Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent point L.A Doyle.Jonas had to earn his place while Mitchell came in as a ready made hero.I just cannot warm up to Mitchell and Vala.They just do not seem like SG-1 characters.Mitchell and Vala just come off to me like they are bigger than the team.Jonas fit right in.

Comment

Season 9 and Season 10 seem like Bad FanFiction instead of SG-1 episodes.I knew things would be different when RDA left but I did not expect this different.IMO there was no need to change the show this much.SG-1 lasted 8 Years.The Show must have been doing something right.

Comment

WELCOME NIBIKKO!! Your music vid, Uninvited, blew me away!! Thanks for sharing!!
        **runs away to watch Too Late to Quit**
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
          Spoiler:

Sam and Daniel! That would have been PERFECT. Regan, get to Vancouver quick! Kick those other writers out of the way and take their place! Daniel's HS years would be much more interesting, since he was supposedly geeky and all. But, Mitchell...don't care. If we don't care about the characters, we don't care about the show, and somehow TPTB don't get it.
          Thanks everybody for continuing to use spoiler tags! I haven't given in to the urge to peek!! Well, maybe once. Then, by accident once.....or twice. But, I'm trying my best!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
            Season 9 and Season 10 seem like Bad FanFiction instead of SG-1 episodes.I knew things would be different when RDA left but I did not expect this different.IMO there was no need to change the show this much.SG-1 lasted 8 Years.The Show must have been doing something right.
            i made the point elsewhere that the show didn't actually need the addition of BB and CB because technically beau bridges replaced RDA. not only did they add the extra characters, but they made them out to be vital to the show when this is so beyond false.

jonas did the new guy thing well. he came along, they let him join the team, he did the occasional "wow, first time on a mission, first time in a death glider, first time on a mothership" thing, and he learned from the experienced members of the team. he did his occasional hero bit, but only because he knew that he could do what needed to be done, not because he wanted a thrill.

had they tried to integrate the new cast rather than try to make them dominate the show while pushing their established and much loved characters into the background, they wouldn't have this right now.

i look forward to whatever s/j ship we get in the future, but i'm now more worried that it'll be in a sucky episode rather than whether there will actually be any s/j at all.

with the latest spoilers i'm starting to think that we have more chance of getting undeniable s/j ship than we do of getting good episodes, nevermind a good season.

i'm so negative today. sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie

*Hugs Stargate Barbie* It's ok! If season 10 stinks, we will have our fanfic.

Comment

i made the point elsewhere that the show didn't actually need the addition of BB and CB because technically beau bridges replaced RDA. not only did they add the extra characters, but they made them out to be vital to the show when this is so beyond false.

jonas did the new guy thing well. he came along, they let him join the team, he did the occasional "wow, first time on a mission, first time in a death glider, first time on a mothership" thing, and he learned from the experienced members of the team. he did his occasional hero bit, but only because he knew that he could do what needed to be done, not because he wanted a thrill.

had they tried to integrate the new cast rather than try to make them dominate the show while pushing their established and much loved characters into the background, they wouldn't have this right now.

i look forward to whatever s/j ship we get in the future, but i'm now more worried that it'll be in a sucky episode rather than whether there will actually be any s/j at all.

with the latest spoilers i'm starting to think that we have more chance of getting undeniable s/j ship than we do of getting good episodes, nevermind a good season.

S'OK!!! Sometimes we get sucky spoilers and we come to this thread to process the bad stuff. **Uh Oh, accidentally peeked** Anyway, I remember pre-season 8 when shippers were feeling out of sorts wondering how The Ship could be salvaged with in the picture!! Need I remind you that we were surprised by Threads
                Spoiler:
                OK, I know, it was half-baked in some ways but the net result is that Sam and Jack broke up/were dumped, respectively, because of their attraction and feelings for one another were overwhelming and undeniable. EXACTLY!!
                That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!! DON'T.GIVE.UP.THE.SHIP!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Sometime in the not so distant future. Sam tells Jack that he should go ahead home and she'll follow because she's still working on a doohickey.

Jack: Sam, honey, I'll have a hot dinner ready when you come home.
                  Sam: Jack, I'll take my pizza cold. You're plenty hot for me!!
                  Jack: Stop giggling, Mrs. O'Neill!

**Thunks to Mala50 for the cap**
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nibikko
                    Coming out of lurkerdom to say hi to everyone! I finally have something to contribute and share, so what better time than now to finally step up?

I made a new vid over the holiday weekend and y'all might enjoy it! It is about Sam's Black Widow Curse and how those men just weren't right for her, but alas we all know who is! It is set to the song "Uninvited" by Alanis Morissette. I hope you enjoy it!

Edit: It helps if I give the link http://nibikko.com/musicvids.html
                    Welcome to the family and a FAB video!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                      S'OK!!! Sometimes we get sucky spoilers and we come to this thread to process the bad stuff. **Uh Oh, accidentally peeked** Anyway, I remember pre-season 8 when shippers were feeling out of sorts wondering how The Ship could be salvaged with in the picture!! Need I remind you that we were surprised by Threads
                      Spoiler:
                      OK, I know, it was half-baked in some ways but the net result is that Sam and Jack broke up/were dumped, respectively, because of their attraction and feelings for one another were overwhelming and undeniable. EXACTLY!!
                      That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!! DON'T.GIVE.UP.THE.SHIP!!!
                      well i wasn't surprised by threads as far as ship goes, other than the fact that
                      Spoiler:
                      it took so long for sam to dump pete and that jack had his little thing goin' on with kerry. i knew and kept faith from the very start of the whole thing that that was the ultimate plan for him. he was a plot device pure and simple. i was however, dissappointed at how they handled his character for the most part. and i feel the same way about mitchells character now.

i'm definitely not giving up the ship. in fact with how i'm feeling about the future of the show today, the ship becoming the only thing i have to look forward to with the show. not just because i love the ship, but also because i fear its the only thing they'll bother doing with sam's character now.

Comment

It's hard to be
                        Spoiler:
                        positive after the spoilers for Bounty.IMO Sam and Jack getting together will be the only highlight of Season 10.Season 9 and 10 may be in a close race for worst season.I'm very positive about the Sam/Jack Ship but I have no hope for the Show as a whole.I just continue to hope Season 10 is the last so we can get on with the Movie.If Bounty does not convince AT MS and CJ it's time to go I do not know what will.IMO let the new cast go down with this Show.

Comment

Originally posted by Nibikko
                          Coming out of lurkerdom to say hi to everyone! I finally have something to contribute and share, so what better time than now to finally step up?

I made a new vid over the holiday weekend and y'all might enjoy it! It is about Sam's Black Widow Curse and how those men just weren't right for her, but alas we all know who is! It is set to the song "Uninvited" by Alanis Morissette. I hope you enjoy it!

Edit: It helps if I give the link http://nibikko.com/musicvids.html
                          Excellent! I love the switch to black and white for the dearly departed! *cackle* Like ticking them off, one by one. And the last sequence, yes, Jack is indestructable so he's the one for Sam! Great job, Nibikko! And I love Alanis Morrisette's songs.

Comment

well i wasn't surprised by threads as far as ship goes, other than the fact that
                            Spoiler:
                            it took so long for sam to dump pete and that jack had his little thing goin' on with kerry. i knew and kept faith from the very start of the whole thing that that was the ultimate plan for him. he was a plot device pure and simple. i was however, dissappointed at how they handled his character for the most part. and i feel the same way about mitchells character now.

i'm definitely not giving up the ship. in fact with how i'm feeling about the future of the show today, the ship becoming the only thing i have to look forward to with the show. not just because i love the ship, but also because i fear its the only thing they'll bother doing with sam's character now.
                            I understand everyone's trepidation regarding The Ship as well as Sam's fate on the show. TPTB seem tighter than a drum with spoilers, that is. Now that Joe Mallozzi is no longer here at GW we don't get Direct-from-TPTB No-Middleman Spoilers. Did I mention that is sooooo annoying? But, be that as it may **going for the record with cliches in a posting** I still expect some Ship and Squees!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anne87
                              It sounds like they're trying to flesh out Mitchell's character a bit more, and give that bit more insight to him. I may be completely wrong (and correct me if I am, I haven't actually seen Season 9 - hey, terrestrial UK viewer!) but from what's been said (and okay, spoilers) Mitchell's character hasn't actually been that well explored.

I think that maybe die hard old SG fans will warm to him if we get background knowledge.

But, like I said, correct me if I'm wrong.

And new drabble-y thing! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2967380/1/

edit: umm, should I have put spoilers on any of that?
                              I've seen the 1st half of season 9 (on DVD-I'm a UK terrestrial viewer too) and the majority of the second half (because a very good friend of mine kindly recorded it for me from Sky). And I would agree with what you say about the lack of fleshing out of Mitchell's character.
                              always and forever
                              My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                              My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                                MG! C'mere!

(((((((((((((Special Birthday Hug)))))))))))))

Having a symbiote must be like being the Queen - ya get 2 birthdays! When's Keldar's and we can have even more cake
                                Kel'dor's birthday is on June 10th....the same day I start my new job....you can celebrate his birthday then....he's grown quite fond of cake....and washing it down with his new fav. drink....Irish car bombs....

and.....BUMP!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X