Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those scenes really gave me chills! It was like she was proving she could get a guy but when the line was crossed she really didn't want to do the deed. Sam's mind really wasn't with potato head.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
      Do share these theories! Please! You have me curious!
      Nothing bad, but will PM so as not to get possible wrath from the monitors .
      Spoiler:
      One of whom has had my wrath since calling Sam a "cow."

Comment

Before bed bump
        sigpic

Comment

General principles, 3:15am Central Standard Time bump!!!

I have been reading all your posts from the last few days, and I'm having such a good time getting caught up!!!!!

The poll: Yes, Rogue, there is always some truth in jest.

Sam Carter's paper: What's your deadline?

The photo stories by trupi and nell: Wonderful!!!!!

The discussions in general: Great and optimistic!

I just wanted to say that I made myself watch Ripple Effect again Friday night on Skiffy...because it ticked me off so badly the first time that I thought I might have missed something. And I'm glad I watched it again, because I picked up on something that didn't register with me the first time:
          Spoiler:
          Teal'c, who has always been a big S/J shipper, was smiling broadly when he said that the Sam in his reality had just gotten back from her honeymoon. He wouldn't have been that pleased if she had married Pete, so she must have married Jack!

Same thing with Janet on the "maternity leave" remark. I just don't think she would have looked so pleased if it had been anyone but Jack.

Also, on the almost smooch with Martouf: I saw a look of realization in Sam's eyes when she pulled back. I think she realized that although she was glad to see Martouf alive, and although it conjured up old reactions from the blending with Jolinar, she knew the kiss would have been wrong!

So, I'm very glad I watched it again!

Ok.....I'm only up to March 15, so back to my reading!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            General principles, 3:15am Central Standard Time bump!!!

I have been reading all your posts from the last few days, and I'm having such a good time getting caught up!!!!!

The poll: Yes, Rogue, there is always some truth in jest.

Sam Carter's paper: What's your deadline?

The photo stories by trupi and nell: Wonderful!!!!!

The discussions in general: Great and optimistic!

I just wanted to say that I made myself watch Ripple Effect again Friday night on Skiffy...because it ticked me off so badly the first time that I thought I might have missed something. And I'm glad I watched it again, because I picked up on something that didn't register with me the first time:
            Spoiler:
            Teal'c, who has always been a big S/J shipper, was smiling broadly when he said that the Sam in his reality had just gotten back from her honeymoon. He wouldn't have been that pleased if she had married Pete, so she must have married Jack!

Same thing with Janet on the "maternity leave" remark. I just don't think she would have looked so pleased if it had been anyone but Jack.

Also, on the almost smooch with Martouf: I saw a look of realization in Sam's eyes when she pulled back. I think she realized that although she was glad to see Martouf alive, and although it conjured up old reactions from the blending with Jolinar, she knew the kiss would have been wrong!

So, I'm very glad I watched it again!

Ok.....I'm only up to March 15, so back to my reading!
            Huh. I was so angry when watching RE that I didn't notice
            Spoiler:
            the realization in her eyes. I have always hoped it was Jolinar, as she has always had trouble when the two mix. I did notice the Teal'C happiness though.

I do have to point out that
            Spoiler:
            with Janet she could have been happy if it was a Pete's Baby (gosh that was hard to write...) maternity leave if there never was a Jack/Sam thing in her reality. If everyone was happy that Sam..I can't write something like that again!... then they would be happy about a baby.

Have fun reading!

It is now 1:30 AM and I am off to bed!

Spoiler:
            Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by zuz
              I'm not sure what you're refering to... If you mean the pics:

The first set on this page is from Threads and the second one is from It's good to be king. So both are from s8.

Hope that's what you wanted to know. If not please ask away ...I'll try to answer.

PS: And why would you feel stupid, not necessary here, we're among friends. Look at me, nobody is scolding me for my English. And I'm really appreciating it. BTW Thanks, people.

your ENG is good, not like a my ENG, but nobody harm me

FISHING & TOGETHER

p.s.
              ak by nerozumeli tebe tak ja som úplne v r...
              Last edited by dexterav; 19 March 2006, 01:12 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                If TPTB want a good laugh they should just look at the ratings.
                Last night, while we were out at dinner, just mere hours before I read this post, something occurred to me (I get all my good ideas when I'm relaxed--usually driving home from work--but I digress). Anyway, I turned to Hubby and said, "Something just hit me. The reason SciFi is running Dr. Who during the off season instead of the repeats of the regular SciFi Friday lineup is because the ratings have been so dismal.....and they don't want to take a worse hit in the repeats!"

He agreed. Of course, that's just the broadcasters in us.....looking for motivations behind everything. But I think that is probably it. They've barely gotten near a 2.0 all season, any week, so why see your share of the audience erode even more during rerun season?

OT: I found Dr. Who kinda fun...kinda campy and very British in style (music, cinematography, etc.). It was kinda like The Avengers meets a Batman movie.....high camp meets comic book.....and it will keep me entertained until S10 rolls around. Ok, that's it. Just MHO.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                  Last night, while we were out at dinner, just mere hours before I read this post, something occurred to me (I get all my good ideas when I'm relaxed--usually driving home from work--but I digress). Anyway, I turned to Hubby and said, "Something just hit me. The reason SciFi is running Dr. Who during the off season instead of the repeats of the regular SciFi Friday lineup is because the ratings have been so dismal.....and they don't want to take a worse hit in the repeats!"

He agreed. Of course, that's just the broadcasters in us.....looking for motivations behind everything. But I think that is probably it. They've barely gotten near a 2.0 all season, any week, so why see your share of the audience erode even more during rerun season?

OT: I found Dr. Who kinda fun...kinda campy and very British in style (music, cinematography, etc.). It was kinda like The Avengers meets a Batman movie.....high camp meets comic book.....and it will keep me entertained until S10 rolls around. Ok, that's it. Just MHO.
                  What does 2.0 mean in terms of ratings? That two million people watched it, or two percent of the TV audience or is it something else?

Are Season Nine's scores lower than Season Eight's were?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                    What does 2.0 mean in terms of ratings? That two million people watched it, or two percent of the TV audience or is it something else?

Are Season Nine's scores lower than Season Eight's were?
                    1 point is +- 1.3 million
                    season 9 have only 4 epi with rating 2.0 or better
                    season 8 have 4 epi less than 2.1 ,
                    best is 2.4 (M2)

fan & GW rating is nothing for Airing
                    Last edited by dexterav; 19 March 2006, 01:50 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                      1 point is +- 1.3 milion
                      season 9. have only 4 epi with rating 2.0 or better
                      I take it that's a bad sign. Did they do better in earlier seasons?

Comment

hey guys how are you? How is the shipthread going?

I think that season 9 wasn't that bad. It was the season with the biggest changes that had a lo of influence but the writters made it work !

The ratings were indeed lower
                        Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                          1 point is +- 1.3 milion
                          season 9. have only 4 epi with rating 2.0 or better
                          When you think about it, 2.0 or even 4 is pretty poor in ratings when some other shows have 18 to 26 millions .. I suppose it depends on the channel they are showing it , right !!!! Which channel is SG1 aired in the US ?!!Is it a popular channel ?!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                            When you think about it, 2.0 or even 4 is pretty poor in ratings when some other shows have 18 to 26 millions .. I suppose it depends on the channel they are showing it , right !!!! Which channel is SG1 aired in the US ?!!Is it a popular channel ?!!

Caty
                            Sci-fi doesn't seem to be for everybody.

In Ireland, everytime I check the listings of the weeks top twenty most watched shows, the talk shows, soaps and sometimes sitcoms populate the list.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                              Huh. I was so angry when watching RE that I didn't notice
                              Spoiler:
                              the realization in her eyes. I have always hoped it was Jolinar, as she has always had trouble when the two mix. I did notice the Teal'C happiness though.

I do have to point out that
                              Spoiler:
                              with Janet she could have been happy if it was a Pete's Baby (gosh that was hard to write...) maternity leave if there never was a Jack/Sam thing in her reality. If everyone was happy that Sam..I can't write something like that again!... then they would be happy about a baby.

Shhhhh! Can't you tell I'm trying to make lemonade here? It's hard work! Hard, hard work!!!!! Tee-hee!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1

Caty
                                i thinking is only US cable? chanell

heh, SVK have only 5 million citizen

true is 9. season have a very bad rating
                                IMO 9.20 save it (over 2.0 but need 3.0 , ehm maybe , if not, 9. season is worse in history SG, all season have rating 2.0 or over)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X