X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pacific Jack
    (snip)
    But, the real problem with this year was the loss of the main personality, Jack O'Neill. He turned out to be, simply put, irreplaceable. We don't know why there hasn't been much mention of him throughout most of this season. Even references by Sam, in particular, have been anemic. Only a very brief mention that she was in a relationship with someone to agent Barrett in EDM. Either he no longer remains interested in the show, or the show is no longer interested in him. One theory I haven't read was if there might have been some "complicated" issue between RDA and AT. It could be that she didn't want this ship to sail anymore, or that he didn't, and that the big guys are just following their wishes. Some of the outtakes and behind the scenes stuff seemed more affectionate than necessary. I'm just sayin... Maybe we are not considering a possibility not associated with the bad writing and deplorable continutiy. Why wouldn't tptb want Jack back? They are not that stupid. They know he was and probably still is the most popular character on the show. They also know that a big part of the success was because of the feelings between Sam and Jack. They developed it, and the actors seemed to relish it. Their screen chemistry was one of the best I've ever seen in movies or TV. So, the producers all of a sudden developed romantic amnesia? Nah! None of this makes any story sense or corporate sense. Something must be going on. This could all be a personal issue that no one wants to talk about. This could explain some of the rather odd stories this year with Sam and Orlin/Martouf, as well as the "no mention of Jack" situation. I'm not sayin that this is what happened, but it seems a possibility to me. It explains alot.

Jack
    Ok, don't take this personaly , but I do hope you are not insinuating what I think you are
    Although it is board policy not to talk about actors private lives, I would just like to point out that AT (with husband and daughter) joined RDA on a charity weekend recently (after christmas). She was part of his team ( the only one from stargate apart from BB strangely) and they seemed to have a great time together. So I think your theoty falls prety flat.

Comment

I don't think that TPTB would listen to the actors about the direction of the show .they didn't listen to AT when she wanted another direction in "Affinity" about the marriage proposal and she didn't get what she wanted .
      I do not think that AT would say to TPTB that she had enough to play Sam with a ship to Jack , because I think she knows it may well destroy a big part of the interest of the show .
      Anyway TPTB did what they wanted . TPTB are made of very unloving men anyway and apparently , it seems like "Faithfullness" " or "being faithfull" is a word/expression that they have never heard of ..... looks like they like to play games with feelings . I don't think that one man in the TPTB team knows about "true love", otherwise , the faifhfull and passionate one would have reacted and clear the mess up .
      Where are the women writers when we need them ?!!

caty

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
        *growl*

everyone look at the camelot poll on GW's front page...What the...hell is going on with that?

They're rigging the polls to keep the fan rating up
        They are so full of doggie poo that it's really not funny! Come on GW, do you really think we believe those numbers?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
          they didn't listen to AT when she wanted another direction in "Affinity" about the marriage proposal and she didn't get what she wanted .
          Elaborate please!!!

Spoiler:
          Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
            They are so full of doggie poo that it's really not funny! Come on GW, do you really think we believe those numbers?

What is the relationship between GW and SG-1 PTB and sci-fi? I thought GW was essentially folks like us on steroids. Does GW have any real influence, especially regarding the polls, or is it just a reference tool for TPTB and sci-fi?

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
              What is the relationship between GW and SG-1 PTB and sci-fi? I thought GW was essentially folks like us on steroids. Does GW have any real influence, especially regarding the polls, or is it just a reference tool for TPTB and sci-fi?
              While I do live in fear of the mods... I have been wondering that myself, considering the interviews, and blogs and such. I will now shut up as I do not want to get in trouble...Hallowed are The Mods and PTB of Gateworld!

Spoiler:

Comment

Watched Exodus tonight and made some screencaps, here's one of our favourite couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah

Watched Exodus tonight and made some screencaps, here's one of our favourite couple.
                  Cute!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                    Elaborate please!!!
                    Oh in spoiler
                    Spoiler:
                    ..well you know when she had to play that scene with Pete and she had to say "Yes" to the engagement proposal with the ring ..well AT went to see De LUISE to tell him she was uncomfortable to play it that way ..that it was not fair for "The other guy" meaning Jack ..She didn't want that scene in the episode..so TPTB didn't listen to her and did exactly what they wanted to do .They did not care about AT's feelings .

Caty

Comment

While I do live in fear of the mods... I have been wondering that myself, considering the interviews, and blogs and such. I will now shut up as I do not want to get in trouble...Hallowed are The Mods and PTB of Gateworld!
                      Never did I intend to offend the Mods or in any way denegrate GW, I just wondered how GW fits into the grand scheme. My understanding is that GW is comprised of fans, not officials, and that any credence or value attributed by TPTB or sci-fi was of a reference or water-testing nature. I thought GW is a separate entity related soley by its appreciation and enjoyment of science fiction programming. Please enlighten me if I am incorrect.

Comment

Never did I intend to offend the Mods or in any way denegrate GW, I just wondered how GW fits into the grand scheme. My understanding is that GW is comprised of fans, not officials, and that any credence or value attributed by TPTB or sci-fi was of a reference or water-testing nature. I thought GW is a separate entity related soley by its appreciation and enjoyment of science fiction programming. Please enlighten me if I am incorrect.
                        Me either. I have been wondering the same thing is all. I have read the disclaimer and everything. GW is a fan site.
                        I just live in fear of the Mods is all...

Spoiler:

Comment

I don't think TPTB listen to the fan (GW) unless the ratings go downhill ..If they still see some good ratings , they will carry on not listening to the fans.This is exactly what they did with the Sam and Jack fanbase . They didn't care about what all the shippers wanted in season 9 ..even an little acknowledgement of Love between Sam and Jack and clear enough to make us happy , was too much to ask ..and that only because the ratings have been decent ,I suppose ...

......but may be, they will learn their lesson too late once the season 9 DVD boxset is out because I doubt that even one S/J shipper will buy that boxset ...

......and we know how many S/J shippers are around ..... A lot !!!!.. and can I just say , that all the friends I know who watch SG1 are Sam and Jack shippers ..They do not go online to talk about it but they are there , everywhere .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                            ......and we know how many S/J shippers are around ..... A lot !!!!.. and can I just say , that all the friends I know who watch SG1 are Sam and Jack shippers ..They do not go online to talk about it but they are there , everywhere .
                            Caty
                            We S/J Shippers are everywhere! I just found out last weekend that my mother's best friend's husband is a shipper! But he understands why they could not be together since he is Army (reserves).

But my mother and I were talking and she said "People will do what they want." And she is ex-Army so...

Spoiler:

Comment

We S/J Shippers are everywhere! I just found out last weekend that my mother's best friend's husband is a shipper! But he understands why they could not be together since he is Army (reserves).

But my mother and I were talking and she said "People will do what they want." And she is ex-Army so...
                              Yea, mommy! Yea mommy's best friend's husband! No boxsets for shippers! That should be our battle cry. Hallowed are the shippers. Follow the path of ship or be destroyed.

Comment

SQUEEEEEEEEE! I just read the main page and Sci-fi is having a Sam and Jack theme for sci-fi monday on April 3!!!

i also LOVE that the sam/jack is being recognized, and recognized as *important*!

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X