This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oma-1
    I asked Flo that question too cos I thought Shep is a v popular character. She said that it's hard to be a positive Shep fan and thunker cos the attitude on some shep threads is that "If you love him then you'd criticise him". Flo tries to find something good in each ep (- and manages it quite easily ) but has been given such a hard time over her positiveness its taken all the fun out of GW for her.
    Thunkers criticizing their fave character? Why? That seems to go against the purpose of thunking! You sure wouldn't see that on the RDA Thread!

Shep, Shep, Shep......watch me. I'll show you how to manage your fans.

I bow to your greatness, General. After all, you are "THE MAN."

'Course, I've never been able to manage Carter......

Comment

heya

just to say RL's not been kind, and I won't be around much for a while.

Suz
      xxxxx
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by florence
        PS : another thing... Try to keep the Shipper Family united. I know that when we decided to create the other Ship thread (only positive), I said it was a nice idea because that way, shippers would always have a place to go, whether they wanted to talk about Sam and Jack in a positive way, or to talk about what they didn't like in the show. At that time, I thought it was a great idea, because this thread was a little too down for my taste.

But, it seems that now these 2 threads have the same goal, and it could be a bit confusing for the new shippers who would join GW now. (Plus, it's not necessary IMO to 'bump' the thread. If it goes down on the 2nd page, it won't be the end of the world )

Just my opinion of course (and the opinion of someone who's leaving is not very important...), but I know this topic will probably be discussed some time later with the mods, like they did about the Weir threads.

Now, go, have fun and enjoy the Sam/Jack ship !
        Again, florence, I hope you'll reconsider and stay with us.....and I disagree that your opinion is not important. I've always gotten a lot out of your posts. But whether she stays or goes, florence makes a good point. Shippers need to stay united, to maintain any influence we might have in the Stargate universe. I am trying to visit both S/J threads, although I always go to this one first. But I wonder how many other S/J Shippers are out there on Yahoo, Intel, and all the other sites I don't even know about.....and how much influence we might have if we were united on a single site. Sigh.....

Florence, we will miss you --- enormously!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          heya

just to say RL's not been kind, and I won't be around much for a while.

Suz
          xxxxx
          Not you too! PM me, sweetie! Tell me all about it! I'll sympathize, and offer big sisterly advice!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            Thunkers criticizing their fave character? Why? That seems to go against the purpose of thunking! You sure wouldn't see that on the RDA Thread!

Shep, Shep, Shep......watch me. I'll show you how to manage your fans.

I bow to your greatness, General. After all, you are "THE MAN."

'Course, I've never been able to manage Carter......
            It's not us thunkers. Well, I don't think it is, I did miss several days in the JFT...
            It's mainly the S.T.A.K.S. people criticizing Sheppard's Kirking. I'm agains Kirking but I would never criticize a character. Well...maybe but that is different...

Hey Sam, Gwen's getting very OT. This thread is about us, not Sheppard!
            I know Jack. Maybe we should remind her...
            What do you have in mind?
            Well...

Did it work?
            Well considering she is passed out cold in a Shippy coma, and that Squeee we heard right before...yeah.
            Works every time.

Spoiler:
            Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by florence

PPS (it's very hard to leave you know ) : majorsal, I LOVE your idea for the end of the season. It's shippy, but not too overwhelming. It would make the shippers squeeeee all around the world, it wouldn't be too hard for the other fans, and it wouldn't take anything from the story. Very nice idea !
              can't green you
              thank you, florence!

don't goooooooooooo!!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                It's not us thunkers. Well, I don't think it is, I did miss several days in the JFT...
                It's mainly the S.T.A.K.S. people criticizing Sheppard's Kirking. I'm agains Kirking but I would never criticize a character. Well...maybe but that is different...
                Well, gee, Shep can't help it. It's like Jessica Rabbit always said, "I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way." If TPTB write him that way, poor ole Shep can't help it!

Come to think of it (and to stay OT), though, TPTB only kirked Jack once, right? In Brief Candle? I guess that's why we are all so devoted to Jack. He is a man of honor.....flawed, with dark places in his soul, but always honorable and true. Once he realized he was in love with Sam, no one else even attracted a passing glance.....

I think what it shows is that TPTB are lacking ideas, or trying to attract a younger crowd by shipping Shep with the babe of the week. Pretty lame! Poor Shep! All he really wants is Weir.....or Teyla......

Comment

Well, gee, Shep can't help it. It's like Jessica Rabbit always said, "I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way." If TPTB write him that way, poor ole Shep can't help it!
                  Yeah. I think they're like 'Oh we have a hot young star! Let's put him with a bunch of beautiful women!"

Come to think of it (and to stay OT), though, TPTB only kirked Jack once, right? In Brief Candle? I guess that's why we are all so devoted to Jack. He is a man of honor.....flawed, with dark places in his soul, but always honorable and true. Once he realized he was in love with Sam, no one else even attracted a passing glance.....
                  You forgot Laira and Kerry...

Spoiler:
                  Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

can we really consider laira and kerry kirking though? maybe laira in a way. no realy point to her storyline just to say that he was sort of settling there. but it wasn't very convincing. and it was kind of icky.

but kerry actually had a purpose. and it was a good one. to give jack a good kick in the backside and say "hey! just go for it FCOL!".
                    and it worked.

Comment

I think what it shows is that TPTB are lacking ideas, or trying to attract a younger crowd by shipping Shep with the babe of the week. Pretty lame! Poor Shep! All he really wants is Weir.....or Teyla......
                      I lurk in here sometimes, and love all your comments! I just had to say that STAKS is for all the characters! Earlier in the STAKS board we talked about the other characters kirking. It's just that Sheppard is the only one who has done it lately! We even talked about TPTB lacking ideas, trying to catch teenage boys, etc. It's not like we're Sheppard haters! In fact I love Sheppard, he's got a wonderful sense of humor! We're mainly just trying to make a fuss to show TPTB that we won't put up with kirking instead of character development!
                      Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                        You forgot Laira and Kerry...
                        Selective recall!

Besides, when he met Laira, Jack thought he was stranded on her planet and would never get home again. Also, that was before Jack realized he was in love with Sam.

When he dated Kerry, he thought he had lost Sam forever. By that time, he knew he loved Sam deeply....so he was just trying to get through the pain.

So, I don't think Jack was "kirked" in either instance. Both "relationships" were brought on by circumstances.

Remember:

+ = Always!

Comment

Great point sg-1fanintn.IMO Jack never Kirked.Jack was drugged with Kynthia and with Laira Jack thought he was stuck on the Planet forever.Jack is the one character TPTB did a good job with IMO.I think it helped that RDA was one of TPTB.It seems TPTB have no idea what to do with some for these character.A big issue is TPTB trying to reach out to the young Male Fan and I also think TPTB get there kicks from seeing the characters with the guest of the week.I get the idea TPTB love seeing Sam with someone.I never liked when a character was Kirking around.I could care less if it's been done many times.If two main characters have great chemistry like RDA and AT I want to see the characters together.

Comment

I just got finished watching Crusade. What a waste of a hour. Why would TPTB think I would want to spend a hour
                            Spoiler:
                            listening to Vala's boring tale.
                            I found my mind was drifting. They could have easily condensed the ep into one sentence
                            Spoiler:
                            "The Ori are comming!"
                            and not wasted my time.
                            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

i actually quite liked it. well as much as i could with my mind not really focusing on it. i found that
                              Spoiler:

vala was much better in this one. played down just enough. and i thought the opening sequence was so funny.

and sam was just adorable in this one, and they didn't put her in the background like i feared they would.

all we needed to make it better was Jack stoppin by to pick up the wife

anyway, i thought it was ok.

Comment

Yeah, they really didn't kirk Jack. He is a one woman man. I like Shep but they could lay off the kirking. But I don't ship him with anyone so I really don't care what he does. I just kinda take offense at the woman falling all over him. I guess he can't help it since he is a 'babe magnet'.
                                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X