This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueiris
    The last 100 Days discussions I was in, I was quite in the minority in my despise for "L". I don't feel so alone this time.

Voodoo doll sounds plausable. She probably had some ritual that she needed Jack's clothes for.

You are not alone. I thought it was a pretty good discussion, and, yea, didn't have to use spoiler tags for a change. I know they're necessary for seasons 8,9,10, but I'm always forgetting and going back to fix things.

Which reminds me, where are the smilies hiding if I want one when I edit my post?

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
      I think that I can't get the picture of Jack rolling down a hill calling "As you wish," out of my head.
      Ok you ACTUALLY had me laughing out loud when I read that! Now I can't get that image out of my head either!

Spoiler:
      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Hi Catysg1, I'm new to this forum but not new to this ship...I just watched 5 of your vids...AWESOME!!!!...LOL

Comment

Welcome to the family hope leslie hermnharry! Post lots. And yes, Caty's videos are fantastic!
          sigpic
          Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
            Jack said another rather strange word in relation to Minnesota. He said "loofa" or "loofah." The only meaning I know of for that is a sort of gourd which when dried and the rind taken off becomes a sponge or scrubber which can be used in the shower. It doesn't seem to have any relationship to anything Minnesotan, as far as I know. Does the word have any other meaning/spelling? As far as "snookums" I'd like to see the transcript for that episode, and GW doesn't seem to have it. What other site has transcripts? Maybe it wasn't "snookums" but "skookum" which I have vaguely heard of relative to the north country or maybe Alaska. IIRC correctly and I probably can't, it meant "pretty good." OT, but I like to delve into words and their meanings.
            I'm no authority or anything, but Snookums is used rather a lot as a slang endearment. I've used it and even named a stuffed animal Snookums back when I was younger.
            Loofah is a funny sounding word (comedians like to use it). There is a company that sells them in Minnesota but I don't know if there is any significance to that.
            sigpic
            ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Jack said another rather strange word in relation to Minnesota. He said "loofa" or "loofah." The only meaning I know of for that is a sort of gourd which when dried and the rind taken off becomes a sponge or scrubber which can be used in the shower. It doesn't seem to have any relationship to anything Minnesotan, as far as I know. Does the word have any other meaning/spelling? As far as "snookums" I'd like to see the transcript for that episode, and GW doesn't seem to have it. What other site has transcripts? Maybe it wasn't "snookums" but "skookum" which I have vaguely heard of relative to the north country or maybe Alaska. IIRC correctly and I probably can't, it meant "pretty good." OT, but I like to delve into words and their meanings.
              Here is a transcript site. It has SG-1 transcripts up to season 9.
              Gatenoise

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                One minute he tells her not to suck the fun out of the light show and the next, when the meteor get too big, he looks to her for scientific help. I think it was un-Jack like. I think of him as more polite - but I do have O'Neill on a pedestal.
                You were right when you said that the writers sacrifice character for a more dramatic plot.
                I don't know. For some reason I thought the bit where he chided Sam for "sucking the fun out of the light show" was in character, if a little harsh (for him). It didn't make me raise my eyebrow Teal'c-like anyway.

Which reminds me of 'Crystal Skull' when they were looking at the MALP telemetry feed (or whatever). Jack was all "You too?" when Sam said they had to go, and his sarcasm at her technobabble had her giving him a patiently amused look.

Okay, I think I'll stop with my random thoughts. It sometimes leads to looong discussions.

Comment

It was snookums. That's what I heard, and that's what the subtitles said. And yes, I know both could be wrong.

But I rewound and rewatched that a few times, cos I was finally hearing Jack say "Yahsureyoubetcha". So I'm sure that's what I heard.

It makes me crack up, though. "Yahsureyoubetcha snookums!"

PS, i loved how Sam went "Yahsureyoyubetcha" when leaving with Thor in 'Small Victories'.

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
                    It was snookums. That's what I heard, and that's what the subtitles said. And yes, I know both could be wrong.

But I rewound and rewatched that a few times, cos I was finally hearing Jack say "Yahsureyoubetcha". So I'm sure that's what I heard.

It makes me crack up, though. "Yahsureyoubetcha snookums!"

PS, i loved how Sam went "Yahsureyoyubetcha" when leaving with Thor in 'Small Victories'.
                    I loved that too. I've found it very amusing how over the seasons she has picked up some "O'Neillisims".

Spoiler:

Comment

second page bump

ahhh, shippyness, where would we be without it!
                      Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
                      Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
                      Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                        I loved that too. I've found it very amusing how over the seasons she has picked up some "O'Neillisims".
                        There's also the famous "Ya think" in Threads!

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
                          There's also the famous "Ya think" in Threads!
                          ROTFLMAO Has she ever said " For crying out loud" ? I can't remember if she has but i think i'd die laughing if she did you can just imagine the looks on every1 elses face's lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lady_E
                            ROTFLMAO Has she ever said " For crying out loud" ? I can't remember if she has but i think i'd die laughing if she did you can just imagine the looks on every1 elses face's lol
                            Well, Doctor Carter from the alternate reality in Point of View said it but I don't remember our Sam saying it.
                            Well I think the look on their faces would probably be the same they had when they heard Samantha! That was memorable!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                              S10 Speculations

[spoilers]Anybody care to speculate on what the 3rd Stargate show may be??
                              Spoiler:
                              I do wonder if it will be based around either Daniel or Teal'c (in the same way we got Angel from Buffy). I'm guessing whatever it is it will leave a door open for crossovers and guest appearances from SG-1, SGA and AT/RDA/CJ/MS.

To be honest I really don't have a clue!
                              That's a very good idea (((Oma)))

Off topic but I hope baby is fine and kicking her little legs by now

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
                                in 'Nemesis' (season 3) when Jack is trying to entice Sam to come fishing with him, he says "Yahsureyoubetcha snookums."

Now, that got me wondering. What did he mean? As far as I know, 'Snookums" is a rather sickly-sweet term of endearment. As much as I love that idea (squeee!) I don't think that's what it means.
                                I'm from the Chicago area, born and raised, and I heard "snookums" all of the time. It is meant affectionately; typically from mother to child or between spouses. Sweet, yes, but certainly not sickly. More like a verbal hug.

Comment

Working...
                                X