This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
    Oh, and look the author is lurking at the bottom!

(((Anne87)))

Love the story. The other one is cute too, but I really enjoyed the one above.
    Awww thanks everyone *goes incredibly red*
    The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and, like a clock, it regularly went cuckoo.

Stargate is not an obsession. I can give it up anytime I want!

Comment

Just found this posted in the Gateworld Fanfic. Very cute!

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...londehair.html
      Love this fic anne87.
      always and forever
      My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
      My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Atlantis is doing very well right now, maybe not quite as good as SG-1 in s2, but if not then close. I can't help but think that SG-1 is gone. IMO if they had just tried to keep SG-1 the same after Jack, they would have been ok. not great, but ok. Instead they chose that time to introduce a very weak plot (Ori) and a NEW character to take his place. If they tried to get rid of Sam, Teal'c, and Daniel now, I'd just give up on the show. They've already shown me Mitchell can't cut it and the plot's dieing. What's left if Jack, Hammond, Janet, Jacob, Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c are gone. Bra'tac? Cassie?
        ok, done. nice fic!
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
          Atlantis is doing very well right now, maybe not quite as good as SG-1 in s2, but if not then close. I can't help but think that SG-1 is gone. IMO if they had just tried to keep SG-1 the same after Jack, they would have been ok. not great, but ok. Instead they chose that time to introduce a very weak plot (Ori) and a NEW character to take his place. If they tried to get rid of Sam, Teal'c, and Daniel now, I'd just give up on the show. They've already shown me Mitchell can't cut it and the plot's dieing. What's left if Jack, Hammond, Janet, Jacob, Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c are gone. Bra'tac? Cassie?
          ok, done. nice fic!
          i agree what really is left for us jack/sam shippers in the seies now???
          the best formular
          (+)x(+)=
          proud member of ship ship hooray special Ops team

Comment

ok, done. nice fic!
            I think maybe the problem is they tried to change too much all at once. They felt they had to replace RDA with someone, they felt they'd gone as far as they could go with the main story arc, and so a new threat had to be introduced, but by introducing them all at once they changed too much too fast, and they couldn't possibly have enough time to develop both new characters, new relationships, and new story arcs, so all of them suffered.
            The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and, like a clock, it regularly went cuckoo.

Comment

anne87 - fantastic little fic

do you have more the the two at gw?
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I think a major reason why BB and CB were brought in because TPTB did not think AT MS and CJ could carry the Show.I think if TPTB just brought in Hailey or Jonas as the fourth and keep the episodes as team episode there was no need to have AT MS and CJ carry the Show.TPTB get in trouble when they have one character take over an episode and move away from the team concept.IMO RDA was able to go off and carry an episode without AT MS and CJ.Not every Actor is able to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by anne87
                  I think maybe the problem is they tried to change too much all at once. They felt they had to replace RDA with someone, they felt they'd gone as far as they could go with the main story arc, and so a new threat had to be introduced, but by introducing them all at once they changed too much too fast, and they couldn't possibly have enough time to develop both new characters, new relationships, and new story arcs, so all of them suffered.
                  That's exactly what it is. they could have gotten rid of RDA before the Goa'uld war was over (which, admitidly would have been bad four us SJ shippers because the only way to get jack out of the SGC in the middle of a war is to kill him). Then they could have ended the war and stuck with the familar Ba'al and Jaffa arcs. THEN they could have intro'd a new character, keeping Sam as CO, and THEN they could have started the Ori arc. The show would have gone much more smoothly.
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    anne87 - fantastic little fic

do you have more the the two at gw?

Do not have more than the two anywhere. Yet. You never know. And one day I might even write something with a plot!!

That's exactly what it is. they could have gotten rid of RDA before the Goa'uld war was over (which, admitidly would have been bad four us SJ shippers because the only way to get jack out of the SGC in the middle of a war is to kill him). Then they could have ended the war and stuck with the familar Ba'al and Jaffa arcs. THEN they could have intro'd a new character, keeping Sam as CO, and THEN they could have started the Ori arc. The show would have gone much more smoothly.
                    They could have even tried carrying on from season eight (though admittedly, the end of that was fairly "final") with the Ba'al arc, maybe add in rebel rebel Jaffa (if that makes sense), add a new character as a military member of SG-1 under Sam's command (she does not deserve demotion back to 2IC even if she didn't lead SG-1 through the Gate during season 8 as much as I would have wanted - where did all the Earth-y episodes come from? What about that big round thing they keep around?)

Then they could have introduced the Ori in Season 10, once everything had all settled down.

Comment

Originally posted by anne87
                      They could have even tried carrying on from season eight (though admittedly, the end of that was fairly "final") with the Ba'al arc, maybe add in rebel rebel Jaffa (if that makes sense), add a new character as a military member of SG-1 under Sam's command (she does not deserve demotion back to 2IC even if she didn't lead SG-1 through the Gate during season 8 as much as I would have wanted - where did all the Earth-y episodes come from? What about that big round thing they keep around?)

Then they could have introduced the Ori in Season 10, once everything had all settled down.
                      That's what I was thinking. Plus, they knew relitivly when RDA was going to leave, they could have prepared better for it.
                      sigpic

Comment

That's what I was thinking. Plus, they knew relitivly when RDA was going to leave, they could have prepared better for it.
                        They could have done something better with RDA's two guest appearances in season nine too (like save them til AT was back off maternity leave )

Comment

Just found this posted in the Gateworld Fanfic. Very cute!

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...londehair.html
                          Cool story, SqueeG-1. Sweet and so squeeee!-worthy!

Just sayin', nice Sam/Jack moment, shipper friendly, indeed.
                          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                          sigpic
                          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                            Cool story, SqueeG-1. Sweet and so squeeee!-worthy!

Just sayin', nice Sam/Jack moment, shipper friendly, indeed.
                            We like squeeeeeeing! It's a good thing.

And several of us are very sad that Anne87 hasn't posted any more fics. (Get to work on that, please.)
                            sigpic
                            Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

We like squeeeeeeing! It's a good thing.

And several of us are very sad that Anne87 hasn't posted any more fics. (Get to work on that, please.)
                              What SqueeG-1 said.

Just sayin', shippers need good shipper fic, Anne87. Share again, soon, please.
                              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                              sigpic
                              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                                What SqueeG-1 said.

Just sayin', shippers need good shipper fic, Anne87. Share again, soon, please.
                                *Goes extremely red, spontaneously combusts, causes fire alarms in entire halls of residences to go off, making everyone stand outside for hours until fire service turns them off*

Comment "Who's been making toast again?!?!" was heard.

Thanks for the review

Comment

Working...
                                X