This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    Hi Tracy.I would be shocked if it is Teryl or Corin.If I was TPTB I would promote RDA appearing like crazy.Good point about Claudia Black.TPTB will go all out in promoting the Vala character.
    hm, it's possible, but i believe if this true , i thinking RDA not in 200. epi
    . Why ? Only a wasting time in 200. epi with something like a in 901 and 902?
    This joke for me
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
      I think the reason Mitchell used that one was
      Spoiler:
      Egraine was fooled into thinking she was sleeping with her husband by magic. Vala could have been fooled into thinking she hadn't done the deed by the same means. And SG1 rarely mentions Christianity and don't think they've ever mentioned the Muslim or Jewish faiths. Since the show is about false religions, I don't think they want to go there.
      If this is true maybe Mitchell could cease and desist the grandma quotes.
      A show once based on mythology and legend should not get Arthur's origins wrong.
      sigpic
      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
        If this is true maybe Mitchell could cease and desist the grandma quotes.
        A show once based on mythology and legend should not get Arthur's origins wrong.
        I think that you have to remember that a lot of the mythology is very loose. The Asgard for example, are one race that grate. Why? Because Asgard is the place the gods dwell. The race is actually called the Aesir.

Stargate adapts mythology for its own purposes, it always has.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          I think that you have to remember that a lot of the mythology is very loose. The Asgard for example, are one race that grate. Why? Because Asgard is the place the gods dwell. The race is actually called the Aesir.

Stargate adapts mythology for its own purposes, it always has.
          I'm talking about
          Spoiler:
          a quote of Mitchell's on Crusade. He said he did some reading up on the subject but came out with the wrong information.
          sigpic
          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
            How will we get new members without guests. Weren't all of us guests at one point? Let's hope it's only temporary. We must be able to seduce new shippers our side of the Force. Speaking of which,
            Spoiler:
            I did laugh out loud when Teal'c responded with Darth Vader to Vala's question of the immaculate conception. The look on Sam's face was perfect. What I didn't understand, though is the King Arthur response from Mitchell. His Granny is the queen of the Baptists! Where did King Arthur come from? Maybe someone remembers Arthurian legend better than I do but I thought Merlin tricked Arthur's mother into thinking that Uther Pendragon was her husband. Her real husband had just been slain in battle with Pendragon's. After the deception resulted in conception, she married Uther and 9 months later we had Arthur. Don't see anything like Vala's situation in that. When to we get to Morgana and that whole squitchy thing?
            <sigh> Should have known - TIIC (formerly known as TPTB) couldn't be bothered to find out what the "immaculate conception" was. It's *not* a birth without sex. (The immaculate conception was Christ's mother Mary's conception and birth without her having the curse of original sin.)

If they're going to use it in the show, they should do the homework!
            - Mary
            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I agree that they take liberties with mythologies and geography. In Learning Curve Daniel says that Tenoctitlan was in south America. It was, in fact, just outside of Mexico City which is in North America. The Aztecs were strictly North American.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                <sigh> Should have known - TIIC (formerly known as TPTB) couldn't be bothered to find out what the "immaculate conception" was. It's *not* a birth without sex. (The immaculate conception was Christ's mother Mary's conception and birth without her having the curse of original sin.)

I know, this is something that really grates. The immaculate conception is a predominantly Catholic thing (perhaps why Mitchell would not have a clue canonically, but Sam is supposed to be Catholic) and you're right... it's not a virgin birth, that's something ALL Christians believe in, it's the idea that Mary herself was holy and free from sin (an argument I'm not going to get into here and now... I don't want to offend people).

But I've given up on TPTB being able to do their job competantly.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

But then we couldn't complain about that (no offense meant), and we'd put even more effort into yelling for SJ ship, less plot holes, and good team eps. and they can't have that now, can they?
                  Last edited by ParadoxRealities; 05 March 2006, 06:11 PM.
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                  Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

That was my slip, Buc, they never used the term. You are absolutely right and i misspoke. Sorry. What they did was bad enough but I can't let them take the rap for my blunder.

Comment

bump
                      sigpic

Comment

A Bump in the Night!
                        sigpic

Comment

bumpbumpitybumpbump bumpbump
                          sigpic

Comment

Reading "What Fate Decrees" by JackieONeill Nut. Pretty Good!
                            http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2376624/7/
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                              bumpbumpitybumpbump bumpbump
                              Ah Nell, I think you're thinking about something else!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
                                That was my slip, Buc, they never used the term. You are absolutely right and i misspoke. Sorry. What they did was bad enough but I can't let them take the rap for my blunder.

Oops! Okay, scratch that particular rant at TIIC. <blush>

But then, there are *so* many other things we can rant about, I don't feel *too* bad. <vbEEg>
                                - Mary
                                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Working...
                                X