Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys does anyone know how to make those bracelets that Sam and Jack wear in a few of the episodes, you know, the one that Amanda got given to her by the troops when she did her tour? I have one but I didn't make it and I want to make some mini ones for a *very* special project that I'm working on...
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

LOL4JACK...Are you sure it wasn't Hyndland primary you went to? My mum knows Clarence Drive and she says it's in Hyndland

All the kids from Hyndland primary get on my train every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

Anywho...on topic....

erm...

Sam and Jack FOREVER!!!
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
        I read something earlier today, don't ask me what because I have a very bad memory , but I finally understood why despite all my efforts I did not like S9, except for the first episodes...

The Show that I had loved for the pasts years was Stargate SG-1 it was about a team that where fighting against evil and to find freedom for all. We knew who SG-1 was, we saw them grow and develop, in the journey wthey learned about trust, we saw them become friends and we saw how each one of them took something from the other to become who they where and that was their strenght.

S9 was about the good guys versus the bad guys, but who are they? we didn't see Teal'c nor Sam, nor Daniel and definitely not Cameron, it could have been any other team and that is way, many people still think it was a good S9, because it still is a good SciFi show, TPTB cut to the chase and forgot to build a relationship, they went straight to the story and forgot why many of use have been watching the show... there wasn't that 50/50

Spoiler:
        And I also think that's why I liked the first episodes... we saw a Mitchel feeling overwhelmed of having the opportunity to belong to the greatest SG team and why... what it meant to him, we saw Daniel and Vala finding out who they were and how they affected each other and little by little getting to trust each other, we saw Teal'C... ooops sorry, we barely saw Teal'c but I even liked that little scene between Teal'c and Vala playing basquetball

And then nothing else... we go straight to the stories, Mitchel is part of the team, they are all buddies... and here we are trying to figure out where did the team go? what is this show about?
        i completely argee. no relationships (SJ), no connections. they're just "friends" all of a sudden. no wonder people think Sam and Cam went to the academy together (impossible TTBOMK, BTW). how else could they be such good friends (NO SHIP)? i went right from thinking "damn, this is contrived" to, "damn this is contrived--and WHERE THE HE## IS MY TEAM?! where's SAM? where's DANIEL? where's TEAL'C?" ...where's jack?

that's on topic, right? relationships, connections, ship...
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
          i completely argee. no relationships (SJ), no connections. they're just "friends" all of a sudden. no wonder people think Sam and Cam went to the academy together (impossible TTBOMK, BTW). how else could they be such good friends (NO SHIP)? i went right from thinking "damn, this is contrived" to, "damn this is contrived--and WHERE THE HE## IS MY TEAM?! where's SAM? where's DANIEL? where's TEAL'C?" ...where's jack?

Um... What does TTBOMK mean?

Spoiler:
          Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

When you think you've finally got rid of me I pop back up again!

I know what you mean and I completely agree. That one where 'Mary Poppins' was mentioned had me jumping up and down in a rage screaming at the television! To me their 'relationship' was nowhere near familiar enough to allow that particluar comment and I thought it sounded completely offensive and disrespectful to *Lt. Col.* Carter's rank, not to mention the fact that if anyone is the kid, it's Mitchell! He's reckless, has no regard for his team's safety and is generally a worse leader than Sam. Maybe Jack set the bar too high but I expect a leader to listen to advice from all team members and put his team's safety before saving his own @$$. I know Sam isn't perfect but at least she doesn't leap into things blind.

I probably sound like I hate Mitchell. I don't. I just don't think he's responsible enough, let alone having ZERO off-world experience, to be the leader of the SGC's flagship team.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
              Um... What does TTBOMK mean?
              oops. to the best of my knowledge. sorry. i'm an abbreviator.
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM

I know what you mean and I completely agree. That one where 'Mary Poppins' was mentioned had me jumping up and down in a rage screaming at the television! To me their 'relationship' was nowhere near familiar enough to allow that particluar comment and I thought it sounded completely offensive and disrespectful to *Lt. Col.* Carter's rank, not to mention the fact that if anyone is the kid, it's Mitchell! He's reckless, has no regard for his team's safety and is generally a worse leader than Sam. Maybe Jack set the bar too high but I expect a leader to listen to advice from all team members and put his team's safety before saving his own @$$. I know Sam isn't perfect but at least she doesn't leap into things blind.

I probably sound like I hate Mitchell. I don't. I just don't think he's responsible enough, let alone having ZERO off-world experience, to be the leader of the SGC's flagship team.
                completely agree. don't leave! ::glances at thread title:: ok, maybe we should...anti-s9 thread?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  LOL4JACK...Are you sure it wasn't Hyndland primary you went to? My mum knows Clarence Drive and she says it's in Hyndland

All the kids from Hyndland primary get on my train every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

Anywho...on topic....

erm...

Sam and Jack FOREVER!!!
                  (((SueKay))) Thanks... yes that's it... silly me confusing Highland with Hyndland I guess I pronounced it the same way

I'm sooo excited... look what I found Pic 1 Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks...

And I complety agree with you, Sam and Jack Forever!!!!

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM

Get rid of you?? Stay, pull up a chair, hehe!!! But I completely agree with everything you just said!!! 100%!!!!

Comment

oops. to the best of my knowledge. sorry. i'm an abbreviator.
                      LOL, I didn't get that either... thanks for the clarification... regarding your request... YES... thanks for asking...

I have a question regarding S9 and I might not have been very much into the eps... but
                      Spoiler:
                      In Ripple Effect the Dark Cameron tells the "Good" Cameron to cut the green wire... or something like that... did that ever happen?

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

10.season:

Sam promoted to Colonel, leading SG1 and married with Jack & BHK
                        sigpic

Comment

completely agree. don't leave! ::glances at thread title:: ok, maybe we should...anti-s9 thread?
                          Hm... I dunno... actually to be fair I missed a lot of season 9. Firstly, after going to GABIT, I refused point blank to watch any episode that didn't have Amanda in a SIGNIFICANT proportion of the episode. Secondly I've been v. busy this year with a-levels and thirdly Vala bugs the pants off me and I can't stand to look at her or listen to her smug English accent for more than 10 seconds (I do know a few people who speak like her but they're nowhere near as annoying!)

Oh, and I think I missed out that there was no RDA, therefore, no ship! :'(
                          I think the Ori are a little dull as far as an enemy is concerned (they have no Las Vegas chic or theatrics for a start!) and I don't like the way Sam's been shoved to the side for Cam. If it were for Teal'c or Daniel I *may* have been able to put up or shut up but for the new guy? No way!

Did I mention I miss the ship? Hell I've missed Sam's smile this season, Cam doesn't make her laugh like Jack does! (I don't know about you but I think that it makes the whole show depressing if Sam seems depressed!)

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                            10.season:

Sam promoted to Colonel, leading SG1 and married with Jack & BHK
                            Sounds perfect! *Sigh* If only... *crosses fingers Jonas-style*

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                              LOL, I didn't get that either... thanks for the clarification... regarding your request... YES... thanks for asking...

I have a question regarding S9 and I might not have been very much into the eps... but
                              Spoiler:
                              In Ripple Effect the Dark Cameron tells the "Good" Cameron to cut the green wire... or something like that... did that ever happen?
                              oops. thanks, will do. and no, not yet.

and Amber, you'd fit right in.

dex: and a wedding at the SGC!
                              sigpic

Comment

PR and LOL4JACK,

Well said. The relationships among our heroes was what made me care about them and their stories from week to week. I don't have that history with Cam and Vala. Yet.

Back on topic. I especially care about Sam's and Jack's growing relationship. Comrades to friends to lovers.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X