Fic rec!

Unexpected by Jezyk
    This was a great fic rec! Thanks!

Spoiler:
    Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

get up there

Comment

With the fantastic pictures coming out in the thread I feel very frustrated I can't contribute because I don't own any pics. I know there are sites with them but is it acceptable to post pics that I didn't cap ? ( by the way have no idea what/ how to do that but have never done it either )
        So can someonw plaese explain the do's and don'ts of posting pics please ?

Comment

Before I did my own caps, I either went to http://www.stargatecaps.com , saved the images to my computer, resized them to a good size, then uploaded them to my PB, before posting them, giving a link back to the site.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Just saw Ethon

Spoiler:
            did you see when Cam quoted Jack, Sam had a little smile to herself? And it shows Cam and Jack are spending some time together too, so Cam must know about Sam and Jack, cos anyone who spends more then five minutes in the same room with the two of them has to see they're in love.

And I know Cam hugged Sam..it was definitely a friendship only hug. Just comparing it to Teal'c's reaction to Sam being alive (oh, so sweet! I swear Teal'c had tears in his eyes). Cam and Sam's hug was so just friendship. It was sweet. I love Ca/Sam friendship..and like I said before..that quote from Jack shows Cam hangs out with both of them (bet Jack's taken Cam to one side at some point and told him to 'look after Carter. Hey, she's a strong woman, she can look afer herself, but I'd feel better knowing you had her back.

<sigh> I'm a happy little shipper bunny. Mind you, that could be the flu meds I'm on, combined with incipient Jack/Chloe shippiness in 24 (there's about five Jack/Chloe shippers, I know) and Gris/Sara shippiness in CSI...but i think things are going well,( whoops, I wrote 'tings are going wee'at first.) shipwise.

Looking back at what I wrote, I can see the flu meds are making me flyyyy, so I'm going to go and watch CSI and go to bed. See you all at Valenship!!!
            Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

MichelleB - My dad talked through that scene and blocked my view of the TV!

Evil evil man that he is!
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks michelleb.I did not know about
                Spoiler:
                Sam smiling.I still think Sam Daniel and Teal'c should say something when someone mentions Jack.I think it's interesting that BB and AT have been the most supportive of RDA with there comments.

Comment

I think TS (the suits) have been pulling the shots with that one...if TPTB and the actors start saying that they really miss RDA, the critics would have a field day, and a lot of people believe every word the critics say...I think that they're probably all missing him, but have been told to avoid mentioning him.

Plus remember...BB was a fan of the show before joining the cast...He's probably a fan of RDA too!
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi!!!

The best episode tournament S1-7 is in it's final round... you have to vote for the ep that you want to win and it's

Window of Opportunity vs Lost City... WOW

If you want to vote you can go here

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                    Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

thankies for the heads up LOL

voted
                      sigpic

Comment

Heya sueKay !!!

yeah tonights ep i have to agree with michelleb with regaurds to the hug thing - i think teal'c was really sweet and (strangely) reminicent of gace (was that just me?) anywhoo

howdy! i'll just be in the thunk thread if you need me lol!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          Before I did my own caps, I either went to http://www.stargatecaps.com , saved the images to my computer, resized them to a good size, then uploaded them to my PB, before posting them, giving a link back to the site.
                          i use stargatecaps.com too. u can upload them to xanga also if u have that. (not sure what the max is thu).

aww, i thought of grace during the sam/teal'c hug too. that and paradise lost. sure great eps.

OT-what exactly IS a 'jaffa fodder'?
                          sigpic
                          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Hi guys I just thought I'd pop in and say 'Hi' to all of the newbies and not-so-new shippers here on the thread! I've just been catching up on posts and I have to agree with DipsofJazz (*waves* hi!) that it's been a long road we've travelled and I'll be damned if I'm gonna give up now at the last hurdle!

Lol I taped the Superbowl the other night just to see if they put the Mastercard ad on over here (I'm in England) but I haven't had chance to watch it yet.

For any shippers who don't know, Sally Reeve's (aka Sally Malcolm's) official SG-1 books are FAB! They're by far the shippiest of the new lot. Not only is the plot near-on perfect but I can't tell you how great it is to FINALLY have some ship fic that I can carry to school with me and not be labelled a weirdo (I have a friend who reads non-SG1 fic in school and she told everyone one day ... let's just say she's not all that popular!) I've folded down the corners of the pages with shippy scenes on (which is about 1/3 of the books I think!) - does ne1 else think that they should actually make the episode as a 2-parter (hint: the 200th ep. is coming up!)? If you don't have them put them on your birthday/Valentine's/Christmas/Hannukah/wedding(!?!) presents list NOW!

Oh and I agree with whoever said that AT doesn't seem as cheery without Rick. (I was at GABIT) and I just felt like Amanda was going to miss him goofing around on set. I dunno why it was maybe just my over-active shippy imagination getting mixed with my GABIT-induced high (BTW I'm STRICTLY talking about character romantic relationships here when I mention the ship. I have no illusions that Amanda and Rick actually *are* Sam and Jack ... OK gonna stop there coz even the idea is freaking me out, in the words of Hammond, there are some lines that should not be crossed) Anyway, so yeah, back to my point. Sam and Jack have the best chemistry of any on-screen couple I've ever seen and it's partly due to said actors being great friends (in my outside observer's opinion anyway it seems to be that way) and that comradery is partly what makes the show for me. SG-1 worked as a team because it was fun and the actors (for the most part) seemed to enjoy making it.

Now, sadly, the whole show seems to have changed its ethos from 'Life's too short - if it's not fun, don't do it' to 'networks trying to squeeze as much $$$ out of it as they can whilst not giving a flying monkey about continuity/plot/audience' - Sam's back to being love-interest-of-the-week's obsession, something which us real fans know will never be true. Sam's too damn fine a character (and Amanda to great an actress) for us to ever think that. (I sat the whole way through 'Ethon' grinning like the Cheshire Cat and screaming 'finally Carter's got her screen time back!' at the TV, it was nice to see the science coming back!)

Yeah, so to conclude my rather long post, I think I might have been a bit harsh on Mitchell. He's growing on me a bit (although I'd still like to see Sam take command of SG-1 officially) and, best of all, he's definitely not a threat to us shippers! (There's no way in Natu that the Air Force people would have allowed that hug if there was any hint of ship!) I'm still convinced that Sam and Jack eloped to Vegas whilst she was posted at Area 51 and were married by an Elvis impersonator with Thor as "Best Man", and there isn't much that's going to dissuade me of it! That is, of course, unless TPTB come up with something better

TTFN, speak to you all soon!
                            Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                              Hi!!!

The best episode tournament S1-7 is in it's final round... you have to vote for the ep that you want to win and it's

Window of Opportunity vs Lost City... WOW

If you want to vote you can go here
                              Done

my 500th Post! took me long enough

Comment

*waves* hi Amber haven't seen ya in a while how are ya

Originally posted by AmberLM
                                <snip>
                                For any shippers who don't know, Sally Reeve's (aka Sally Malcolm's) official SG-1 books are FAB! They're by far the shippiest of the new lot. Not only is the plot near-on perfect but I can't tell you how great it is to FINALLY have some ship fic that I can carry to school with me and not be labelled a weirdo (I have a friend who reads non-SG1 fic in school and she told everyone one day ... let's just say she's not all that popular!) I've folded down the corners of the pages with shippy scenes on (which is about 1/3 of the books I think!) - does ne1 else think that they should actually make the episode as a 2-parter (hint: the 200th ep. is coming up!)? If you don't have them put them on your birthday/Valentine's/Christmas/Hannukah/wedding(!?!) presents list NOW!
                                Link Please! poor college student here so probably have to wait until birthday.... 11 months left
                                Originally posted by AmberLM
                                Oh and I agree with whoever said that AT doesn't seem as cheery without Rick. (I was at GABIT) and I just felt like Amanda was going to miss him goofing around on set. I dunno why it was maybe just my over-active shippy imagination getting mixed with my GABIT-induced high (BTW I'm STRICTLY talking about character romantic relationships here when I mention the ship. I have no illusions that Amanda and Rick actually *are* Sam and Jack ... OK gonna stop there coz even the idea is freaking me out, in the words of Hammond, there are some lines that should not be crossed) Anyway, so yeah, back to my point. Sam and Jack have the best chemistry of any on-screen couple I've ever seen and it's partly due to said actors being great friends (in my outside observer's opinion anyway it seems to be that way) and that comradery is partly what makes the show for me. SG-1 worked as a team because it was fun and the actors (for the most part) seemed to enjoy making it.
                                TTFN, speak to you all soon!
                                Yep, I think Rick and Amanda goofed around A LOT on set. When you listen to the commentaries they are always saying that Rick and Amanda make each other laugh plus they have common interests the Simpsons and guitar? I remember reading in an article somewhere Amanda said that her favorite color was orange and know Rick’s favorite is know orange too I think it showed in their characters as well and out of that the Sam/Jack Relationship. Michael and Chris hang out a lot and that’s what I think Rick and Amanda did too

Comment

Working...
                                X