only watches in French.
                      yep and that's the problem you see, the meaning changing entirely !! see this ending for beneath the surface it changes evrything !! n english the tone is regretfull...they have to go back to the "Sir" thing and both of them sounds like of sorry about it, and in the french version well it just suck !!

what am I crazy ?? she calls him Jack and I complain
                      but i think you got the point
                      will just watch grace to see if there's big diff. (not sure I have it in french though gotta look for it)

Comment

Just thinking the same... it will ruin everything... I think I stick with the English version of it... And well the voices in French aren't the same as the actors and well I like the English voices better
                        yasureyabetcha !! much much better I'm so happy that I speak english !! those who only watch a show in french totally miss the good stuff !!!

Comment

yasureyabetcha !! much much better I'm so happy that I speak english !! those who only watch a show in french totally miss the good stuff !!!
                          are there people who only wathches them in French ow I do feel for them than... they really miss the good stuff between Sam and Jack... Ok they still have the touches and the looks they give eachother but still... there is so more to it.

Comment

french version of the grace dialogue : (be aware the grammar is not right sometimes cause I directly took it from french and used the closer expressions or words...hope you'll get it)

wow just watched it it's very difficult to explain !!
                            so everything is pretty much the same until :

Sam : it must be the habit Jack (after she calls him colonel and he makes the remark about being a figment of her imagination)
                            Jack : What are you waiting for to go out of here?
                            Sam : I tried everything
                            Jack : and you're giving up like this ?
                            Sam : I don't know what else to do for now
                            Jack : yes, think about it
                            Sam : you came to motivate me?
                            Jack : it's what friends are for
                            Sam: yes
                            Jack (off) : what ? it's the term Friends that's bothering you? but it's you who imagine all of this. I have nothing to do with this
                            Sam : and if I quit the air force ? would it make things easier or is hierarchy just an excuse ?
                            Jack : I would never ask you to give up a job you love
                            Sam : because you don't feel anything for me ?
                            Jack : Carter
                            Sam : I would forget you if i'd know it was the case
                            Jack : so fast ?
                            Sam : no it wouldn't be that easy
                            Jack : if you want to know what are you waiting for ?
                            Sam : I don't know
                            Jack : in my humble opinion the problem is not coming from me Carter, let's be realistic I'm not that complicated
                            Sam : Me ?
                            Jack : Sam, you know me well don't you ?
                            Sam : maybe I convince myself to only think of you knowing that you'll always be unattainable, so i'm sure to never love anyone else and I'm sure not to be disapointed
                            Jack : Jacob was right, you deserve better, you can always count on me, whatever happens , got it Saamantha ?
                            Sam : What now ?
                            Jack : get out of this trap
                            Sam : one last thing...

BIG HONKIN KISS !!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE at least this doesn't change...much...cause they ask a little moaning on Sam part !! I swear !! LOL
                            but come on ! what with this "got it Samantha !!!" instead of believe me !!!?? ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH hate them !!!!!!

so you see the phrasing change a lot ! the global meaning is more or less the same but this "got it Samantha" is just plain CRAP !!

Comment

ok watching Beneath the surface right now....

first thing, the "feeling feelings" changed to "I have a brotherly feeling"
                              "for me ?"
                              "no forTor" ....

ending scene :
                              "so colonel"
                              "major"
                              "this bald man you couldn't remember"
                              "General Hammond"
                              "that's it"
                              "he's from texas you know, I can remember everything"
                              So far not that bad....
                              Sam : ''yes Jack"
                              Jack : "Colonel... (she nods)...let's go home"

see it sounds like he reproaches her for calling him Jack and reminds her it's colonel for her...just SO wrong !!!! not al all like the english version !!!
                              Thanks!!
                              You know I never saw it in French
                              *off to watch Beneath the Surface and Grace*

Comment

Thanks!!
                                You know I never saw it in French
                                *off to watch Beneath the Surface and Grace*
                                Noooooooooooooooooooo don't it wil ruin everything for you... you will not like it... really I better warn you for it... doesn't look nice to watch...
                                so stop....
                                Just don't say nobody warned you

Comment

Working...
                                X