This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buc252
    A couple of times "Joe" went out of his way to say that Jonas was just "okay," but that he was no Daniel, and he was thrilled when Daniel came back (and Jonas left). It totally stunk, and was lower than low in my book.
    Well, as much as I liked Jonas, Joe's reaction fit with canon. Jack was very upset at Daniel's death and Jonas' people had something to do with it. It took a long time for Jack to warm up to him. Joe was experiencing Jack's feelings. It would make sense that Joe wouldn't feel the same about Jonas as he did Daniel. Jack didn't feel the same way.

I just wish they'd let Joe finish what he wanted to say to Sam. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
      Well, as much as I liked Jonas, Joe's reaction fit with canon. Jack was very upset at Daniel's death and Jonas' people had something to do with it. It took a long time for Jack to warm up to him. Joe was experiencing Jack's feelings. It would make sense that Joe wouldn't feel the same about Jonas as he did Daniel. Jack didn't feel the same way.

I just wish they'd let Joe finish what he wanted to say to Sam. *sigh*
      Great observation MeiMei. I hadn't thought of that but it makes perfect sense.

Comment

There is a poll on who should be leader of SG-1. Please voice your opinion!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24329
        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

OK I just finished watching Citizen Joe What he said was that he was glad Daniel was back, not that Jonas wansn't great, but with all they'd been through he was glad they were back together. That doesn't seem anti-Jonas to me. Did anyone else notice the name of the company that took away his things when the house was forclosed? "Brothers Grim Repo"! Talk about mixing metaphors. HA! I loved it. Those are the moments I miss. They didn't take themselves too seriously. And of course, Jack the honeypie. Or should I say cake?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
            There is a poll on who should be leader of SG-1. Please voice your opinion!
            Link, please?

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
              A couple of times "Joe" went out of his way to say that Jonas was just "okay," but that he was no Daniel, and he was thrilled when Daniel came back (and Jonas left). It totally stunk, and was lower than low in my book.
              I liked Jonas too. I probably don't remember the comments because I bored thru most of CJ.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
                Link, please?
                Sorry, link is
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24329

Rogue

Comment

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!!!!! Carter's sooooo kickin' his butt!!!! 67%. Didn't read all of the posts but our own Minigeek put up quite a compelling argument. It's on the first page near the top. I'ts worth the read.

Time for night night here. See you all later.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    I miss Jack, and I am sick of people telling me to 'get over it...love thy vala'
                    I know, I hate the Vala. She just annoys me so very much.

I miss all the original characters that they're trying to replace.
                    Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                    Sparkiest Little Spanker

Pencil Breaker and proud of it!

Comment

Jack: Hey you!!!! yes, you... Nell you reached 2000 and you didn't tell me..

Sam: And Jack are you planning on doing something?

Jack: Of course... C'mere Nell

Sam: Daniel, he still thinks he is single!!!! Jack!!! that's not what I meant, the shippers celebration... you know... in honor of all shippers...
                      Jack: Yes of course...

Sam: Much better....
                      Jack: Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Congratulations Nell on 2000 Shipper Post!!!!

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                        I forgot that TPTB put those words in Joe's mouth!! I don't like that either. Jonas was smart, energetic, refreshing, honest, loyal and true. I thought he was cute, too!!!
                        and a heck of a lot less controversial than mitchellthemagnificent and valatheimpaler.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
                          OK I just finished watching Citizen Joe What he said was that he was glad Daniel was back, not that Jonas wansn't great, but with all they'd been through he was glad they were back together. That doesn't seem anti-Jonas to me. Did anyone else notice the name of the company that took away his things when the house was forclosed? "Brothers Grim Repo"! Talk about mixing metaphors. HA! I loved it. Those are the moments I miss. They didn't take themselves too seriously. And of course, Jack the honeypie. Or should I say cake?
                          That's pretty much how I understood CJ at the time, bearing in mind the fan reaction to the departure of Daniel for the duration of season 6. I liked Jonas precisely because he was different from Daniel. And yes, I did notice the 'Grim Repo thing and enjoyed it. My husband still points it out every time we watch the episode.
                          always and forever
                          My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                          My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                            That's pretty much how I understood CJ at the time, bearing in mind the fan reaction to the departure of Daniel for the duration of season 6. I liked Jonas precisely because he was different from Daniel. And yes, I did notice the 'Grim Repo thing and enjoyed it. My husband still points it out every time we watch the episode.

what i loved about that episode was the fact that it was as if Joe was an incorporation of the fans. The way he got excited about Daniel coming back and talking about the missions like we talk about the episodes on the forums. I especially liked how he talked about the shippyness!!!
                            Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
                            Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
                            Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter
                              what i loved about that episode was the fact that it was as if Joe was an incorporation of the fans. The way he got excited about Daniel coming back and talking about the missions like we talk about the episodes on the forums. I especially liked how he talked about the shippyness!!!
                              I think that everyone on the thread would agree with that last bit!
                              always and forever
                              My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                              My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                                I think that everyone on the thread would agree with that last bit!

lol, i know, he he

i also loved the bit about the stories being rejected

DANIEL: Maybe he was getting most of it from when Jack was writing his reports right here on the base. The stone was being stored just a few levels above.
                                JOE: That’s why the stories were so easy to write. It was like someone else had done most of the work for me!
                                O’NEILL: And you say they all got rejected?
                                (Joe nods. Jack looks hurt.)

so sweet and yet so funny.

and when Jack says to Joe, "You got game son!" about his bowling, that has me rolf every time. And its such a Homer thing to do.

Oh that makes me laugh too, the Simpsons references. "I can totally see the analogy... Burns as Goa'uld"!!!!
                                Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
                                Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
                                Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

Working...
                                X