This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
    Watching Fire and Water tonight I was struck by how young they all looked. CJ has changed the least, I think, though in the early seasons his Teal'c characterization included the turned down mouth so often. Now he's just the opposite, that enigmatic smile.
    That was on tonight? Damn I wanted to watch it.

Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

I've Been SPANKed by the Love Monkey!!

Comment

Originally posted by JONeill97
      Oh that's scary.

Yup... I feel sorry for Jack in front of her. He must be REALLY scared with a doctor holding a needle like that, looking like she's ready to kill him.
      LOL

She's actually getting ready to save him (the pic's from Broca Divide), but you get the idea
      sigpic

Comment

i know i asked this before (and recently), but are any shippers going to gatecon? or whatever the con's name is. amanda's going to be there.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Comment

I've been thinking about the 200th ep - this is all just speculation & wishful thinking (mostly wishful thinking ) so no spoilers.

We're not going to see a wedding. Knowing TPTB and their history of dealing with ship, I think it's safe to say that that's just not gonna happen. IMHO, the most TPTB are ever likely to give us is a cuddle and maybe, if we're very good, a real kiss. With any luck at all, Jack will be in the 200th ep, and be in it a lot...I want to say saving the galaxy - again - cos that's what Jack does. Although if it's another ep like Wormhole Xtreme then that's very unlikely. But something will bring him back to the SGC so I'm gonna stick with the galaxy-saving. The ep could start with him coming down in the lift in the SGC á la CotG. Daniel & Teal'c meet him when he gets off the lift (Sam is busy working out how they're going to save the galaxy but it's ok, because she sees Jack almost every day anyway) The conversation between Jack, Daniel & Teal'c is very sweet and funny and reflects the whole ep, as it will be filled with wonderful team and character moments - a real celebration of SG1. Cam, Lam and Landry will be in the ep, but it will be primarily about Jack, Sam, Daniel & Teal'c.

There should be a scene something like this fairly early on in the ep:
            Jack, Sam, Teal'c Daniel & Mitchell are in the commissary, chatting. Jack has his arm around Sam. At some stage in the conversation, Daniel asks, 'So have you two set a date yet?' Sam & Jack share a look, and Jack replies something to the effect of 'well, we thought we'd save the world first' At that moment, one or other of them is called away and they share a brief kiss before that person leaves. The other turns back to the team, grinning from ear to ear. Daniel & Teal'c smile at each other, happy that their friends have finally gotten their act together and they can now move on to arguing over who will be best man. (Daniel. Teal'c will sing. Cassie will of course be Sam's maid of honour.)

Now if they can work Jonas into it...or is that asking too much?
            Last edited by shelsfc; 21 March 2006, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee

How CUTE is that!!!!!!! If only it were real!
              Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
              Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
              Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                I've been thinking about the 200th ep - this is all just speculation & wishful thinking (mostly wishful thinking ) so no spoilers.

We're not going to see a wedding. Knowing TPTB and their history of dealing with ship, I think it's safe to say that that's just not gonna happen. IMHO, the most TPTB are ever likely to give us is a cuddle and maybe, if we're very good, a real kiss. With any luck at all, Jack will be in the 200th ep, and be in it a lot...I want to say saving the galaxy - again - cos that's what Jack does. Although if it's another ep like Wormhole Xtreme then that's very unlikely. But something will bring him back to the SGC so I'm gonna stick with the galaxy-saving. The ep could start with him coming down in the lift in the SGC á la CotG. Daniel & Teal'c meet him when he gets off the lift (Sam is busy working out how they're going to save the galaxy but it's ok, because she sees Jack almost every day anyway) The conversation between Jack, Daniel & Teal'c is very sweet and funny and reflects the whole ep, as it will be filled with wonderful team and character moments - a real celebration of SG1. Cam, Lam and Landry will be in the ep, but it will be primarily about Jack, Sam, Daniel & Teal'c.

There should be a scene something like this fairly early on in the ep:
                Jack, Sam, Teal'c Daniel & Mitchell are in the commissary, chatting. Jack has his arm around Sam. At some stage in the conversation, Daniel asks, 'So have you two set a date yet?' Sam & Jack share a look, and Jack replies something to the effect of 'well, we thought we'd save the world first' At that moment, one or other of them is called away and they share a brief kiss before that person leaves. The other turns back to the team, grinning from ear to ear. Daniel & Teal'c smile at each other, happy that their friends have finally gotten their act together and they can now move on to arguing over who will be best man. (Daniel. Teal'c will sing. Cassie will of course be Sam's maid of honour.)

Now if they can work Jonas into it...or is that asking too much?
                What a great idea Jack and Sam as well as the rest of the original SG1. I truly hope that Jack will be in the 200th episode but I have to say that I have my doubts about whether RDA will even be asked with the way that tptb have treated the Jack character. As we have yet to see s9 I have only got to go on what has been said on the forum and it sounds like that Jack has not really been mentioned since he left the show and that is just horrific. There is truly no other couple who have been treated so abysmally yet we still hold out hope that tptb will eventually wake up and realise that these two wonderful characters belong together. Shelsfc, you have the right idea on how it should be handled. Not to over the top but enough detail to finally show us that Jack and Sam are together. However I wouldn't mind seeing a wedding take place at the SGC with all their friends in attendance. Daniel, Teal'c, General Hammond, Thor and the myriad of aliens that they have befriended who have not been killed.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Gatebee, what a great picture. Once again you show us your brilliance. I'm sitting here watching 'Threads' and it's up to the verandah scene. If only Kerry hadn't chosed that moment to walk out of the door. Sam was so close to telling Jack how she truly felt about him and Jack was waiting with baited breath to hear her say the words that he has waited so long to hear. This episode gave me such hope that tptb were finally going to do something. They know that RDA was not coming back if the show was picked up for another season so there was no way that the on screen chemistry would be destroyed if they got together becaquse Jack would be moving on and they could have married and Sam would have continued on at the SGC. Jack being Jack would have been happy for Sam to continue because he would never have asked her to do anything to damage her career. Whilst I've been typing and watching, it's gotten closed to the 'Always' scene, so I'm going to post this so that I can devoute my entire attention to the screen.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                  NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
                    What a great idea Jack and Sam as well as the rest of the original SG1. I truly hope that Jack will be in the 200th episode but I have to say that I have my doubts about whether RDA will even be asked with the way that tptb have treated the Jack character. As we have yet to see s9 I have only got to go on what has been said on the forum and it sounds like that Jack has not really been mentioned since he left the show and that is just horrific. There is truly no other couple who have been treated so abysmally yet we still hold out hope that tptb will eventually wake up and realise that these two wonderful characters belong together. Shelsfc, you have the right idea on how it should be handled. Not to over the top but enough detail to finally show us that Jack and Sam are together. However I wouldn't mind seeing a wedding take place at the SGC with all their friends in attendance. Daniel, Teal'c, General Hammond, Thor and the myriad of aliens that they have befriended who have not been killed.
                    I would absolutely LOVE to see their wedding at the SGC, exactly as you have described, I just don't believe TPTB will ever show it. I think maybe they might make a reference to it, to acknowledge that it happened, or will happen, that's why I had Daniel asking them if they had set a date. I think TPTB have the problem that they can only go so far with the ship between two of their main characters without it turning into a soap. They showed that particular problem with Sam and Pete. It is difficult to get that balance in sci fi, but they could do it if they put their minds to it!! Star Trek manages it quite well (for the most part... ) But on SG1, TPTB won't even let them kiss for real, so the chances of them actually showing them get married must be incredibly slim.

Comment

I would absolutely LOVE to see their wedding at the SGC, exactly as you have described, I just don't believe TPTB will ever show it. I think maybe they might make a reference to it, to acknowledge that it happened, or will happen, that's why I had Daniel asking them if they had set a date. I think TPTB have the problem that they can only go so far with the ship between two of their main characters without it turning into a soap. They showed that particular problem with Sam and Pete. It is difficult to get that balance in sci fi, but they could do it if they put their minds to it!! Star Trek manages it quite well (for the most part... ) But on SG1, TPTB won't even let them kiss for real, so the chances of them actually showing them get married must be incredibly slim.
                      Yeah I know, that's why I said that they could have followed through with the relationship because they knew that RDA would not be returning for the new season if it was to be picked up. They could have easily completed the relationship knowing that the on-screen UST would not be affected because one of the main characters would no longer be on screen. (Wipes away tears from my eyes at the thought of no Jack on the screen).

Dream a little dream of Sam and Jack and maybe just maybe it will come true.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                      NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Yeah I know, that's why I said that they could have followed through with the relationship because they knew that RDA would not be returning for the new season if it was to be picked up. They could have easily completed the relationship knowing that the on-screen UST would not be affected because one of the main characters would no longer be on screen. (Wipes away tears from my eyes at the thought of no Jack on the screen).

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../lightkiss.jpg

Everyone in this thread probably wishes for that too. They should have done something with the relationship before RDA left.
                        sigpic
                        Past | LJ | Last.FM | IG

Comment

They really should have. A resolution at the end of S8 wouldn't have cost them anything - the shippers would have been delighted, the anti-shippers wouldn't have had to deal with a proper relationship. Most people would have been reasonably happy. That's one of the reasons I was so disappointed with Moebius - It was such a complete cop-out.
                          And now Jack's gone!

Comment

They really should have. A resolution at the end of S8 wouldn't have cost them anything - the shippers would have been delighted, the anti-shippers wouldn't have had to deal with a proper relationship. Most people would have been reasonably happy. That's one of the reasons I was so disappointed with Moebius - It was such a complete cop-out.
                            And now Jack's gone!
                            So true, SO TRUE!!!! It really was a win, win situation for tptb but alas they didn't see the potential and the opportunity that they had been given. Really it was handed to them on a platter. Why they did not see it and then utilise it is beyond me and obviously the rest of my shipper family whole-heartedly agrees.

OH YEAH JACK. TAKE A GOOD LOOK BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY THING THAT TPTB WILL EVER LET YOU SEE OF YOUR ONE TRUE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                            NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

So true, SO TRUE!!!! It really was a win, win situation for tptb but alas they didn't see the potential and the opportunity that they had been given. Really it was handed to them on a platter. Why they did not see it and then utilise it is beyond me and obviously the rest of my shipper family whole-heartedly agrees.

OH YEAH JACK. TAKE A GOOD LOOK BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY THING THAT TPTB WILL EVER LET YOU SEE OF YOUR ONE TRUE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              I certainly do agree. How they could have overlooked that opportunity is beyond me. The only thing I can think of is that they were afraid they'd lose shipper viewers if the ship was resolved and out of the picture, cos they think that's the only thing we tune in for. But that makes no sense either, because even apart from the fact that it's not the only thing we tune in for, there's still no ship to keep us here if it was.

Love the pics

Comment

I certainly do agree. How they could have overlooked that opportunity is beyond me. The only thing I can think of is that they were afraid they'd lose shipper viewers if the ship was resolved and out of the picture, cos they think that's the only thing we tune in for. But that makes no sense either, because even apart from the fact that it's not the only thing we tune in for, there's still no ship to keep us here if it was.

Love the pics
                                As much as I love Jack/RDA and trust me that man melts my heart as well as............ well never mind that (I must remember this is a PG Forum), I along with many others realise that the show was not solely about Jack. I will watch S9 when out TV programmers finally stop sitting on their brains and air S9 & S2. From everything I've heard it wasn't so bad a season but I like many shippers will miss seeing Jack and Sam together if only on the screen but forever together in my heart.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                                NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Working...
                                X