Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I'm sure they'll allow some. There were a few at GABIT 1 and Amanda didn't seem to mind answering them at all. Besides, by then, season 10 will have aired, the show *may* have finished and any shippy scenes in season 10 will have been seen by shippers anyway.

The G4 aren't that controlling, don't forget they're fans and want answers too!

p.s. I just advise no one ask about , it didn't get a v. good response last time!
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
      it is a great idea but it also leads to the possibility that no ship questions get answered, no leadership questions get answered, no questions about
      Spoiler:
      RDA doing more atlantis than sg1 eps, get answered
      , and so on.

while it is the best thing to do, it also means that the questions answered can be controlled a little too much. i don't hold out hope for questions about ship and leadership being asked.
      Random question: Does Amanda's baseball cap in your sig say "Marry Me" on it? Surely I'm reading it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
        Oh I'm sure they'll allow some. There were a few at GABIT 1 and Amanda didn't seem to mind answering them at all. Besides, by then, season 10 will have aired, the show *may* have finished and any shippy scenes in season 10 will have been seen by shippers anyway.

p.s. I just advise no one ask about , it didn't get a v. good response last time!
        i know and i don't mean that the actors or the organisers will attempt to prevent such questions themselves, but its possible that TPTB will send instructions on questions that can and cannot be answered. i suppose it all depends on the reaction to the first half of season 10. also in britain and ireland we won't be as far into the season at this point, so some things will still be spoilers for (some) of us, and not for the americans (and canadians too i think).

Comment

If you all are talking about Avalon in November, S10 will be on winter hiatus until January. That's how it usually works July-September, January-March. More or less. So there could be some scenes as yet not aired. Just sayin'.

Comment

Random question: Does Amanda's baseball cap in your sig say "Marry Me" on it? Surely I'm reading it wrong.
            no, it says "obey me". its from a behind the scenes pic from the episode that she directed and on her first day the crew presented her with the hat. it was very cute, its in one of the behind the scenes features on the season 7 dvds.

and speaking of that sig, i've just set up the rotating sigs thing and i was going to wait before i put it up because i'm not sure about the caption on that particular one. does anyone have any suggestions for a better one? shippy or otherwise. if i love it i'll steal it. feel free to PM me with comments, suggestions or critisisms.

Comment

no, it says "obey me". its from a behind the scenes pic from the episode that she directed and on her first day the crew presented her with the hat. it was very cute, its in one of the behind the scenes features on the season 7 dvds.

and speaking of that sig, i've just set up the rotating sigs thing and i was going to wait before i put it up because i'm not sure about the caption on that particular one. does anyone have any suggestions for a better one? shippy or otherwise. if i love it i'll steal it. feel free to PM me with comments, suggestions or critisisms.
              It is on the directors cut from ressurection, just in case that you were wondering...

Comment

Good night, all. Honeypie wants to take me to dinner.

Comment

i know and i don't mean that the actors or the organisers will attempt to prevent such questions themselves, but its possible that TPTB will send instructions on questions that can and cannot be answered. i suppose it all depends on the reaction to the first half of season 10. also in britain and ireland we won't be as far into the season at this point, so some things will still be spoilers for (some) of us, and not for the americans (and canadians too i think).
                  I take your point. However, there isn't much we can do about TPTB, that's why they are called that. At the end of the day it's pretty much all in their hands whether we like it or not. We can protest and we can complain and we can make suggestions about how things could be done better in our eyes but when it comes down to it, the money-making machine rules absolute. If the studio decides that it would make them more money to replace the cast with a bunch of flesh-eating zombies then that's what they'll do and we'll inevitably prove them wrong if we don't like it in the long run.

Their show, their rules, we're just the people that watch the show, right?

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                    It is on the directors cut from ressurection, just in case that you were wondering...
                    well the actual name of the featurette is "SG-1 directors series: Resurrection with Amanda Tapping". its volume 36 of the season 7 dvds in region 2. not sure if they had the same things on the region 1 dvds, maybe someone else will know. that dvd also has the episode "resurrection" that amanda directed and MS wrote. and on the dvd she does an audio commentary will will warring. there's also another featurette with her on the same disc.

lots of amanda goodness. (not much rda goodness other than "heroes" though. )

Comment

If the studio decides that it would make them more money to replace the cast with a bunch of flesh-eating zombies then that's what they'll do and we'll inevitably prove them wrong if we don't like it in the long run.
                      Didn't they already do that?

sigpic
                      s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

I take your point. However, there isn't much we can do about TPTB, that's why they are called that. At the end of the day it's pretty much all in their hands whether we like it or not. We can protest and we can complain and we can make suggestions about how things could be done better in our eyes but when it comes down to it, the money-making machine rules absolute. If the studio decides that it would make them more money to replace the cast with a bunch of flesh-eating zombies then that's what they'll do and we'll inevitably prove them wrong if we don't like it in the long run.

Their show, their rules, we're just the people that watch the show, right?
                        yup. but i was just saying that there is pro's and cons to moderating the questions. mostly pro's in my opinion. but for some reason i just felt the urge to point out the fact that depending on how things pan out in season 10, and depending on how much they want kept secret, it is possible that TPTB (or even one of the actors) would request that certain questions not be asked. it is possible that if there is ship or no ship, good or bad, to come in the second half of season 10, or if they anticipate some fallout and fans having problems with elements of the last season or the first part of season 10 they might request that no questions relating to, oh say for example, "ripple effect" be asked.

i'm not saying, ooh TPTB are all evil and they want to make us miserable and we should rant and rave and start a big campain to get what we want. it is there show, and they are going to run it the way they want. they might choose to listen to one group of fans and ignore another or they might just ignore all fans and do what they feel is best for the show. or the network might interfere and get them to do what they want for the show.

there is nothing we can do about it except voice our opinions about it and discuss it here.

i didn't think that i was implying that we should or could do anything about TPTB. sorry if i did give off that impression. i simply meant to say that its possible that they would have influence over what can be asked at moderated convensions.

sorry if i caused confusion or implied something else there.

Comment

Anyways I'm depressing myself now so here are some more caps:

"Jack, honey, do you remember how we discussed that store rooms are off limits whilst we're on base?"
                          "But what if I need... pencils?"
                          "Jack, you do *not* want to go in there with me to look for stationary!"
                          Last edited by AmberLM; 13 June 2006, 04:36 PM.

Comment

yup. but i was just saying that there is pro's and cons to moderating the questions. mostly pro's in my opinion. but for some reason i just felt the urge to point out the fact that depending on how things pan out in season 10, and depending on how much they want kept secret, it is possible that TPTB (or even one of the actors) would request that certain questions not be asked. it is possible that if there is ship or no ship, good or bad, to come in the second half of season 10, or if they anticipate some fallout and fans having problems with elements of the last season or the first part of season 10 they might request that no questions relating to, oh say for example, "ripple effect" be asked.

i'm not saying, ooh TPTB are all evil and they want to make us miserable and we should rant and rave and start a big campain to get what we want. it is there show, and they are going to run it the way they want. they might choose to listen to one group of fans and ignore another or they might just ignore all fans and do what they feel is best for the show. or the network might interfere and get them to do what they want for the show.

there is nothing we can do about it except voice our opinions about it and discuss it here.

i didn't think that i was implying that we should or could do anything about TPTB. sorry if i did give off that impression. i simply meant to say that its possible that they would have influence over what can be asked at moderated convensions.

sorry if i caused confusion or implied something else there.
                            No, no confusion. I was just making a general statement about the fact that we mere mortals are powerless in the grand scheme of things. Such is life!

Comment

No, no confusion. I was just making a general statement about the fact that we mere mortals are powerless in the grand scheme of things. Such is life!
                              aw well, one day i'll have power and i'll abuse it just like they do! <insert evil laugh>

Comment

aw well, one day i'll have power and i'll abuse it just like they do! <insert evil laugh>
                                Ya now, it's really funny, my mum once told me that when I graduate she's expecting me to produce, write and direct the best sci-fi/cop/forensics TV show ever so that she'll have something good to watch when Stargate, Law and Order and CSI have ended - lol, I'm studying Environmental Science! My mum thinks I've missed my calling in life; she thinks I should be a director or producer or a script checker or something like that. Sadly, as much as I love my fave TV shows I don't think they'll ever make me any money!

Comment

Working...
                                X