This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token
    When I first read this, I wanted to respond then. (((Jack))) However, the Shippy news swept me away. *sigh* I'm re-visiting this because it goes maybe to the change in Amanda's attitude toward Sam/Jack.

To me, Amanda's comments about being resentful of the Sam and Jack relationship helped me understand her frustration over the years. Amanda has a natural chemistry with Rick. That oozed through the TV, and hooked the Shippers (along with a few scripts .) We wanted more. Amanda wanted her character to be the strong, smart, solider scientist (which she is!).

Unfortunately in Season 9, Amanda got a taste of being shipped with everyone but Jack with no focus on what Sam does best. From Amanda's response to the leadership of SG-1 question and Martouf
    Spoiler:
    almost kiss
    at the Vancouver Con, I get that she has not been happy with her character's development or lack there of. With RDA returning, there is the opportunity to settle Sam's personal life once and for all. Then if the show continues, the writers won't (for fear of penquins ) ship Sam again.

Just my two cents worth!
    Yeah there is only so many other men they can ship with her that can die...poor guys I heart Jack and so does she.....oooo *rubs hands together* the endless possibilities!!! Any other creative ideas peeps?

sig by chlex

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
      I'm with you Rogue, although the recent news are encouraging ,even last week Joe Mallozi was saying they didn't really know what the future for Sam and Jack was. Considering RDA starts filming in the next couple of weeks that's prety worrying
      Let's hope the disapointing ratings for S9 wakes them up to the fact that shippers matter, but like you , I'll wait and see.
      my guess. we'll have lots of goodies and FUN , then at the end, we'll get our big resolve.

BUT, we could always help them change their minds and get them to give us a juicy resolve (via farspace's john/aeryn) SOONER than later!

**i plan on writing postcards/letters and begging**

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Hi, before I go to bed... people that are in for the Shippy Call

Gatebee
        LOL4JACK
        Trupi
        Story*in*your*eyes

We are thinking the best option is during the weekend.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          my guess. we'll have lots of goodies and FUN , then at the end, we'll get our big resolve.

BUT, we could always help them change their minds and get them to give us a juicy resolve (via farspace's john/aeryn) SOONER than later!

**i plan on writing postcards/letters and begging**

sally
          I definitely like that idea....please tptb...please??!?!?!?!?

sig by chlex

Comment

"PTB, hand over Jack, and nobody gets hurt!!
            We've got unfinished business!"

Token ~

Comment

"Don't worry, Sam, they can't keep me away from you!"

"Our love will not be denied!!"

Token ~

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...n04/SamGun.bmp
                "PTB, hand over Jack, and nobody gets hurt!!
                We've got unfinished business!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...opicSJKiss.jpg

My thoughts exactly!!!!

sig by chlex

Comment

"Sam, you know I think you look hot in anything; but
                  you might need to rethink the wedding dress."

"What too much??"

(Hee Hee! I'm having fun with my photobucket pics! Thanks, Mala!)

Token ~

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ay/SamJack.jpg
                    "Don't worry, Sam, they can't keep me away from you!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ckFaceHug3.jpg
                    "Our love will not be denied!!"
                    Aww I love that hug from Water and Fire ...or is it Fire and Water??? I can never remember.....it just seemed so odd that he hugged her... I mean yeah Sam was emotional but hello it was the first season...true love right there cacb duh?

sig by chlex

Comment

"What too much??"

LOL...
                      "Yeah Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise."
                      "Why not?"
                      "The codename for the project is Prometheus. What's wrong with that?"
                      NOTHING!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                        I'm with you on this Rogue. We've been here before many times, only to be let down by TPTB.
                        I am still optimistic that it will work out this time. The ratings are down, the new characters are not loved by many people, RDA wants to come back for a few episodes to tie up loose ends etc.
                        I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the writers don't blow it this time, and actually give us our ship! (and a great big honkin' kiss!)
                        I'm no so much worried about being let down - I'm just trying to keep a sense of realism. I know tptb (notice they're not TIIC today? ) aren't going to give us another Threads, and I don't expect (or want neccessarily) a Chimera equivalent scene. I just want my S/J moments back, this time with anticipation instead of angst. How much did we all love that scene in
                        Spoiler:
                        Sam's lab at the end of Moebius when Jack says "you've got some packing to do"?
                        I'm gonna be more than happy with stuff like that showing that they are together.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the BHK, wedding in the gateroom, Sam announcing her pregnancy, etc. I'm keeping my expectations low so I a) don't get disappointed, and b) can have a huge lovely surprise if anything like that happens.

Just some thoughts on another loose end .... We gotta finally see Jack
                        Spoiler:
                        officially in his capacity as Head of Homeworld Security. Surely they're gonna address that huge plot hole that Jack fell into between S8 & S9! This, afterall, is the reason for hope of resolution cos Jack's no longer her immediate CO
                        sigpic

Comment

"What too much??"

Ah! So cute!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                            I'm no so much worried about being let down - I'm just trying to keep a sense of realism. I know tptb (notice they're not TIIC today? ) aren't going to give us another Threads, and I don't expect (or want neccessarily) a Chimera equivalent scene. I just want my S/J moments back, this time with anticipation instead of angst. How much did we all love that scene in
                            Spoiler:
                            Sam's lab at the end of Moebius when Jack says "you've got some packing to do"?
                            I'm gonna be more than happy with stuff like that showing that they are together.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the BHK, wedding in the gateroom, Sam announcing her pregnancy, etc. I'm keeping my expectations low so I a) don't get disappointed, and b) can have a huge lovely surprise if anything like that happens.

Just some thoughts on another loose end .... We gotta finally see Jack
                            Spoiler:
                            officially in his capacity as Head of Homeworld Security. Surely they're gonna address that huge plot hole that Jack fell into between S8 & S9! This, afterall, is the reason for hope of resolution cos Jack's no longer her immediate CO
                            I sure hope they fill those holes that especially with
                            Spoiler:
                            Jack's sudden promotion to major general...and then to disappear off the face of the screen I really want some flashbacks or something to resolve a lot of hidden stuff

sig by chlex

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              susan st james played sally macmillian.

and yes, nell, a real relationship CAN be played -and played successfully- by good and imaginitive writing!

heck, just put amanda and rick in a room together and let them do their stuff!

sally
                              Yep, or even different rooms with a phone a la Citizen Joe CJ & Threads spoiler
                              Spoiler:
                              Dinner plans anyone? Just so long as the beer is the accompaniment rather than the main ingredient OMGoodness - let's hope Jack doesn't BBQ
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                                (((((Shippers)))))
                                I'll be away on vacation for the next week. I expect a report of all shippy happenings upon my return!

Take care!

Ship Ship Hooray!!
                                nell
                                Nell have a lovely vacation ... for sure more shippy news will await you upon your return

Comment

Working...
                                X