This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    I'am just glad I stopped watching the show otherwise I would really be upset.I just Love how TPTB kept the Jack Character very much alive.I guess it was just a line TPTB threw out to get Sam/Jack Shippers to keep watching.I wonder if there will be any mention of Jack in the last two episodes of the Season.With
    Spoiler:
    Vala being back it's doubtful.We all know how TPTB Love to make Vala the center of attention.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific Jack
      I think this does make sense. People are getting more and more irritable as S9 progresses. Most everyone expected at least some Sam and Jack references throughout the season. But, instead of getting any positive subtle follow-ups from "Threads" we are getting mostly negative ones. I know that many are compensating with fanfic and other forms of mental reinforcement, but its whats on the screen that counts. You are right to expect a physical resolution to this relationship, if for no other reason than to eleviate the exhaustion many of us are feeling and to conclude a story that they started that attracted so much fan involvement. However, I think it will be ended to everyones satisfaction IF RDA comes back. It could be that the producers are going to spring a surprise next season and haven't revealed it yet. Lets hope so.

Jack
      Yes, I am expecting a surprise next season. We were, after all, surprised with the pivotal episode Threads. TPTB can surprise us again when RDA returns. I'm telling you, he will!!!

Presently, RDA is not, um, present.
      Spoiler:
      So TPTB, for reasons known only to them, have decided that it will not work for the development of this season's team to interject references of Jack. I DISAGREE!!

But, I am counting on RDA to return for at least the 200th anniversary episode. He's that kind of guy. TPTB want ratings. A Win-Win situation.

In the meantime, TPTB are writing episodes that delve into the working relationships of the Team. No one's personal life is being developed outside of the brief Landry-Lam father/daughter conflict. I bet when Sam and Daniel share lunch together or see each other off the base, they talk about personal matters. Like Jack. And Sam and Jack. And Sam and Jack dating. Yadda yadda yadda.

Hey, we got a big, honkin' clue about Sam's personal life when she replied to Barrett"s, "so you're single again?" with the squeeable "Not exactly." JACK.CANON.JACK.CANON!!!

OK, just so you don't think I'm completely delusional and in denial. I don't like that TPTB aren't weaving some minimal Ship in scenes where it would be congruent with the scene. So, yes, I fill in the blanks myself but based on Canon and logical assumptions based on hints.

Don't give up The Ship!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm Sam and my honeypie is Carson Beckett. He must really be that because this is the second quiz I've taken and gotten this result. And it is sort of true. I'd go out with him in an instant - if I weren't already married!

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
          And the GW forum will crash with all the crazed shippers going online.
          *cackle* We did that once before, remember? You'd think TPTB would have heard about the "squeee heard 'round the world".

Comment

I like the storie of season 9 and I think that Vala is very funny . and Daniel & Vala are so great !
            But I miss Jack SO MUCH, his jokes, etc
            anyway, I still hope in season 10 the come back of RICK (especially in the episode 200 with Jack&Sam ship )
            -SAM: Thank you sir !
            -JACK: For what ?
            -SAM: For being here for me
            -JACK: Always

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
              *cackle* We did that once before, remember? You'd think TPTB would have heard about the "squeee heard 'round the world".
              Gee, everything is falling into place. There's been no ship resolution because TBTB are worried that Gateworld will experience technical difficulties. Therefore, in an attempt to save GW from disgruntled visitors, they've decided to sit this one out. Thanks MeiMei, for that last puzzle piece.

Comment

I used one of my fan arts to make an s/j web layout...it's basically just a big splash page, but let me know what you think

http://suekayonline.stargate-intel.net/layout.gif
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                  Here you are Oma. Good luck!

Stargate boyfriend: http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=133398

Stargate Girl: http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=133290
                  I wanna know everybody's results!
                  I got Sam, with Aidan Ford - but I'll convince myself that its because I'm under 20 and go with second place (Jack) - even if its not true
                  The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and, like a clock, it regularly went cuckoo.

Stargate is not an obsession. I can give it up anytime I want!

Comment

I was glad to see that
                    Spoiler:
                    if they were going to lift the Crystal Skull plot so shamelessly that at least they admitted it. This is awful but I sort of liked the zombie with rabies.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                      Actually Ripple Effect and anything contained therein would have zero effect on whether RDA puts in an appearance in season 10. That will rest on RDA's interest, his availablility, the offer being made and all sorts of other nitty gritty stuff.

Also, they will keep it a secret as long as possible ala Teryl & JR. It's bad business in tv to have the audience aware of everything that's going to happen before it happens, there needs to be some secrecy surrounding these things.

For people who aren't watching because they're afraid Sam will be "shipped off" with someone else. It won't happen so relax. Sam isn't actually in focus enough as far as I can see for anything remotely like that to happen. It would serve no purpose, and despite what many seem to beleive, the producers are not out to get you.

The other part of it is, with the various leaked rumours of a second movie, it would make sense that they'll hang on to a Sam & Jack resolve for that. Bigger is better and in SG ship terms Sam & Jack is the canon ship. A resolve is far more attractive in a movie that in the series. So I would say shippers don't fret. The ship hasn't sailed yet, it's just stuck in traffic.

If I knew Jack would be back I would probably watch with a little more interest so that when he appeared it would have context as opposed to just some disjointed scene.
                      sigpic
                      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                        Here you are Oma. Good luck!

Stargate boyfriend: http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=133398

Stargate Girl: http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=133290
                        I wanna know everybody's results!

I am watching SG-1 right now. I just had to mention
                        Spoiler:
                        That at the beginning Sam, as usual, stayed at work all night working, an Cam was talking about it. It SO lacked the usual playfulness/flirting as it would have had with Jack... I missed it...

Basically it lacked the chemistry. It just seemed like two actors reciting their lines.

But I will admit I loved
                        Spoiler:
                        Cam: I'm beginning to feel like Patrick Swayze in Ghost here. General we need a Whoopi.

I love the movie Ghost!

*walks off humming Unchained Melody*
                        Jack is my guy!!
                        And the result of the other test - Sam!! Wahoo!
                        Last edited by Zoser; 25 February 2006, 12:21 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                            Yes, I am expecting a surprise next season. We were, after all, surprised with the pivotal episode Threads. TPTB can surprise us again when RDA returns. I'm telling you, he will!!!

Presently, RDA is not, um, present.
                            Spoiler:
                            So TPTB, for reasons known only to them, have decided that it will not work for the development of this season's team to interject references of Jack. I DISAGREE!!

But, I am counting on RDA to return for at least the 200th anniversary episode. He's that kind of guy. TPTB want ratings. A Win-Win situation.

In the meantime, TPTB are writing episodes that delve into the working relationships of the Team. No one's personal life is being developed outside of the brief Landry-Lam father/daughter conflict. I bet when Sam and Daniel share lunch together or see each other off the base, they talk about personal matters. Like Jack. And Sam and Jack. And Sam and Jack dating. Yadda yadda yadda.

Hey, we got a big, honkin' clue about Sam's personal life when she replied to Barrett"s, "so you're single again?" with the squeeable "Not exactly." JACK.CANON.JACK.CANON!!!

OK, just so you don't think I'm completely delusional and in denial. I don't like that TPTB aren't weaving some minimal Ship in scenes where it would be congruent with the scene. So, yes, I fill in the blanks myself but based on Canon and logical assumptions based on hints.

Don't give up The Ship!!!
                            I wont give up the ship until I have to. And, I hope I don't have to. But, to be as precise as possible in my thinking I have to follow what has happened so far on screen. Sam and Jack have been in love since at least S4 and probably since S2. They finally got together in Threads. Fishing was the metaphor for their coupling. Okay, so far so good. RDA was leaving the show and you are right that they could not emphasize their relationship anymore so as to incorporate new characters and storylines. But, since the start of S9
                            Spoiler:

all reference to anything Sam and Jack, except for EDM, has been at best vague and at worst negative to the ship. Ripple Effect, and I hate to keep bringing that up, changed the dynamics of the ship IMO. Either Sam's pass at Marty was at least mental cheating on Jack if they are together off screen, or they are not in an "official" relationship. We have no proof of either of this from what has been happening this season. We are all left to wondering what is going on. My thought is that RDA might have seen this episode and concluded that they are changing what had occurred to Sam and Jack for whatever reason. He MAY have decided to skip returning for a guest appearance so as not to negate the integrity of his character. If he does make a guest appearance, it will most definitely be to get his lady. But, I will not be satisfied if the writers choose to simply ignore what happened in RE and act as if nothing had happened. Something did happen and it needs to be dealt with. I want Sam and Jack closure, but I want it done the right way not just any way. I know its only a TV show and not real life, but they need to remain within the reality created by the writers. Like all stories, even fiction, things must remain in context. I fear that the writers may just decide to disregard the "pass" and pick up Sam and Jack where they left off in Threads. Probably most shippers will be delighted with this outcome, but to me it will seem oddly engineered and unconvincing. I may be demanding and unrealistic concerning this issue, but it will be the only way I can accept the previous canon.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific Jack
                              I wont give up the ship until I have to. And, I hope I don't have to. But, to be as precise as possible in my thinking I have to follow what has happened so far on screen. Sam and Jack have been in love since at least S4 and probably since S2. They finally got together in Threads. Fishing was the metaphor for their coupling. Okay, so far so good. RDA was leaving the show and you are right that they could not emphasize their relationship anymore so as to incorporate new characters and storylines. But, since the start of S9
                              Spoiler:

all reference to anything Sam and Jack, except for EDM, has been at best vague and at worst negative to the ship. Ripple Effect, and I hate to keep bringing that up, changed the dynamics of the ship IMO. Either Sam's pass at Marty was at least mental cheating on Jack if they are together off screen, or they are not in an "official" relationship. We have no proof of either of this from what has been happening this season. We are all left to wondering what is going on. My thought is that RDA might have seen this episode and concluded that they are changing what had occurred to Sam and Jack for whatever reason. He MAY have decided to skip returning for a guest appearance so as not to negate the integrity of his character. If he does make a guest appearance, it will most definitely be to get his lady. But, I will not be satisfied if the writers choose to simply ignore what happened in RE and act as if nothing had happened. Something did happen and it needs to be dealt with. I want Sam and Jack closure, but I want it done the right way not just any way. I know its only a TV show and not real life, but they need to remain within the reality created by the writers. Like all stories, even fiction, things must remain in context. I fear that the writers may just decide to disregard the "pass" and pick up Sam and Jack where they left off in Threads. Probably most shippers will be delighted with this outcome, but to me it will seem oddly engineered and unconvincing. I may be demanding and unrealistic concerning this issue, but it will be the only way I can accept the previous canon.

Jack
                              I agreed with you!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                                Spoiler:

When, Where?? TELL ME!! TELL ME EVERYTHING!!!! *grabs collar and starts shaking hard* TELL ME!!
                                I just might faint from lack of oxygen to my brain. When I read that I was squeeing so hard I couldn't breath! please tell me when that happened!!

Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

I've Been SPANKed by the Love Monkey!!

Comment

Working...
                                X