Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi, guys. i'm a member of the sam/jack list (a group on yahoo). a shipper made a post that i wanted to share with you.

remember, this isn't 'my' post.

spoilers for s9's 'the scourge'

Spoiler:
    Ok...so a couple of observations about " The Scourge"

1. Sam totally reminded me of Jack in the way she handled Woolsey in the caves. Bad ass! I could picture Jack being proud of her...I litterally said, "Go Carter!!" I know...I'm addicted~what can I say.

2. You know when Daniel, Teal'c, and Mitchell set up the charges and then Sam came out? When the first one went off, Sam whimpered. Barely noticable, but if you watch it again, you hear it. I almost didn't pick it up. It surprised me, because that's not something she would usually do. I was talking about this with my other SG1 obsessed friend, and she thought that it might be a foreshadowing to her pregnancy...like she sub-consciously knew she had to protect something? They certainly set it up that way. I don't know, I just thought it would be interesting to put out there... LOVE to hear your thoughts on the subject!

~Danielle

so, shippers, i LOVED her idea of why sam whimpered!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      Actually I am finding it hard to watch the old eps. Their so called resolution wasn't what I was expecting and I really don't know right now what the status of the relationship is. I hate what the Sam/Pete relationship did to the show. After he showed up, everything changed.
      yep. and the writers haven't even given us *our* sweet s/j resolution.

but it could be coming...

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
        I would love to see an episode where Jack and Sam have some pretty heavy separate battles but then come together all battled and worn realizing how important they are to one another. (sigh) I can not stand that we actually have one episode "Death Knell" that Sam actually shows some battle fatigue; with all the missions she has been on she always comes away unscathed, I hate that, instead they seem to be going in the opposite direction showing more skin. Obviously AT has a great body but that is not what the Sam character is all about. I think by not letting Sam take the brunt of being in command and having her see some real military action getting hurt and dirty, is really doing a disservice to the character, I mean how many times can you avoid a bullet; had they played this card it would have made her character more real than she is now and brought more power to the show. Instead we have this beautiful woman who everyone falls in love with who is simply there to smile and solve the equation. I mean no disrespect to AT but simply to TPTB who write for her.
        i agree. and *all* the characters are getting the shaft. (pun intended)

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          hi, guys. i'm a member of the sam/jack list (a group on yahoo). a shipper made a post that i wanted to share with you.

remember, this isn't 'my' post.

spoilers for s9's 'the scourge'

Spoiler:
          Ok...so a couple of observations about " The Scourge"

1. Sam totally reminded me of Jack in the way she handled Woolsey in the caves. Bad ass! I could picture Jack being proud of her...I litterally said, "Go Carter!!" I know...I'm addicted~what can I say.

2. You know when Daniel, Teal'c, and Mitchell set up the charges and then Sam came out? When the first one went off, Sam whimpered. Barely noticable, but if you watch it again, you hear it. I almost didn't pick it up. It surprised me, because that's not something she would usually do. I was talking about this with my other SG1 obsessed friend, and she thought that it might be a foreshadowing to her pregnancy...like she sub-consciously knew she had to protect something? They certainly set it up that way. I don't know, I just thought it would be interesting to put out there... LOVE to hear your thoughts on the subject!

~Danielle

so, shippers, i LOVED her idea of why sam whimpered!

sally

Very interesting.....
          But AT has said that
          Spoiler:
          Sam being pregnant wouldn't work for the character. She said that she thinks that Sam would leave the SGC. But then Sam did leave the SGC...

Spoiler:
          Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
            Me too! Some things are universal "Mawiage is what brings us togevver today"

Oooooh and Jack's special line is "C'mere" instead of "as you wish"

Bump

I think I've obiously really missed out by not seeing that movie. And I love both of those pics.
            always and forever
            My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
            My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
              Bump

I think I've obiously really missed out by not seeing that movie. And I love both of those pics.
              If you can rent it or even buy the DVD (which is pretty cheap since the movie is old) watch it. Very funny and heart felt.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                Very interesting.....
                But AT has said that
                Spoiler:
                Sam being pregnant wouldn't work for the character. She said that she thinks that Sam would leave the SGC. But then Sam did leave the SGC...
                you are probably right about that-it just might have been an inadvertant flinch because of the noise
                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                  you are probably right about that-it just might have been an inadvertant flinch because of the noise
                  Yeah. But it's fun to analyze. But then I've been told I tend to overanalyze. Many a time have I been told I think too much...

Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                    Yeah. But it's fun to analyze. But then I've been told I tend to overanalyze. Many a time have I been told I think too much...

But isn't overanalyizing what 'shipping is all about?

Bucky

Comment

Yeah, but if Jack had been there, she would have flinched towards him. Like in Avenger 2.0. That little shippy bit makes me squeeeee.
                      sigpic
                      Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

We might be suffering from ship deprivation!
                        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

We might be suffering from ship deprivation!
                          Might?

Maybe this will help:

Sir, I'm sorry I bowled you over with my blinding smile!
                          S'okay Carter.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
                            But isn't overanalyizing what 'shipping is all about?

Bucky
                            Yes! That's why I love this place so much. My overly analytical brain can go crazy!!

*looks at clock* Darn! I gotta get to class... The math is calling...

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
                              Might?

Maybe this will help:

Sir, I'm sorry I bowled you over with my blinding smile!
                              S'okay Carter.
                              or

Sam: Jack are you alright?
                              Jack: Wow Sam! That was one heck of a kiss!
                              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

or

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1.../b23407085.jpg

Sam: Jack are you alright?
                                Jack: Wow Sam! That was one heck of a kiss!
                                I like yours better.

(I was trying not to get caught posting at work. Teehee.)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X