This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cute_az_can_be
    Yeah I think that's mainly since the actors especially Rick don't like being wet while acting and who could blame them....though I'd sacrifice being drenched if it meant being near him hehehehe

Yeah that's why I love to watch Descent just for my shippy heart

-JJ

They all looked good wet, dripping, slippery!!!!!!!! Forgot- PG thread! Sorry!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi

*Jumps headfirst into pool with RDA.*

Comment

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/trupi/113des01.jpg
        I never really understood why they made that promo shot but whoa who cares since I lose the ability to think or talk or anything when I see that *thunk*

Descent was definitely a great episode I have to say....I wonder how one would have played it out though had it been the original team??? Who knows....either way as long as my shippy goodness was still intact I would have been happy....any random arm touches that Jack does towards Sam makes me super excited!!!

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

Originally posted by cute_az_can_be
          I never really understood why they made that promo shot but whoa who cares since I lose the ability to think or talk or anything when I see that *thunk*

Descent was definitely a great episode I have to say....I wonder how one would have played it out though had it been the original team??? Who knows....either way as long as my shippy goodness was still intact I would have been happy....any random arm touches that Jack does towards Sam makes me super excited!!!

-JJ
          I know. ANY touch what-so-ever can be turned into shippy goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
            I know. ANY touch what-so-ever can be turned into shippy goodness.
            That's right especially the unintentional ones that the actors do heehee!

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

It amazing how Corin just did a wonderful job stepping in for Michael Shanks while Ben Brower well???????????????? I think it was Corin didn't try to act like Michael where Ben is trying to be the new Jack. Impossible!!!!!!!
              i think that corin just played it his own way, and TPTB back then, well...

while they did need him to basically do the job that daniel did, and they also played up the "new guy" thing, they didn't try to push him on us too much. they didn't have the team just accept him and that was it. and they didn't try to make him the lead in an ensemble show. nor did they have him leading the team for no good reason and still have him constantly do stupid things and ignore the sound advice from those who knew better. he wasn't off just looking for an adventure.

i don't know BB's acting style all that well, but is it that he's trying to be the new jack, or that TPTB are trying to make him the lead and write him in a jack like way? i think that maybe partially he's used to being a lead actor rather than one of the leads in an ensemble, and partially that TPTB and the network are trying to push him and this new image of the show (which is no where near the quality of the old image of the show!).

as long as the keep shipping sam with jack (absent as he may be) and leave cam out of that equation completely i won't have a stroke. it's still unlikely that i'll grow to like him if they keep writing him the way they have been, and ignore the fact that sam should clearly be the leader of sg1, and if they keep trying to make it the cam mitchell show.

where the hell is my team show gone!?!?!?!?!??!

here's hoping they can take a break from cam and vala's screen time to show some original team moments and some sam/jack time. i know it'll be tough for them, but maybe they can manage to give us a few minutes.

Comment

You know Stargate Barbie, I don't know if you like Atlantis or not, but Joe Flanigan would have been way better for the part on SG-1 than Ben Browder. Timing was off though, by a year! He's funnier and, uh, better looking, hehe. He would have been a better fit. Cam and Vala are the only Stargate characters, except the obvious bad guys and a certain Tok'ra, that I don't just adore. I love em all, down to Walter, the Chevron Guy!

To be on topic...Jack and Sam forever! Woohoo!

Comment

Grrr...I went to the bookstore today and I was totally happy to find the Stargate Seasons 7-8 Illustrated Companion. So I bought it, $16.00, and I just finished it! What a ripoff!! I was not prepaired for the Yay -fest! *sobs* There is not even any pics of The Kisses...
                  Well at least there were mentions of it and how AT disagreed with how Sam accepted 's proposal...
                  [/rant]

So we're doing The Early Years then?

Spoiler:
                  Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Here's what the set looked like for real!
                    sigpic

Comment

You know Stargate Barbie, I don't know if you like Atlantis or not, but Joe Flanigan would have been way better for the part on SG-1 than Ben Browder. Timing was off though, by a year! He's funnier and, uh, better looking, hehe. He would have been a better fit. Cam and Vala are the only Stargate characters, except the obvious bad guys and a certain Tok'ra, that I don't just adore. I love em all, down to Walter, the Chevron Guy!

I agree with you. I much prefered Joe over Ben anyday!
                      sigpic

Comment

Sam:Ah Colonel, I feel something on my thigh!
                        Jack: I swear major, it's only my side arm!
                        sigpic

Comment

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/trupi/normal_descent_BehindtheScenes7.jpg
                          Here's what the set looked like for real!
                          Is RDA wearing swim trunks?
                          sigpic

Comment

i do watch atlantis, i just don't really care about it much. it has potential. i love joe flanigan, and i love mckay. the problem with your suggestion though is that mitchell (as far as i know) was written into the show because they wanted ben browder. personally i believe that the character was created specifically for him. now i don't have a problem with this and i'm sure that ben's great, i just think that they created a really sucky character for him.

i'm gonna put the rest in spoilers because it relates to my thoughts, speculations, theories and/or concerns regarding the current state of sg1 and its future.

Spoiler:
                            the only thing that could make it worse would be if they decided to ship him off with one of the lead actresses (especially sam!).

they could potentially do this by deciding to turn their backs on s/j ship, but i think if they were to do this at this stage they would even have the anti s/j shippers (excluding the fans of the rhyming ship) on their case.

i don't trust RCC. i trust brad wright a lot more, but i'm still concerned considering almost every spoiler we've had so far, and i'm wondering how much control brad is taking of the show this year. i know we heard that they switched jobs, but i'm starting to fear that this was just so that BW could back up and reinforce everything that RCC is doing to the show so that people will stop complaining about it.

i hope i'm wrong. and i do have a tiny shred of hope left that the tiny little bit of jack that we get in the real sg1 universe will be good for s/j ship.

Comment

Little close there, aren't we? *wink, wink*

Comment

I agree with you. I much prefered Joe over Ben anyday!
                                I third that. Joe is a great actor and I really enjoy the Sheppard character. IMO they could cut down on the Kirking but I have complete confidence that that would have never have included Sam. Also, he was promoted after her so she would clearly be the leader.

Ironically, one of the things I enjoyed about Jonas was his eagerness on the dating scene. If it had a skirt, he'd give it the old college try. Sam seemed to find humor in it as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X