This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue
    They don't get it. Its not about what the Sam/Jacks do in the other universes. Our universe is the only one that matters. And our Sam
    Spoiler:
    nearly kissed Martouf.
    It's funny, I've always loved the eps with the alternate realities, especially after you find out that Sam and Jack were together in some but I never really thought about what you said. I've always thought as the AR Sam and Jack being our Sam and Jack. You make an excellent point. It doesn't matter what the other Sam/Jacks do because their different people they look exactly the same but they are different. Maybe they were trying to distract us with the fact that Jack
    Spoiler:
    kissed one Sam. But not the right one. HELLO!! We want Jack to kiss the right one!! The one that he's been working with for nearly a decade!! And we definetly don't want the right Sam to kiss the wrong guy! And it wasn't even her Martouf, totally different Martouf! AGH! Trying to work it all out is causing my head to explode!!

Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

I've Been SPANKed by the Love Monkey!!

Comment

Originally posted by Toll Verliebt
      It's funny, I've always loved the eps with the alternate realities, especially after you find out that Sam and Jack were together in some but I never really thought about what you said. I've always thought as the AR Sam and Jack being our Sam and Jack. You make an excellent point. It doesn't matter what the other Sam/Jacks do because their different people they look exactly the same but they are different. Maybe they were trying to distract us with the fact that Jack
      Spoiler:
      kissed one Sam. But not the right one. HELLO!! We want Jack to kiss the right one!! The one that he's been working with for nearly a decade!! And we definetly don't want the right Sam to kiss the wrong guy! And it wasn't even her Martouf, totally different Martouf! AGH! Trying to work it all out is causing my head to explode!!
      I always found comfort in the fact that Sam/Jack always got together in the other universes. The time was never right for our J/S to get together because the SG-1 team of Col O'Neill, Major Carter, Dr. Jackson and Teal'c were the key reason why our earth wasn't destoyed. But I always figured that after it was all said and done, they would get together. I also enjoy the AU eps but at this point I am really tired of seeing other Sam/Jack getting on with their lives. Besides the
      Spoiler:
      near kiss, I hated that they were so vague with the honeymoon and maturnity leave. At this point is the vaguness really necessary? Martouf was ready to tell Sam who she was with now and of course they were interupted.
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I agree Rogue, through the years the AR episodes I think were a way for TPTB to give us what we wanted when they couldn't because of the regs, and the vagueness probably also helped in keeping our spirits alive although I always hated it; but with the amount of time that RDA has put into Season 9 why is it important that he be head of Homeland Security, if he is? Don't get me wrong I wanted Jack to be kept alive through conversations and characters, mostly Sam mentioning him time and again but they still haven't mentioned him even in episodes that one would think the head of Homeworld Security would be involved in; so, why not just have Jack retired and starting his relationship with Sam. I mean if they wanted to keep Jack an important character and keep him alive, why haven't they done that? Honestly, if it is going to be this hard to even get RDA in AN episode why still the cloak and dagger bit? In doing so, they have destroyed what little they gave us in Threads, and yes I mean LITTLE since I am from the school of Threads only brought us back to where we were.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter
          oh i loved that
          Spoiler:
          miniaturisation
          thing. i laughed so much. you thought he was gonna come up with something really clever and then... that!!!

I loved it when
          Spoiler:
          Sam & Daniel started poking each other
          . So funny!

Spoiler:
          Vala's back next week
          , i wish they'd bring Jack back!!!!
          lol! Yeah me too it was great I love Dr.Lee The poking thing was fun too

Oh I had forgot about
          Spoiler:
          Vala coming back! From what i've read about this storyline it sounds pretty lame but i'll wait and see it before I start moaning too much
          I wish they would send Jack back too!
          I got my Season 8 boxset today and its sad thinking that it will probably be the last SG boxset I buy

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

I mean lets face it if they wait much longer everyone new will be asking "Who's Jack"? (Boy, that hurt even to type it)

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
              I have a little one, on a 3" x 5" picture, but not an 8x10.

I have to admit, I'm surprised at how many people here are enamoured of Citizen Joe despite how insulting it was to Jonas. Guess I must be the only S/J shipper who's also a Jonas fan. <sigh>
              Could you just remind me what was in Citizen Joe that was insulting to Jonas 'cause I loved him but I don't remember anything bad being said about him in it..

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                I mean lets face it if they wait much longer everyone new will be asking "Who's Jack"? (Boy, that hurt even to type it)
                Yeah you're right. But the impression I have got from Season 9 so far I think TPTB are concentrating on the new fans brought in by Ben Browder and Claudia Black. There hasn't really been much in there to keep the old fans happy....no Sam/Jack ship and very, very miniscule mentions of Jack. Its not enough they have had plenty of oppourtunities to bring Jack into conversations I noticed in 'The Scourge [spoiler] when the made a point of having Woolsey say he was going back to Washington I got excited because I thought they would at least have one of SG-1 saying 'Oh Say Hi to Jack for me' or something but they didn't [/spoilers] Its like they are going more out of their way to avoid Jack rather than just pop a few mentions in. Do they really think its enough just letting us hear people say 'General O'Neill' the least we could have is a bit of a conversation about what he is up to!

Sorry...bit of a rant there. I miss Jack so much.

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Welcome, Devoe2000. Your english is just fine. I'm sure it's much better than my whatever is your primary language. That's one of the huge drawbacks to the US educational system. They forget that the rest of the world speaks other languages and we have to wait until we're teenagers before we get foreign language classes. Keep up the posts and we're glad to have you.

Comment

I read a good fic the other day http://gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/23/thefringers.html . It's not S/J centered although they are involved but it's about an interaction between Maj. Davis and Janet. I always liked him. Where is he this season? Off with Jack in nowheresville. Anyway, it's a good story.

Comment

I agree Rogue, through the years the AR episodes I think were a way for TPTB to give us what we wanted when they couldn't because of the regs, and the vagueness probably also helped in keeping our spirits alive although I always hated it; but with the amount of time that RDA has put into Season 9 why is it important that he be head of Homeland Security, if he is? Don't get me wrong I wanted Jack to be kept alive through conversations and characters, mostly Sam mentioning him time and again but they still haven't mentioned him even in episodes that one would think the head of Homeworld Security would be involved in; so, why not just have Jack retired and starting his relationship with Sam. I mean if they wanted to keep Jack an important character and keep him alive, why haven't they done that? Honestly, if it is going to be this hard to even get RDA in AN episode why still the cloak and dagger bit? In doing so, they have destroyed what little they gave us in Threads, and yes I mean LITTLE since I am from the school of Threads only brought us back to where we were.
                      Nickatell, I am also from the "Thread only brought us back to where we were" camp only because they have not followed thru with the story. Threads shouldn't be the end, but the beginning. Sam finally "opened the door" she shut back in D&C. The big problem I have with the
                      Spoiler:
                      near kiss is that it makes Sam once again look wishy washy about her feelings. Threads was about her opening the door and embracing her feelings for Jack. From the RC article it sounds like the only reason for the near kiss was for a laugh. I didn't laugh.
                      Last edited by Rogue; 01 March 2006, 11:30 AM.
                      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
                        Welcome, Devoe2000. Your english is just fine. I'm sure it's much better than my whatever is your primary language. That's one of the huge drawbacks to the US educational system. They forget that the rest of the world speaks other languages and we have to wait until we're teenagers before we get foreign language classes. Keep up the posts and we're glad to have you.
                        Thanks for the welcome from all of you.

I'll try to keep posting but this thread grows everyday and it is difficult to keep at speed. But it always has kept my J&S heart warm. Even in Spanish (my first language) Sam and JAck are mean to be together we are getting to Threads this week (hope to see the long version) But I already have the DVDs so if they choose the short version I wont complain too much What the heck!!! Yeah I will complain

No Jack=No Way
                        & forever
                        No Jack= No Way

Comment

Originally posted by Devoe2000
                          Thanks for the welcome from all of you.

I'll try to keep posting but this thread grows everyday and it is difficult to keep at speed. But it always has kept my J&S heart warm. Even in Spanish (my first language) Sam and JAck are mean to be together we are getting to Threads this week (hope to see the long version) But I already have the DVDs so if they choose the short version I wont complain too much What the heck!!! Yeah I will complain

No Jack=No Way
                          & forever
                          Mucho gusto a conocerla(le)? Dang those gender languages! Bienvenidos

Comment

Originally posted by Devoe2000
                            Hi,

New here but want to answer, for me that is the point this is not our universe,
                            Spoiler:
                            they didn't get back from Egypt, our SG1 dies so TPTB can do whatever they want.

IN OUR UNIVERSE Jack and Sam are together, so we saw at the end of Threads.

Teresa

Hello everyone btw. I've been lurking here for a while first time I post (I just have a moment) but I've been enjoying this forum since I found it a while back, when SG1 was SG1. It is one of the few places I can go to enjoy JAck and Sam so here I came again and again. I don't know if I'll have another moment soon because it is difficult for to express myself in English but I'll try.

No Jack=No Way
                            Tu Ingles es muy bien mi amiga! Welcome!

I agree with what you said. (I put one piece of your sentence in "spoiler tags" which Darren wants us to do when talking about season 8 and season 9 episodes since not everyone has had a chance to see them yet). S8 Moebius/S9
                            Spoiler:
                            I know it's how I explain the crazy things that they have done to the characters and show in season 9. The powers that be said they intended to make a new show and they have certainly done that, but it seems to be at the cost of turning the original characters into cariactures of their former selves. But yes, for me too, "our" team, the original timeline we'd be following for 8 years - it ended with the last show of season 8. And even Jack acknowledged the difference saying "it was close enough." Meaning it wasn't the same....

Guess that explains Sam's kissing Martouf and a couple other things, hmmm??
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                              Tu Ingles es muy bien mi amiga! Welcome!

I agree with what you said. (I put one piece of your sentence in "spoiler tags" which Darren wants us to do when talking about season 8 and season 9 episodes since not everyone has had a chance to see them yet). S8 Moebius/S9 [spoil]I know it's how I explain the crazy things that they have done to the characters and show in season 9. The powers that be said they intended to make a new show and they have certainly done that, but it seems to be at the cost of turning the original characters into cariactures of their former selves. But yes, for me too, "our" team, the original timeline we'd be following for 8 years - it ended with the last show of season 8. And even Jack acknowledged the difference saying "it was close enough." Meaning it wasn't the same....

Guess that explains Sam's kissing Martouf and a couple other things, hmmm??[/spoiler]

Spoiler:
                              I hate that they killed off the original SG-1! I thought that the whole idea of them living everything in the exact same way was ridiculous. IMO they would've made different decisions no matter what. Really the only things I liked about Moebius was the kiss and Sam's expressions. She played her character so perfectly. The part where Jack calls her hot gets me every single time. I didn't like the storyline and if it weren't for RDA I probably wouldn't watch it at all.

Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

I've Been SPANKed by the Love Monkey!!

Comment

*dies*

Oh, my Lord, if that day ever comes I will have an attack and die of RDA withdrawels (sp?), because I am a complete and utterly hopeless Jackaholic.
                                Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                                Sparkiest Little Spanker

Pencil Breaker and proud of it!

Comment

Working...
                                X