This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MirthMistress
    Wow, has anyone else had to go 'round their elbow to get into the forum? I got a "please login" screen I'd never seen before and the format was different. I liked the different format because our ship forum was right at the top of a separate box with visited threads and all the others were segregated into another field. Much faster access. It said that the site has been overwhelmed the last couple of days and I believe it. Friday night, yesterday afternoon and last night I couldn't get on or even refresh what was already on the screen. Weird.

As for the reasons, I think we're at 9?
    9) Because intelligence and experience are danged sexy
    Greg said he had to disable guest viewing because the number of lurkers was slowing things down and causing server issues. Now to see most of the forum, you have to log in. I would guess when he did that, it logged us all out and the new screen comes up now.

Comment

How will we get new members without guests. Weren't all of us guests at one point? Let's hope it's only temporary. We must be able to seduce new shippers our side of the Force. Speaking of which,
      Spoiler:
      I did laugh out loud when Teal'c responded with Darth Vader to Vala's question of the immaculate conception. The look on Sam's face was perfect. What I didn't understand, though is the King Arthur response from Mitchell. His Granny is the queen of the Baptists! Where did King Arthur come from? Maybe someone remembers Arthurian legend better than I do but I thought Merlin tricked Arthur's mother into thinking that Uther Pendragon was her husband. Her real husband had just been slain in battle with Pendragon's. After the deception resulted in conception, she married Uther and 9 months later we had Arthur. Don't see anything like Vala's situation in that. When to we get to Morgana and that whole squitchy thing?
      I think the reason Mitchell used that one was
      Spoiler:
      Egraine was fooled into thinking she was sleeping with her husband by magic. Vala could have been fooled into thinking she hadn't done the deed by the same means. And SG1 rarely mentions Christianity and don't think they've ever mentioned the Muslim or Jewish faiths. Since the show is about false religions, I don't think they want to go there.

Comment

How will we get new members without guests. Weren't all of us guests at one point? Let's hope it's only temporary. We must be able to seduce new shippers our side of the Force.
        Don't worry, we have new members coming out our ears. Check Greg's thread in the General's office and glance at the "newest member" on the homepage. I swear it changges every time you refresh.
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
          I think the reason Mitchell used that one was
          Spoiler:
          Egraine was fooled into thinking she was sleeping with her husband by magic. Vala could have been fooled into thinking she hadn't done the deed by the same means. And SG1 rarely mentions Christianity and don't think they've ever mentioned the Muslim or Jewish faiths. Since the show is about false religions, I don't think they want to go there.
          I completely agree with the
          Spoiler:
          Earth religion part. They've skirted all that quite effectively over the past 9 years. And with very good reason. I just was amazed that Mitchell could come up with the Arthur thing. I'd never considered that Vala had been tricked into thinking she'd not "known" anyone. That is a good observation. Has he been doing homework to brush up on all this? If so, then he has risen slightly in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
            Originally Posted by majorsal
            our revised list.

1 - because richard dean anderson and amanda tapping have WONDERFUL chemistry together!

2 - because sam and jack are both lost souls, who compliment each other and complete each other.

3 - Because they look so good together!

from 'sg1poz'
            4 - Because TPTB showed us from the beginning, that they are hopelessly in love and true Soulmates!

from ParadoxRealities
            5 - Because I think everyone who ships for them wants a relationship like the one they have.

6 - Because you can't get any cuter than that. (pic credit: zuz)

from 'killermercury'
            7 - Because even in alternate realities, destiny's somehow put them together!

sally
            Because even when they were not intentionally including shippy scenes, some scenes still had a shippy "air". The show itself was working with them (tptb) to progress the S/J ship.
            Wish I could have found a good pic for this but oh well - The way they make each other grin.
            sigpic
            Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Oh and just thought i'd let you know... I MANAGED TO DOWNLOAD SNY'S 'INTERLUDE'.

WOOOOOO HOOOOO! (anyone who helped me out the other day in my sorrowful hours knows what i'm talking about)

it took ages to download again but oh dear god it was SO worth it!!!!

I can't stop watching it now (oh and i've been watching SNY's 'Desire' one again. Its pure genius!!!)

I HIGHLY reccommmend downloading 'Interlude'.
              Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
              Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
              Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

Originally posted by Majorsal
                1 - because richard dean anderson and amanda tapping have WONDERFUL chemistry together!

2 - because sam and jack are both lost souls, who compliment each other and complete each other.

3 - Because they look so good together!

from 'sg1poz'
                4 - Because TPTB showed us from the beginning, that they are hopelessly in love and true Soulmates!

from ParadoxRealities
                5 - Because I think everyone who ships for them wants a relationship like the one they have.

6 - Because you can't get any cuter than that. (pic credit: zuz)

from 'killermercury'
                7 - Because even in alternate realities, destiny's somehow put them together!

i love the Sam & Jack relationship because they are the epitome of true love.

its not like in some TV shows where they meet, fall in love and get together straight away. With Sam & Jack, their love has lasted for 9 years EVEN though they are not together. A lot of people, when they fall for someone, if they can't have them, dismiss it after a while and move on... Sam & Jack didn't. Okay so there were the few flings, (but i won't name names as they upset me, lol), but even still, they realised that they were meant to be together (as seen in 'Threads')

Their love has lasted over 9 years and is stronger still. They would die for each other.They really are the prefect couple.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeSG-1
                  Wish I could have found a good pic for this but oh well - The way they make each other grin.
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                  Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    sh*t. there goes the plan...

go back and read my reasons for creating another thread, tame. (the one just before yours)

sally
                    LOL ((((((((Sally))))))))) ...foiled again

I do understand and you know I want TPTB to see that they screwed up ROYALLY by not just addressing Sam & Jack head on since they are the ones who created the *Ship* in the first place

I will keep this in mind when we are working on the S&J Ship threads ok??? For the most part S&J are the only ones right now that have two threads versus all the other ships having just the one. SO trust me when I say when a THIRD one popped up we were NOTIFIED in QUANTITY or at least I was...LOL I do PROMISE to keep all of the reasons you have stated up front and center when we review and hopefully we will be able to make every one happy.
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                      You're the best! Thanks. ((((ParadoxRealities))))
                      sigpic
                      Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter
                        Oh and just thought i'd let you know... I MANAGED TO DOWNLOAD SNY'S 'INTERLUDE'.

WOOOOOO HOOOOO! (anyone who helped me out the other day in my sorrowful hours knows what i'm talking about)

it took ages to download again but oh dear god it was SO worth it!!!!

I can't stop watching it now (oh and i've been watching SNY's 'Desire' one again. Its pure genius!!!)

I HIGHLY reccommmend downloading 'Interlude'.
                        YAY!! It worked!

I thought Interlude was wonderful!!! I loved it. I have to say Interlude and Desire are my favorites. Desire almost had me crying, it was so powerful!

Hmm. I might make 700 posts today!

Spoiler:
                        Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                          The Brothers Grimm Repo thing actually refers to 3 different things. The Brothers Grimm were fairytale writers. The Grim Repo is a pun on the Grim Reaper (ie Death). Over in the US, the repo men repossess the property of people who owe money. The UK equivalent is the bailiffs. I don't know what they are called in the rest of the world.

Hope that made some kind of sense.

Gee I've been trying to answer and thank you for the explanation but I kept having problems. Well anyway thank for the answer, I got the Brothers Grimm reference (that was eassy) but not her others, but now I get it. Trouble with foreing languages
                          Thanks again

No Jack=No Way
                          No Jack= No Way

Comment

this scene pretty much speaks for itself huh?

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                              YAY!! It worked!

I thought Interlude was wonderful!!! I loved it. I have to say Interlude and Desire are my favorites. Desire almost had me crying, it was so powerful!

*sniff* I can't hear any sound from my "puter" since I reloaded win XP last week It worked before the reload but now it says no sound /audio device found.*sniff* I can't watch my vids or anything else! I miss (with sound) my Sam and Jack vids.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                                YAY!! It worked!

i know! 'Desire' is such a powerful video. If i had never seen Stargate and i saw that video i would be hooked on stargate just from that. SNY should DEFINATELY send her videos to the Stargate producers, she'd be amazing at creating the trailers for them!

Comment

Working...
                                X