Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the thing that bothered me most was that she was uncertain about Jack's feelings for her. Not only did he tell her during the zaytarc testing that he would rather DIE himself than lose her, he SHOWED her how much he loved her in Upgrades by refusing to leave. Duh! I'd say that was a pretty clear message. And now all of a sudden she doesn't know how he feels? That was too much re-writing history for me - some device they made up in order to make way for Pete. I'd much rather have sticked with what worked so well in seasons 1 - 4 - Sam with Jack!

sigpic
    s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
      I agree. I think Sam was really desperate for a relationship where someone could show her that kind of attention. When I watch Chimera, I see a woman who is uncertain about things. Like she's not sure she should be doing it, but knows the other avenue is a dead end and she has to move on. And I don't think love led to she and Pete's little sleepover. She just hadn't had someone treat her like that in so long, and I think she wanted that kind of attention again.
      I think that on some level, she was forcing herself to move on from what she thought was a hopeless infatuation with somebody she could never be with. The hallucinations in "Grace" were a lot for her to have to deal with and Jack's "Excuse me?" had a disatrous effect.

Still, what bugs me is she knew he was a 'stalker' and didn't dump him. Also,
      Spoiler:
      the making out on the job? What was that? I know AT didn't approve. Another thing. Who takes two weeks to say yes? And in Threads, she tells her dad she's going to marry Pete. She says it like she's determined to do it despite things, like it's an obligation, not like a woman in love.
      Sam hadn't exactly had the best luck with men up to that point.

Jonas Hanson - Went crazy and was killed.
      Narim - Almost certainly killed.
      Martouf - Begged Sam to kill him.
      Orlin - Ascended after being shot.
      Joe Faxon - Either dead or a prisoner of a hostile, ruthless group of aliens.

I wouldn't be surprised if, consciously or not, she was trying to prove to herself and others that she was able to be in a stable, "normal" relationship and was doing her best to suppress any misgivings she had about her feelings or about Pete.

We can be glad there was a Pete and Kerry. They gave Sam and Jack positive experiences-and eye-opening ones to boot. Those relationships made them realize no one else would do, they still loved each other and there would be no 'moving on.'
      I agree. I think that they were necessary stepping stones.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
        Still 10 pages to go to catch up - and I was here less than 24 hrs ago Ahhhh it's like the good old days! When I first joined there were more than 10 pages every single day! Just goes to show the power of RDA and AT. Put them in the same room and the 'world goes nuts

Gonna have to finish the catch-up later - I expect 15 pages by then

And I'll have a think about my fave shippy moment before I come back ...... * oma toddles off grumbling ..... how can I possibly pick one?????? Entity, Grace, DK, LC, BTS, ITLOD, WOO, D&C, Metamorphosis, .......*
        Yes! Isn't this wonderful? Lots of new shippers, and lots of long-time members returning to play with us again!!! See, TPTB! See what people REALLY love about SG-1?

Comment

I'd want the marriage too. But I wouldn't want it to feel rushed or anything. Like maybe they got together in season 10 and if there was a season 11, then they could get married. IMO, it would be weird for them to jump right into marriage after 9 years of UST. They've got to see what it's like just being Jack and Sam before they rush into a wedding. They don't seem like the type to dive head first into something. Think about Sam and her failed relationships, and Jack's a pretty guarded fellow. Test the waters before jumping in.
          I have thought about this a lot too, L.A., and I feel very differently. In my mind, they've known each other so long, and they know each other so well, that there's nothing else to discover about each other.....except that the "chemistry" is just as good in practice as it was in longing! They're both adults, and they've known for years how they feel about each other! Once the final regs barriers were gone, I think the courtship would be less than six months!!! I just think they'd be together forever and always. (Ok...that was almost too sugary for me!)

Of course, I married my husband just under a year after I met him.....and we're 23 years and going strong. Come on, it has to be a good marriage! Why else would he go to Shore Leave with me? Tee-hee!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
            "We interrupt our usual broadcast to bring you an advertisement from our sponsors:

Now back to scheduled programme."
            Clever banner, Amber! Sorry I'm out of green jello for you, but consider yourself greened!!!

* Oh, geel.....I'm here all alone..... *

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
              yeah but still she said yes cause she wanted a normal life and well he thought that was close to it... and I think she has her doubts in general about mariage so that is maybe also a reason for doubting it.
              I never got this impression about her having issues with marriage in general. Any time the subject came up for other people, she was completely supportive and believed in the sanctity of it. I think it was only Pete she was uncertain about.

Personally, I want to see them married. More non-married relationships break up than married ones, because marriage, first and foremost, is a commitment. People living together or just sleeping together don't have the same degree of commitment to each other, which creates bigger breakups. The only difference is that those relationships are easier to get out of than a marriage.

But since we know S and J are meant to be together for all eternity, it's not something they'll ever have to deal with.
              - Mary
              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                I think the thing that bothered me most was that she was uncertain about Jack's feelings for her. Not only did he tell her during the zaytarc testing that he would rather DIE himself than lose her, he SHOWED her how much he loved her in Upgrades by refusing to leave. Duh! I'd say that was a pretty clear message. And now all of a sudden she doesn't know how he feels? That was too much re-writing history for me - some device they made up in order to make way for Pete. I'd much rather have sticked with what worked so well in seasons 1 - 4 - Sam with Jack!
                I absolutely agree, Sugarshaker. There is no way in the world that she should have doubted his feelings for her. He made them as clear as he possibly could, and all you had to do was look at his face when the topic of Pete came up to know that he was very, very hurt that she was with somebody else. It was written all over him.

*If* she didn't see it, it was because she didn't want to see it - not because he didn't show/tell her.
                - Mary
                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by trooper.1.
                  hi hoping I am doing this right - I have been lurking for a while but had to say I have been reading this fic too and am loving it.
                  Welcome, trooper.1.!

Welcome, Dr,Jackson!

All S/J Shippers welcome here!
                  Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 14 June 2006, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                    I have thought about this a lot too, L.A., and I feel very differently. In my mind, they've known each other so long, and they know each other so well, that there's nothing else to discover about each other.....except that the "chemistry" is just as good in practice as it was in longing! They're both adults, and they've known for years how they feel about each other! Once the final regs barriers were gone, I think the courtship would be less than six months!!! I just think they'd be together forever and always. (Ok...that was almost too sugary for me!)
                    Hey, I could handle that six months thing! I just don't think once the regs are out of the way they'd be married in a month or anything! And even though they have known each other for so long, I think there's got to be a transition time. From General and Colonel to Jack and Sam. Those kind of barriers don't melt over night. But that's just what I think!

*hums Forever and For Always by Shania Twain*

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                      I absolutely agree, Sugarshaker. There is no way in the world that she should have doubted his feelings for her. He made them as clear as he possibly could, and all you had to do was look at his face when the topic of Pete came up to know that he was very, very hurt that she was with somebody else. It was written all over him.

*If* she didn't see it, it was because she didn't want to see it - not because he didn't show/tell her.
                      I agree. The look on his face in Affinity! He looked so hurt. She had to have seen it. It breaks my heart every time.

Comment

I agree. I think Sam was really desperate for a relationship where someone could show her that kind of attention. When I watch Chimera, I see a woman who is uncertain about things. Like she's not sure she should be doing it, but knows the other avenue is a dead end and she has to move on. And I don't think love led to she and Pete's little sleepover. She just hadn't had someone treat her like that in so long, and I think she wanted that kind of attention again.

Still, what bugs me is she knew he was a 'stalker' and didn't dump him. Also,
                        Spoiler:
                        the making out on the job? What was that? I know AT didn't approve. Another thing. Who takes two weeks to say yes? And in Threads, she tells her dad she's going to marry Pete. She says it like she's determined to do it despite things, like it's an obligation, not like a woman in love.

We can be glad there was a Pete and Kerry. They gave Sam and Jack positive experiences-and eye-opening ones to boot. Those relationships made them realize no one else would do, they still loved each other and there would be no 'moving on.'
                        This has always bothered me too.
                        Spoiler:
                        I guess the character simply had a couple of lapses of judgment. She was trying so hard to move on with her life and give up on Jack that she did and accepted things she probably wouldn't have done and accepted otherwise.

Same with Jack and Kerry. He allowed himself to become involved with her to deaden the pain of losing Sam.....and not even being able to fight for her! How tortured Jack and Sam must have felt!
                        Aren't we glad they're together now?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          This has always bothered me too.
                          Spoiler:
                          I guess the character simply had a couple of lapses of judgment. She was trying so hard to move on with her life and give up on Jack that she did and accepted things she probably wouldn't have done and accepted otherwise.

Same with Jack and Kerry. He allowed himself to become involved with her to deaden the pain of losing Sam.....and not even being able to fight for her! How tortured Jack and Sam must have felt!
                          Aren't we glad they're together now?
                          Spoiler:
                          The whole relationship with Pete never felt natural to me-she was trying too hard. And you know, even though Jack tried to move on, Kerry knew that she'd never have a chance. How obvious, though unintentionally, did Jack make it that his heart was elsewhere? Clear enough for Kerry to want to get out before things got serious.

Oh, yes. I am glad now!

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                            The whole thing didn't make much sense to me. I agree, I would rather have had what ever time RDA had left, spent on them together instead of acting like strangers.

I didn't like Pete then and I still don't now.
                            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Hey, I could handle that six months thing! I just don't think once the regs are out of the way they'd be married in a month or anything! And even though they have known each other for so long, I think there's got to be a transition time. From General and Colonel to Jack and Sam. Those kind of barriers don't melt over night. But that's just what I think!

*hums Forever and For Always by Shania Twain*
                              You and I almost always agree. On this point, we shall continue to differ. But one thing's for sure: we certainly agree on what the final outcome should be!

EDIT: Nighty-night, Ship Family!!!
                              Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 14 June 2006, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                                Threads
                                Spoiler:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiya, I'm new(well, I posted once several months ago). Anyway, I was wandering around Season 8 room and responded to a question about Jack and Kerry. No spoilers just speculation. Anyway, there is no activity there so I thought I'd share my ideas with you gals maybe to stir up a little conversation. Thanks.

For what it's worth, when I think about who Jack's love interest might be I recall several fanfic stories where Jack was paired with a love interest although eventually he and Sam were united (happyendinghappyending).
                                Note: To the fanfic authors that may recognize my descriptions (poor as they may be), I really liked each of your stories especially because Sam and Jack ended up together.

1. An attractive younger woman (20's) photographer was a distraction/trophy. Didn't work. She was a girl to Sam's woman.

2. A highpriced call girl (attractive, experienced, intelligent, refined woman probably 30's). Didn't work. They enjoyed each other's company; they shared some educated and cultural interests on "dates." But, they knew she was only a service, afterall.

3. A divorcee. Intelligent, exotic, educated, professional career woman (probably 30's). Jack tried to make it work but superficial. She saw right through him. She was very fond of him and wanted a relationship but she was smart enough to accept that he loved another.

So, given these examples, I think Jack deserves a 'realistic' opportunity (as real as they can conjure up in the small number of episodes remaining) at a love interest with someone such as #3 but in her 40's. For this to work, like is (I can't believe I'm saying this) a believable partner for Sam, the woman for Jack must be believable, too. We need some tension so that it will be all the more sweeter when Sam and Jack come to their senses about their love for each other.

I was scrolling back to my earliest de-lurking on the Sam and Jack Family Discussion thread on March 25, 2005. I was venturing a guess as to the other woman in Threads. I think I made a fairly good guess!!! Um, I plead an insanity defense for my comment about Spud. LOL!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X