This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page two!?!?! I think not!!
    The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and, like a clock, it regularly went cuckoo.

Stargate is not an obsession. I can give it up anytime I want!

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
      I think that picure was a publicity shot RDA and AT did for the press.TPTB are fooling nobody.

TPTB pushed the Sam/Jack Ship from episode one.

yes they REALLY did!!!!!!!!

like when sam was in this awsome dress...

SAM: Uh, I guess the kid doesn't get out much. Look uh, I will not wear this thing over my face. (She picks up the silk face cover.) I don't care how much embroidery it has on it. And this dress, or whatever it's called, I mean I can't move, I can't walk.

JACK still has that smile on his face.

JACK: I don't know, It...it kind of works for me.

DANNY: It's, it's you, it's...

JACK: It's you.

DANNY: Defiantly you. (SAM looks like she wants to kick them both. JACK looks at DANNY and waves his finger.) (Still distracted by Sam's beauty) Uh, uh the good news is, uh you were right. One of ABU's plants seems to work as an anesthetic. Were taking some home to get it, uh, a-analyzed.

JACK: All things considered, *SAMANTHA*, if we have to come back here, it might be a better idea to bring an all male team. No offence.

SAM: Well, in view of the fact that you all get to go to this party tonight and I get to stay in the yurt, that smalls like rancid yak butter, none taken. I'll just get a good nights sleep, and hope for better luck next time. (DANNY and TEAL'C walk out, JACK is about to follow, but stops right before he gets to the tent flap. )

JACK: You going to be alright?

SAM: Still doubting me? I haven't been afraid of the dark since I was two. (JACK smiles.)

JACK: You look great. (SAM nods and JACK walks out. )
      [/INDENT]

and 8 years later....what? but still shippy-otimistic -for the world has enough insane things like tsunamis and hurricanes and Bush-administration and war and....carricatures...
      -->AT LEAST and have to end up as lovers/in a relationship

I`d rather died myself...than loose Carter

O'NEILL: Carter, there are people on this base who have families.
      CARTER: What about you? If things had been different ...
      O'NEILL: I wouldn't be here.

Comment

I think had they given us a nice romantic resolution for Jack and Sam at the end of Season 8 and then had Sams side of dealing with a long distance relationship through Season 9 they would have accomplished two things at one time; Jack would have been mentioned with a purpose and their angsty relationship would have continued. I think it would also have given a natural progression to their relationship, by that I mean they already strung the ust out for 7 years, maybe because they thought that if they brought them together it would end it, but it was time to bring them together in order to make the relationship believable but with RDA leaving they could have easily brought back the angst through Sam and the long distance relationship, then sprinkle in a little romance whenever RDA came for a visit. The problem is though TPTB have to want to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          I was wondering how that little vintage worked out for you. Go Penguins! Wonder if it's sold in the States?
          It is in PA. I like it.

As for TPTB not thinking of the S/J ship before Out of Mind - they are out of their collective minds. It was probably thought of when they envisioned the pilot episode - let's see beautiful brainy woman and hunky heroic guy, hmmmm, what will wi do with them??
          sigpic
          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by SAM&JACKquietschSHIP
            yes they REALLY did!!!!!!!!

like when sam was in this awsome dress...

[/INDENT]

and 8 years later....what? but still shippy-otimistic -for the world has enough insane things like tsunamis and hurricanes and Bush-administration and war and....carricatures...
            -->AT LEAST and have to end up as lovers/in a relationship
            You know, I was just thinking that if Jack had stayed with Sam (trying to be PG but you know what I mean ) she would never have gotten kidnapped.
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
              It is in PA. I like it.

As for TPTB not thinking of the S/J ship before Out of Mind - they are out of their collective minds. It was probably thought of when they envisioned the pilot episode - let's see beautiful brainy woman and hunky heroic guy, hmmmm, what will wi do with them??
              well ya see-here I am 9 years later still trying to figure out if they figured out what they were/are/will be doing with them?

*here we go steelers-here we go! can ya tell I am still excited?*
              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                well ya see-here I am 9 years later still trying to figure out if they figured out what they were/are/will be doing with them?

*here we go steelers-here we go! can ya tell I am still excited?*

One word - serendipity.

Even if they didn't mean to push the ship (and lets face it, who believes that anyway), the ship managed quite nicely on its own, thank you

Dropping it suddenly after all these years is an insult to our intelligence and and to the storywriting. Even looking at character development/consistency could anyone believe that these two wouldn't try (and succeed) to make a go of it?

And with RDA gone, it doesn't even have to be in the foreground - just a little mention now and then (perhaps a big kiss in the 200th episode - kinda symbolic) to keep us happy.

"Have a good weekend, Sam?"
                *Big grin* "Just flew back from Washington"

FCOL is that too much to ask!!

I know everything has been said before, but I wanted to say it again
                The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and, like a clock, it regularly went cuckoo.

Comment

Originally posted by anne87
                  One word - serendipity.

Even if they didn't mean to push the ship (and lets face it, who believes that anyway), the ship managed quite nicely on its own, thank you

Dropping it suddenly after all these years is an insult to our intelligence and and to the storywriting. Even looking at character development/consistency could anyone believe that these two wouldn't try (and succeed) to make a go of it?

And with RDA gone, it doesn't even have to be in the foreground - just a little mention now and then (perhaps a big kiss in the 200th episode - kinda symbolic) to keep us happy.

"Have a good weekend, Sam?"
                  *Big grin* "Just flew back from Washington"

FCOL is that too much to ask!!

I know everything has been said before, but I wanted to say it again

hey *waves*

you know what No !!!

It's most definatly NOT to much to ask.
                  In fact i think its the right amount to ask.

We as in the wonderfull n fantabulous shippers that we are have all invested a lot of time and energy in our favourite couple and ultimatley the show. As loyal fans i think its about time we saw some results.

And your right, as has also been said before, we're NOT asking for the "Sam/Jack Show" just a little recognition for something EVERYBODY knows exsist, god if the noromos and anti shippers know its there how can it be ignored ?????
                  I mean if they can't see it what exactly are they fighting?
                  FCOL theres even a smilie for it, HELLO can you hear us PTB ?????

oooooooooo i'm sorry bout the mini rant there, its bin one of them weeks
                  im on a nine day straight stretch at work at the mo n today is day 8 and all i wanted was to watch some ship and what do i find a broken DVD player, OH JOY !!!!!!

Anywho, Valentship day don't forget

misstweedledee xXx

United we stand,Divided we fall. - The Shipper Family
                  honoured member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

Comment

NOOOOOOO!!!!!! You can't live without ship!!!!

And exactly - in fact I think over-shippiness would kill it - the best bits are the subtle - they make the overt bits so much more *squee*able.

Strange as it may sound, I actually enjoy other aspects of the show and I wouldn't want them to be overshadowed, but recognition is deserved!!!!!!

Mustn't forget Valenship!!

Only thing keeping me going!! Thought uni was supposed to be a doss - but no, I have to pick heaviest course available!! And they have to give me loads of work!!

Comment

NOOOOOOO!!!!!! You can't live without ship!!!!

And exactly - in fact I think over-shippiness would kill it - the best bits are the subtle - they make the overt bits so much more *squee*able.

Strange as it may sound, I actually enjoy other aspects of the show and I wouldn't want them to be overshadowed, but recognition is deserved!!!!!!

Mustn't forget Valenship!!

Only thing keeping me going!! Thought uni was supposed to be a doss - but no, I have to pick heaviest course available!! And they have to give me loads of work!!

*waves*

I totally agree with you, it is the little things, the glances, the small gestures or the occasional touching that make us go into overdrive.
                      They are in so many ways the best bits !!!!

Ah bless ya, yer i decided against uni and went into managment at work, gives me more time for shipping, or at least that was the plan

misstweedledee xXx

United we stand,Divided we fall. - The Shipper Family
                      honoured member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

Comment

Originally posted by misstweedledee
                        *waves*

I totally agree with you, it is the little things, the glances, the small gestures or the occasional touching that make us go into overdrive.
                        They are in so many ways the best bits !!!!

Ah bless ya, yer i decided against uni and went into managment at work, gives me more time for shipping, or at least that was the plan

misstweedledee xXx
                        We really wouldn't be this frenzied (yes that is the word I meant, or is it just me, then) if they been declaring passionate (this came out as poissonate the first time - where did the french fish come from!?!?!) love and throwing themselves at each other

And I never claimed to be sensible - it just seemed like a good idea at the time.

Comment

(this came out as poissonate the first time - where did the french fish come from!?!?!)
                          Well, so many of the shippy bits revolve around fishing. It must have been a Freudian slip.
                          sigpic
                          Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
                            Well, so many of the shippy bits revolve around fishing. It must have been a Freudian slip.
                            Hadn't thought of that!!

I'm even more obsessed than I feared!!

Oh well, never mind - I seem to be in good company.

Comment

Hadn't thought of that!!

I'm even more obsessed than I feared!!

Oh well, never mind - I seem to be in good company.
                              Yes, yes you are.
                              sigpic
                              Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                                I think had they given us a nice romantic resolution for Jack and Sam at the end of Season 8 and then had Sams side of dealing with a long distance relationship through Season 9 they would have accomplished two things at one time; Jack would have been mentioned with a purpose and their angsty relationship would have continued. I think it would also have given a natural progression to their relationship, by that I mean they already strung the ust out for 7 years, maybe because they thought that if they brought them together it would end it, but it was time to bring them together in order to make the relationship believable but with RDA leaving they could have easily brought back the angst through Sam and the long distance relationship, then sprinkle in a little romance whenever RDA came for a visit. The problem is though TPTB have to want to do it.
                                Yep, no one asked for the Sam/Jack show, an occational mention would satisfiy most of us. I just want to know they are together. But it seems like not only have they ignored it, they have gone out of their way to make me doubt they are together. What really bothers me is that any anti S/J scene is in our face, no question this is happening. But if its a pro S/J scene it is vague with many interpretations.
                                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X