This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nell

Yes, Mr. President, her "memory" will no longer pose a threat to the Shipper Thread.
    Dial up the Gate!!!
    mmphf sspt crxr pmpqrt!!!!! SOS!!!
    Her posting is a little off as well! *cackle*

Too funny! The quote got outside the post and it keeps making the quote by the person quoting it! Talk about voices! *cackle*

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
      Her posting is a little off as well! *cackle*
      LOL!!! meimei, I was referring to me, me, me!!! I kinda twisted the essence of an interview about Ripple Effect!! **shrugs shoulders and blushes**
      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Gatetrixer]
        Originally posted by MirthMistress

Good, because I'm looking for a fic I read quite a while back. I'm pretty sure it was adult. The whole team is stranded on a planet and live with the friendly inhabitants. It is a very hot, tropical, sunny place and Sam gets burnt badly before she is careful about it (gets a native remedy). There're predators in the nearby jungle so everyone has to travel before dark. And when they aren't careful about starting back to the village....... If I say anymore it will give the plot (there is sort of one) away. Anyway, author or title, please, if you know.
        I vaguely remember a story like that , it may be Tatoo you by Aeryn
        http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/helio2...6/tatooyou.php is has 9 parts.

Comment

[QUOTE=jafacakes]
          Originally posted by Gatetrixer

I vaguely remember a story like that , it may be Tatoo you by Aeryn
          http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/helio2...6/tatooyou.php is has 9 parts.
          I remember the story, too. After glancing at your suggestion, I do believe that you are correct with the Tatoo series.

Comment

I read how initial shooting for season 10 has started. Out of curiosity, was it settled that there would in fact even BE a season 10 before the shooting wrap of season 9? If not, it will be very interesting to see how the show might have ended forever with Camelot. It's not a two part cliff hanger so this could have been the end. Let me know if my timeline is off.

Also, does anyone else think that the whole Arthurian legend storyline lacks cohesiveness and continuity? So, what, they have a sword in a stone, a knight and then bupkis for 7 or 8 epis and we're supposed to remember that the ori are Lancelot on a binge? Beats me.
            Yes. There was a decision on S10 before filming for S9 ended. Also, I hate the Arthurian storyline. Every Earth legend can't be tied to the Stargate. The Egyptian one made perfect sense. The Atlantis legend was well-written, and The Lost City was alluded to for some time before we found it. But the Arthurian idea seemed like a last-minute, thrown together idea. Plus, the stories have just been silly and unimaginative.

Now, to be on-topic: If they'd had Sam & Jack to work with (or if RDA and Michael Greenburg were still in charge), they wouldn't have had to re-invent the wheel!

Comment

I agree with Cooper about the gift concept. Several of the epis have seemed that way to me: 1969, Urgo, WOO, and Citizen Joe. They all had humor and inside joke written all over them. RE could also be viewed in that light except for one unfortunate scene that left shippers aghast, confused and with feelings of betrayal. Remove that and all in all it was an enjoyable epi. Let's hope that no harm was really meant by it and it was an unfortunate misunderstanding. Doubtful but perhaps possible.
              Personally, I found Citizen Joe extremely, extremely insulting, both to myself, to the shippers *and* to the Jonas fans. If nothing else, this episode made my dislike for JM and RC grow tenfold.
              - Mary
              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Toll Verliebt
                *coughs loudly and unattractively*

I actually didn't find very many parts of RE very humorous (I was looking to hard for S/J, I think) maybe I [I]giggled[I] but I didn't break down in tears and laugh till my tummy hurt like I did in WoO. They just can't do the funny thing without my Jack--Sam's Jack--sorry.

Though, it was a gift to the fans because we got to see Janet again (my sister went ballistic and was clinging to my arm most of the time, she took her death hard.) I wasn't very happy to see Marty because I've never liked Marty. EVER.
                A gift to the fans, but cow poo to the shippers
                Couldn't agree more. The word I use for Martouf is "smarmy". I think its just because his grin gives me the creeps - seems fake to me. Or maybe its cos he keeps hitting on Sam every time we see him. Couldn't stand Narim either - too obsessive. Anybody else see a pattern here?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Presley_Carter
                  Can the shippers out there help me please? I read a fan fic a wile ago where Sam And Jack are on holidays at a beach house - Sam dances to "You Can Leave Your Hat On" and a very...interesting body shot scene was involved...if you know this fic or wrote it can you please pm the link - I think posting the link would break the PG 13 rule. Many thanks!!!!
                  I think the one you're thinking of is called Body Heat by Malinne. It can be found here: http://sjnc17.stargate-brats.net/viewstory.php?sid=207. Warning definitely NC-17.
                  sigpic
                  Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by CountryJoy
                    Squeeee!!! I had a shippy dream last night! Don't worry -- it was like, only rated G. (LOL) It was very fluffy and out-of-character. Downright corny, really, but I woke up with a huge smile anyway!

I think there was a plot to the dream, but I can’t remember what it might have been. All I remember is the “ending”, I guess. It took place on another planet or maybe a spaceship. There was a huge assembly of people/aliens of many races and they were nearing the end of a special ceremony honoring Sam and Jack for saving their butts from something. Apparently several people from each race had taken a moment to give a speech. I remember an Asgard concluded the final speech and the whole crowd erupted in applause. Sam and Jack were seated in the middle of a stage-like place, grinning sheepishly at everyone for the praise they were receiving.

Jack suddenly turned toward Sam and said, “Carter! I’m in love!”

Sam turned to him with a confused expression. “What?! Sorry, Sir, I couldn’t hear you!”

Jack looked determined to make her understand. “Carter, I’m in love with you!”

Sam grinned hugely. “I know, Sir!”

Jack’s expression said this wasn’t quite the response he was expecting. He stood from his seat, walked two steps to his left, and kneeled down beside the right arm of Sam’s chair, bones creaking all the way down. He grimaced slightly when his knees made contact with the floor.

Sam gasped with the realization of what he was probably about to do.

I noticed the crowd had gone silent.

Jack took Sam’s right hand in both of his. “Sam…marry me,” he breathed.

Sam’s jaw dropped and her eyebrows flew up. She searched his eyes and her expression ever so slowly changed. The shock gradually gave way to a truly contented, genuine smile. She replied, with a hitch in her voice, “Yes, Sir.”

The two beamed at each other. Sam instigated a liplock.

The assembly whooped and cheered while Sam and Jack remained blissfully oblivious, making out like teenagers.

And my alarm clock beeped.
                    Sigh. I don't know whether to be happy that you had such a great shippy dream.....or disgusted that your dream is better than this year's actual episodes! Tee-hee!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                      In the Stargate magazine each episode has a spoiler and then comments from RCCooper. Here's what he said about RE: This episode is a love letter to fans. We try and do one of these every year. There's always an episode that really rewards the fans that have been watching the show for nine years now. Citizen Joe was like last year. If you haven't watched the show before and you watched Citizen Joe you'd be like "Huh?" You wouldn't get any of the jokes. Ripple Effect is like that, all about the past coming back. Seeing the past and how it affects our new characters is a lot of fun, too. JM did a great job writing that episode and I think it will be, for long-term fans of the show, a favorite. (Then describes his favorite humorous scene from RE) There's one shot where
                      Spoiler:
                      Martouf and Carter are about to kiss and we pan down and the Asgard
                      is standing right between them looking up. It's priceless.

Nothing there about Sam's feelings re Martouf. Will read more.
                      that's rcc's fave part?

why does this not surprise me?

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                        You're right!! Well, it looks like I got this interview segment about Martouf and Sam mixed up with something else I read. Sorry!! **slaps forehead to clear the cobwebs** Stupid memory!! **Yes, Mr. President, this Shipper has gone off the deep end!!**

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                          I'd be in big trouble it there were! You just have to post sufficient warning about the ratings.

MeiMei, ahem (coughs delicately and gently), pardon me but I seem to have finished them. All of them. Well, (glances self-consciously about the room) I was just wondering if you were planning some more. Ma'am. Please. Thank you. Just....wondering.......you know......curious.......that's all. Hoping. Your wordship.

Comment

Time for nighty night. Catch you all later.

Comment

I had a convo with my hubby today that I thought might be of interest ....

He's currently doing a module in his Theology degree that deals with the way media portrays / imitate / is inspired by religion and he was explaining that some students have written their thesis on Matrix and Christianity. So, of course, the first reply that springs to my mind is "Cool. So you can do your thesis on Stargate!" I was struggling on how to bring the S/J ship element in until I just now noticed one of his books sat by the computer - Ethics- and hey presto, reminded me of a pic I did ages ago! I could do a whole thesis on S&J Ethics

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                Yes. There was a decision on S10 before filming for S9 ended. Also, I hate the Arthurian storyline. Every Earth legend can't be tied to the Stargate. The Egyptian one made perfect sense. The Atlantis legend was well-written, and The Lost City was alluded to for some time before we found it. But the Arthurian idea seemed like a last-minute, thrown together idea. Plus, the stories have just been silly and unimaginative.

Now, to be on-topic: If they'd had Sam & Jack to work with (or if RDA and Michael Greenburg were still in charge), they wouldn't have had to re-invent the wheel!
                                TN - were you me in a previous life?! We think too much alike

Does anyone know where this Arthurian storyline is supposed to go? I've not had chance to read up on the stories this season like I usually do so I'm completely in the dark. Was Merlin or Arthur supposed to be a goa'uld? An Ori? An Ancient? Is Camelot another Ancient city or an Ori city or what??? Does Arthur's Mantle answer of these questions or are we gonna be left with a non-conclusive, pick your own ending sort of idea again?

I am so behind the times this season it's unreal
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X