Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what would happen if Sam was going out with a Guy and Jack retired and the Regs were gone?

Comment

I think it was ok for Sam to have a private life.The mistake that was made was not showing Sam and Jack having an adult conversation.The confusion was in D&C.Did leaving it in the room mean Sam and Jack were going to see other people? D&C soled nothing.It jsut caused more problems.There have been too many unanswered questions and IMO that is why Sam looked bad with Pete.It looked like Sam moved on without talking to Jack.It looked like Sam and Jack were not on the same page.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
        Ok I have a question for my felow shippers.

The Grace Kiss. We've seen it. We love it.

What do you think this kiss really meant?
        We know that every one in the episode was supposed to represent a part of Sam. So what does the kiss represent? Sam saying goodbye to "The Safe Bet"? Sam's mind being evil and showing her what she can never have? Her mind overly curious about what it would be like to really kiss Jack? Her knowing deep down that Jack is not "Just a safe bet"?

I'm really curious to know what other people think!
        i haven't read passed this post yet, so forgive me if I'm behind the times or whatever.

i think this kiss represented the fact that while she consciously made the choice when she woke up to try to move on, she would always keep the hope and desire to be with jack.

i think that this was the part of carters subconscious mind telling her that he is the one. that this is same part of her mind telling her that she can never let him go, no matter how much she might try, because part of her mind knows that she is in love with him and always will be. sorry if this sounds overly sappy but that's what i think.

i also think it was a message to the fans that, despite the apparent ending of the episode, and subsequent episodes that closely followed it, they shouldn't think that it was the end of the relationship. and i think the 'previously on' clip they showed in chimera backed that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
          Yep. The same thing goes with what Jacob said in Grace and then in Threads. I really think Sam misunderstood him or rather herself in Grace. "Jacob" asked her if she was happy, like the real Jacob in Threads. and when "he" said "It's time to let go of the things that prevent you from finding happiness", he meant the same thing as the real one in Threads: "Don't let rules stand in your way".

Grace showed how much Sam know her men and what they would say but given her state, I think she misunderstood everything they said, especially Jack and Jacob.
          ok forget mine, this is what i should have said.

Comment

ok, let me ask a question here.

joe askes sam to go to dinner with him in a room full of people. (and in front of her two immediate superior officers which i think was bad form on his part)

what would people have said about sam if she had rejected the poor puppy dog right there and then in front of a room full of other people?

to me, asking someone out in front of a gang of people is really just pressuring them into something. but i don't want to start a joe hating rampage, so i'll go no further than my basic question. i think joe was... ok... in 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
              Just read the MS interview
              Spoiler:
              I desperately hope that familiar face is Jack. As for the ep being like Wormhole Xtreme...well I liked Wormhole Xtreme! But I was hoping this ep was going to be more of a celebration of SG1, everything we didn't get in Moebius. So I'm disappointed. Again.
              The "familiar face" will probably be a cardboard cutout!!!!

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                i haven't read passed this post yet, so forgive me if I'm behind the times or whatever.

i think this kiss represented the fact that while she consciously made the choice when she woke up to try to move on, she would always keep the hope and desire to be with jack.

i think that this was the part of carters subconscious mind telling her that he is the one. that this is same part of her mind telling her that she can never let him go, no matter how much she might try, because part of her mind knows that she is in love with him and always will be. sorry if this sounds overly sappy but that's what i think.

i also think it was a message to the fans that, despite the apparent ending of the episode, and subsequent episodes that closely followed it, they shouldn't think that it was the end of the relationship. and i think the 'previously on' clip they showed in chimera backed that up.
                You seriously just made me squee like a stoned school girl. I love that post you put everything in it and it made perfect sense! I never really thought about it that way. I always thought that Grace was Carter's way of sticking it the the man, even though she didn't really. She imagined it, she liked it and I think that it's something that she won't ever forget, or admit. Can I just say she has a fantasticimagination.

I always imagined Carter picturing that kiss at inopportune moments like in the middle of a briefing or dinner with Pete made me giggle like hell.

Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

I've Been SPANKed by the Love Monkey!!

Comment

A bump for Jack and Sam

Comment

joe askes sam to go to dinner with him in a room full of people. (and in front of her two immediate superior officers which i think was bad form on his part)

what would people have said about sam if she had rejected the poor puppy dog right there and then in front of a room full of other people?

to me, asking someone out in front of a gang of people is really just pressuring them into something. but i don't want to start a joe hating rampage, so i'll go no further than my basic question. i think joe was... ok... in 2001.
                    *refuses to go on joe hating rampage* i really like this interpretation. that scene has always annoyed the he** out of me, and i like version.
                    to me joe always seemed like the safe bet. she didn't really love him, he was nice, knew about the gate, not hard to understand, totally excepting, funny…no, scratch that…sweet, etc, you know, everything. nothing challenging, but nothing REAL either.
                    honestly, i never understood why she saw jack as her safe bet, it really hurt my perception of her to know she could hurt him like that. but it did give us one of the only real RELATIONship scenes in the series (cabin-2010).
                    I always pictured Daniel, Teal’c, Janet and Hammond walking out of the his house (where he called them to try to convince him one last time,) and jack being hurt and angry, and backing up…right into sam still standing there for him. [then of course they fall onto the couch…]
                    sigpic
                    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

I doubt that it was Joe's intention, and I think that Sam would have agreed to lunch if they had been alone when he asked the question, but you're right that it would have put pressure on her to agree, especially as they were to work together on forming the alliance with the Aschen.

Had Sam refused, it could have been very awkward for them later.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                        I doubt that it was Joe's intention, and I think that Sam would have agreed to lunch if they had been alone when he asked the question, but you're right that it would have put pressure on her to agree, especially as they were to work together on forming the alliance with the Aschen.

she could have invited jack too!! (-sorry)
                        sigpic
                        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                          *refuses to go on joe hating rampage* i really like this interpretation. that scene has always annoyed the he** out of me, and i like version.
                          to me joe always seemed like the safe bet. she didn't really love him, he was nice, knew about the gate, not hard to understand, totally excepting, funny…no, scratch that…sweet, etc, you know, everything. nothing challenging, but nothing REAL either.
                          honestly, i never understood why she saw jack as her safe bet, it really hurt my perception of her to know she could hurt him like that. but it did give us one of the only real RELATIONship scenes in the series (cabin-2010).
                          I always pictured Daniel, Teal’c, Janet and Hammond walking out of the his house (where he called them to try to convince him one last time,) and jack being hurt and angry, and backing up…right into sam still standing there for him. [then of course they fall onto the couch…]
                          i think by "safe bet" she meant exactly what she said. by waiting for him, a relationship that at the time she believed impossible, she was saving herself from getting hurt any further in relationships. she had jack on a pedastal. she had him on this untouchable level. the guy that she would wait for, while secretly pessimistic that it could never happen. she thought that as they were in their current (at that time) indefinable state, somewhere between co-workers, friends and way more, that there was no way she could get hurt.

at this point, they are both entitled to see whoever they want. the reality of the pain that would cause doesn't set in until they find themselves in the situation. they can both think "i have no claim on him/her, he/she can see whoever they want". but its not until they are faced with the reality that it hurts.

sam felt that jack was a safe bet because at the state of their relationship, he couldn't hurt her, but she still had the fantasy in her mind of what it could be like in the future. i honestly think that had they, at this point gone forward to the next level of their relationship, that sam would have panicked because she had built it up so much because deep down she knew that jack was "the one", for lack of a better term, and the fear and insecurities that she had about herself would have really come through.

she took the brave step in trying to move on. and she didn't make that decision until the very end of the episode, when jack balked at her use of his first name (as she percieved it). her insecurities came into play, and she made the choice to try to get over him, because she perhaps formed a belief in those moments that he didn't want that kind of relationship with her.

she decided to try at a "normal" life. and yes, jack was hurt, yet happy for her when she did. but she didn't know that, and it wasn't through any insensitivity on her part. nor was jacks relationships hurting sam due to any insensitivity on his part. neither of them made a consious choice to hurt the other. and neither one has any disrespect for the other.

i know that the "safe bet" thing was only a one line part of your post, but i took it and i ran with it.

Comment

i think that this was the part of carters subconscious mind telling her that he is the one. that this is same part of her mind telling her that she can never let him go, no matter how much she might try, because part of her mind knows that she is in love with him and always will be.
                            I agree that the kiss was the part of Sam's mind that knew that she was in love with Jack speaking but I think that in 'Grace' she was feeling muddled about what she wanted to do, what she could do and what she should do.

To quote Jack, "A massive concussion will tend to disorient one", especially when it is accompanied by sleep deprivation, stress, isolation and possibly effects from the nebula.

The Jack-apparition also told her that he would always be there for her, "no matter what", so I doubt very much that her subconscious had dismissed the idea of loving him, even if her conscious mind tried to move on.

I think that Sam might have been feeling lonely after "Grace", and worried that she was losing out on the chance for a romantic relationship and her brother's attempt to set her up with his friend came at a bad time.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

oh i'm not saying that it was a deliberate attempt on his part to pressure her. i just think that it was a poorly thought out location and time for the invitation. and sam may well have accepted in other circumstances, but that could not really be percieved as being insensitive to jack at that point in the show either IMO. (although i do see the controlling nature in his character to a small extent, mostly i just think he was dull.)

Comment

I agree that the kiss was the part of Sam's mind that knew that she was in love with Jack speaking but I think that in 'Grace' she was feeling muddled about what she wanted to do, what she could do and what she should do.

To quote Jack, "A massive concussion will tend to disorient one", especially when it is accompanied by sleep deprivation, stress, isolation and possibly effects from the nebula.

The Jack-apparition also told her that he would always be there for her, "no matter what", so I doubt very much that her subconscious had dismissed the idea of loving him, even if her conscious mind tried to move on.

I think that Sam might have been feeling lonely after "Grace", and worried that she was losing out on the chance for a romantic relationship and her brother's attempt to set her up with his friend came at a bad time.
                                good point. i also think that while she was feeling lonely, she had her own insecurities at play too. i think the dialogue in grace does speak a lot towards how the plot was intended to go. and i think the plot did go pretty much that way as intended. and i think that while sams subconsious was trying to tell her one thing, and her subsubconsious was bringing in more things, her consious mind (concussed mind you) was trying to make sense of it all. and with a concussion, i don't think it was entirely successful.

really sucky time for ones subconsious to offer its opinions on ones life really. and lousy timing on the reaction to her saying his name, and the big bro setting her up too. damn her insecurities!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X