Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. thats just up the road from me (well sort of) All I have to do now is convince my other half, he's very shy of crowds and fuss and all that. I'm not at all worried about going on my own, I'm sure meeting other fans will be fun.

Comment

I can't afford to go to the Avalon con, and I doubt I'll be able to get the time off work for it, but I would regret it for a long time if I didn't try to get a ticket! Roll on next Saturday!!

Comment

id love to go to the avalon con but i dont think i can get time off either. generally not allowed at that time of year cause its so close to uni plus im suppose to be going on holidays a few times between now and november and i doubt that i can afford to do everything . i am going to try though.

i finished my exams today,at last.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Oh, OK, that's The RDA-AT Con!! Well, I had already decided that I would skip GRABIT in early 2007 and, for sure, I will not attend the Avalon Con even if I changed my mind because hubby, son, and I will be in San Francisco, California for Thanksgiving. Followed by a short trip to Los Angeles and San Diego.

To all the Shippers who may go to Avalon, I.Want.Details!!!
          sigpic

Comment

@scifi_girl Good luck with your exams.

HAPPPY BIRTHDAY
            lonely_star

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah
              Wow. thats just up the road from me (well sort of) All I have to do now is convince my other half, he's very shy of crowds and fuss and all that. I'm not at all worried about going on my own, I'm sure meeting other fans will be fun.
              I usually travel with hubby for recreational vacation and family trips but last March I joined trupi, LOL4JACK, and sugarshaker for a weekend in Philadelphia to watch the Season 9 finale. And, this July I will meet up with 20+ GWers for Shore Leave in Baltimore, Maryland. I was never alone or anxious. These are like-minded fans who have a deep respect for our common purpose---to enjoy SG-1 with each other!!!
              sigpic

Comment

thanks terrah and nell

happy birthday lonely_star

i think its really cool that some of you guys meet up with each other. there is no one round me that seems to like stargate. my best friends think that me enjoying the programme is well bizarre and i think i have next to zero chance of getting them to watch the show

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                  Good

What? Like him facing Atlantis's gate and Sam facing Earth's gate?
                  No. I'm thinking more along the lines of Jack facing Sam and Sam facing Jack and them closing the distance... THAT kind of mirroring!

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                    WoW!!! How lucky is everyone who is going to get to go and see them at this event!!! I can't wait to hear all the wonderfull details!!!

And I soooooo wish I were going to the Shoreleave con and getting to meet everyone . It's pretty close to me, but I have to work *sigh* oh well maybe next time!! Again, I can't wait to hear about all the wonderful details though!!

S/J forever!!! *hugs*

Comment

*Sighs* I can't go to the UK. The money, the scheduling. Nope, won't work. I'm having a hard enough time going to Vancouver! I so wish I could go!! RDA and AT?

I can only hope that at least Amanda shows up at the one I'm going to. And maybe RDA will just be so so bored, he'll come to! A girl can dream, can't she?

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                        No. I'm thinking more along the lines of Jack facing Sam and Sam facing Jack and them closing the distance... THAT kind of mirroring!
                        Well... everyone in here wishes that!

I hope I can go but with the dates?
                        That's can be a problem...

Comment

*sigh* I had a dream the other night about SG1 (yup, I apparently dream about tv shows...) and there was some discussion about ship and I was thinking to myself 'oh no they're going to brush it to one side again' but then Jack said something along the lines of 'which is why we got together!' and smiled one of those adorable smiles at Sam - the dream squeeing woke me up!

Comment

*Sighs* I can't go to the UK. The money, the scheduling. Nope, won't work. I'm having a hard enough time going to Vancouver! I so wish I could go!! RDA and AT?

I can only hope that at least Amanda shows up at the one I'm going to. And maybe RDA will just be so so bored, he'll come to! A girl can dream, can't she?
                            *pouts* I wish I could go too but from Arkansas to the UK? Definately can't afford that. Plus I'm spending all my vacation time on writers' conferences. July is the Romance Writers of America national conference. Two thousand romance writers in one place. Can't help but be a great party.

But I would so love to see RDA and AT together. I can't wait for any juicy spoilers from that convention! By then, season ten filming will be done. There should be some interesting spoilers by then.

Comment

I once stayed in a hotel with the romance writers group. I was there for a different trade show. The conversations in the elevator were definitely interesting. To keep it OT, they could have helped TPTB with the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
                                I once stayed in a hotel with the romance writers group. I was there for a different trade show. The conversations in the elevator were definitely interesting. To keep it OT, they could have helped TPTB with the ship.
                                *cackle* You don't have to be a romance writer to do better than TPTB! I'm already armed and waiting for season ten...

Mei Mei's former occupation could come in handy...
                                *cackle*

Comment

Working...
                                X