This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pacific Jack
    The original cast chemistry is sorely lacking this year....as expected. With the introduction of several new cast members and the feeble attempts to integrate them with the holdovers, there are plot casualties and performance stumbles. In addition, the show has been going on for many years. You can only maintain a good story for so long before it will turn into a soap opera. They need to finish the original story asap. As painful as this is to say Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c have to leave the show. Actually, the story really ended at the end of S8. By continuing into the current season, they have altered the original ending and have tried to add on an epilogue of sorts which have done nothing but confuse, befuddle, and irritate long time fans. The longer this farce continues, the more damage is being done to characters we care about. I know the producers want to make a buck and scifi is willing to hand it over, but the viewing public is interested in the story, not the monetary considerations behind it. I believe that once the remaining original cast members have their tales resolved and leave the show the newer ones will be more successful and better received by the gaters. It's the current mix that doesn't work. The writing is bad because they don't know what to do with incompatible scenarios. I think everyone will be happier if they get on with the retooling of the show. Out with the old, on with the new. Let a knew SG-1 invlolve and engage our affection and support. Let the old, but still adored, SG-1 go into history with the fame and dignity they earned and deserve.

Jack
    I don't think I could have the affection for another team that I had for our SG-1. I would rather they just continue with the new team, but allow past episodes to stand as canon instead of as a "guideline", able to swerve and blur as they see fit.

I find I've mellowed with time and I am more able to hope for Sam and Jack to have the resolution we want, eventually. I don't think I will ever care as much about this new SG NG as I did the original. But I am more willing to accept. I'm liking the second half of S9 more than the first. Thats a start.
    sigpic
    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

As for friction, I would still like to see some of that between Sam and Jack.

Seriously, I don't want any friction between Mitchell and anyone. I like him (maybe because he mentions Jack from time to time).

I wouldn't mind some friction between Teal'c and Daniel. For 2 people with opposing approaches to situations, they never "friction". Perhaps because Jack was there and took the brunt of any discord.
      sigpic
      ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Great points Pacific Jack.There are Fans who say RDA left the Show deal with it.It's not that simple.SG-1 was Jack Sam Daniel Teal'c for the longest time.IMO SG-1 is a character driven Show and it matters to me which characters are on the Show.I do not watch Atlantis but I hope when SG-1 ends AT MS and CJ do not end up on Atlantis.The way things are going I would be very surprised if there was a Season 11.

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
          I don't think he has any rights.
          Spoiler:
          Remember that either last week or the one before Cam quoted O'Neill's "every time we step through the gate" speech. He credited "General O'Neill." Therefore I don't think RDA has the rights to the name.

BTW, I was so spectacularly
          Spoiler:
          unimpressed with The Scourge that I failed to register the pentagon phone call. Can someone fill me in with juicy details in order to get my little noggin going?
          Guys I was kidding about the copyrights about the name "Jack". I was being sarcastic!
          sigpic

Comment

Ses - that's why I'm preferring Atlantis now. The characterisation on Atlantis is so much better than SG1 (with the exception of Sheppard who I'm not happy with). It's still very early in the day for the show, so there's not a lot to lose if storylines don't go your way. I'm loving three ships on the show and a slash, and I love the characters too.

But I will never invest as much time and creative energy in a show again, like I did with SG1.

'Fool me once, shame on you

Fool me twice, shame on me'

TPTB are on their second chance with Atlantis, having blown the first one wit SG1.

Here's hoping they get their acts together.
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
              Guys I was kidding about the copyrights about the name "Jack". I was being sarcastic!
              Sorry, Trupi. I should have know better from someone as astute as yourself.

Comment

Nice idea regarding Sam and Jack.I always liked when there was some sort of argument with SG-1 from time to time.I did not want to see that every week.It just seems more real when everyone is not on the same page all the time.The best of Friends and Family fight and argue.I could be wrong but it seems
                Spoiler:
                many times Mitchell has gotten a free pass from the rest of SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                  Nice idea regarding Sam and Jack.I always liked when there was some sort of argument with SG-1 from time to time.I did not want to see that every week.It just seems more real when everyone is not on the same page all the time.The best of Friends and Family fight and argue.I could be wrong but it seems
                  Spoiler:
                  many times Mitchell has gotten a free pass from the rest of SG-1.
                  Thats how I feel too. They shrug their shoulders and go along. I just get the impression that Sam and Daniel would rather be somewhere else.
                  Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                    Thats how I feel too. They shrug their shoulders and go along. I just get the impression that Sam and Daniel would rather be somewhere else.

waggles eyebrows and leers, well we all know where Sam would rather be!

Comment

Just found this posted in the Gateworld Fanfic. Very cute!

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...londehair.html
                      sigpic
                      Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        Ses - that's why I'm preferring Atlantis now. The characterisation on Atlantis is so much better than SG1 (with the exception of Sheppard who I'm not happy with). It's still very early in the day for the show, so there's not a lot to lose if storylines don't go your way. I'm loving three ships on the show and a slash, and I love the characters too.

But I will never invest as much time and creative energy in a show again, like I did with SG1.

'Fool me once, shame on you

Fool me twice, shame on me'

TPTB are on their second chance with Atlantis, having blown the first one wit SG1.

Here's hoping they get their acts together.

i totaly agree with you suekay on this 1
                        sg1 has lost something the buz i gess which was between sam and jack
                        but atlantis has relighted that sprack/buz i just hope now that they dont blow it out again.
                        the best formular
                        (+)x(+)=
                        proud member of ship ship hooray special Ops team

Comment

Oh, and look the author is lurking at the bottom!

(((Anne87)))

Love the story. The other one is cute too, but I really enjoyed the one above.
                          sigpic
                          Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
                            Just found this posted in the Gateworld Fanfic. Very cute!

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...londehair.html

true a very cute fic i like the way the roles where revesed hehe very gd
                            the best formular
                            (+)x(+)=
                            proud member of ship ship hooray special Ops team

Comment

Cute, Anne87. Nice bit of fluff.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                                Stupid soap in my eyes!!! Where's my towel??
                                Honey, I need a towel!!!
                                Sweetheart, I think what you need is a back scrub. Move over, Mister!!!
                                What happened to Sir?
                                Jack, you're retired!!!
                                Yeah, c'mere!! Growl!!!
                                This is great!
                                always and forever
                                My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                                My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Working...
                                X