X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, at least Teal'c
    Spoiler:
    told Cam his ideas sucked. That was positive. And I was glad that he encouraged the girl to pull the sword from the stone. My only beef with that scene is that I wish she had vanquished the Black Knight instead of Daniel shooting the control panel. The ending battle scene was pretty ok and I like the inclusion of the Lucien Alliance. I wish they'd been better developed throughout the season. I'm not exactly shaking in my boots over the fate of anyone. By the way, was the Russian dude always named "Chekov"? Why don't we get some Japanese dude and call him "Sulu"? We already have transporters.

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
      Well, at least Teal'c
      Spoiler:
      told Cam his ideas sucked. That was positive. And I was glad that he encouraged the girl to pull the sword from the stone. My only beef with that scene is that I wish she had vanquished the Black Knight instead of Daniel shooting the control panel. The ending battle scene was pretty ok and I like the inclusion of the Lucien Alliance. I wish they'd been better developed throughout the season. I'm not exactly shaking in my boots over the fate of anyone. By the way, was the Russian dude always named "Chekov"? Why don't we get some Japanese dude and call him "Sulu"? We already have transporters.
      maybe a japanese guy named sulu is next.

Comment

OK, I just checked the Omnipedia and it seems this guy was always named "Chekov". I double-checked Walter to see if they acknowledged name changes and they do so I feel confident that he was always "Chekov". I can't believe I never picked up on that before.

Comment

this is gunna sound ultra dumb.. but im new here and i got no idea what u mean by 'ship' and 'thunk' please... be nice lol. but what do they mean?
          Michael's Shanks.

Comment

We watched Camelot. We weren't surprised that there was no
            Spoiler:
            Ship and no mention of Jack. Disappointed? Sure! Maybe Jack will rescue our floating Sam?
            sigpic

Comment

hi all-slightly off topic I know-but some of you have read my Rhiannon series and just wanted you to know that the second half of Line Of Destiny is up. The story is now complete.

and now a word from our sponsor:

http://www.geocities.com/zeesmom2000/LoD2.html
              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by jaimi_shanks
                this is gunna sound ultra dumb.. but im new here and i got no idea what u mean by 'ship' and 'thunk' please... be nice lol. but what do they mean?
                Hey there!!! Welcome!

Okay...Shipping is a term associated with a pairing on a show. It's a play on the word "relationship." Thus Sam and Jack Shippers are those brilliant and vivacious souls who appreciate, love and adore the onscreen dynamic/relationship betwixt these two characters. (I'm also a Daniel Jackson/Sarah Gardner shipper and a Teal'c/Isht'a shipper).

As for Thunking...a Thunker is one who appreciates a cast member or character based on their attraction or interest in them. THUNK! is the sound of one hitting the floor upon seeing the object of their interest on screen or on their computers.

Does that help???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by jaimi_shanks
                  Hi, JaimiShanks! Welcome. I don't think you're stupid. We were all new once and understand. "Ship" refers to a relationship, in the case of this thread between Jack and Sam. "Thunk" is the noise made by a person hitting the ground in a dead faint at the total and utter hotness of a character/actor. Hope that helps.

Comment

Here's our SG1-Stargate Gallery that we have pulled together from our personal collections!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                      At least when Mulder left the show, Scully didn't act like he had dropped off the face of the Earth.

She didn't?? Sure looked like she did to me! At least, in S8, after which I didn't watch any more episodes until the finale - which I regretted every second of every day since.

Did CC do "ship" better than TIIC of Stargate?? NO!!! He was just as bad, and any ship we did get - on either show - was a direct result of the actors - DD, GA, RDA, and AT.
                      Last edited by Buc252; 10 March 2006, 05:47 PM.
                      - Mary
                      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                        She didn't?? Sure looked like she did to me! At least, in S8, after which I didn't watch any more episodes until the finale - which I regretted every second of every day since.

Did CC do "ship" better than TIIC of Stargate?? NO!!! He was just as bad, and any ship we did get - on either show - was a direct result of the actors - DD, GA, RDA, and AT.
                        i continued to watch x-files (without mulder) because scully was my favorite. hmm, that sounds familiar with what's going on with stargate right now. anyhoo, i felt the end ep, with scully and mulder together, was... lacking. just lacking. just like the ending for Jag. boring and lacking.

don't do this to stargate and sam/jack!!!

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

btw, i was hoping there'd be a little 'ship surprise' waiting for the shippers tonight... why do i continue to hope?

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252

At least CC gave us several BIG HONKIN' KISSES!!!!!!!!!!!!! We also got a baby and everyone knows "first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage" OK, I know the marriage part was sort of left out but you get the point. All we need in our case is "Jack and Samantha sittin' in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g." If we could have even one kiss we'd all be happy campers. That's all we really ask. One kiss and I think we'd pretty much shut up. Except for the squee, of course!

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
                              At least CC gave us several BIG HONKIN' KISSES!!!!!!!!!!!!! We also got a baby and everyone knows "first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage" OK, I know the marriage part was sort of left out but you get the point. All we need in our case is "Jack and Samantha sittin' in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g." If we could have even one kiss we'd all be happy campers. That's all we really ask. One kiss and I think we'd pretty much shut up. Except for the squee, of course!
                              correct me if i'm wrong (i'm not btw ) but haven't we gotten several big honkin' kisses? and more. just no baby. and the baby thing wouldn't really fit into the show at this point so...

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                                correct me if i'm wrong (i'm not btw ) but haven't we gotten several big honkin' kisses? and more. just no baby. and the baby thing wouldn't really fit into the show at this point so...
                                I meant real kisses. No AU, no hallucination, no alternate timeline. Just Jack and Sam and serious smoochin'.

Comment

Working...
                                X