• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scjon
    A RE fic recommendation

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2763736/1/

Spoiler:
    On Marriage and Maternity Leave by Denaliyasha.

It doesn't touch on the almost kiss
    Awww, loved the fic!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      I understand you not wanting to read. I got sorely tempted by a Ripple Effect tag the other day. I read the first two paragraphs and then suddenly Kerry Johnson appeared in my fic too. I edited her out.... I mean, I don't think the shippers could take it. Best to keep a neutral head about it.

Lovely that I'm providing motivation, though. I feel all warm and gooey.
      i did a story in my head last night concerning ripple effect and that
      Spoiler:
      almost kiss

here's a quick run down (whether you want to hear it or not )

(i'm using spoilers because the first of this story is related to ripple effect)

Spoiler:
      i had it take place a few weeks after martouf and janet left. sam is at her gym and meets a guy. he asks her out and she declines. a few days later he asks her again and again she declines. and then changes her mind and accepts. on the day of her date, she calls him up and cancels. and then proceeds to call up jack and says, 'hi. we need to talk'.

jack comes to colorado and meets sam at a small coffee shop. she tells him what almost happened with martouf and 'why' it almost happened. she says that she feels her and jack are in the same situation that they were before - limbo. she also knows that her jolinar memories were influencing her almost kiss with martouf, but it was *her* that was instigating it. jack looks down and is sad. she then tells him about almost going out with that guy from the gym. jack thinks sam is ready to call it quits with him, but sam suprises him.

she says that she's lonely and tired of waiting, once again, to have a life. and it's not just a life with 'any' guy, but with him. she says she wants to have a real relationship with him now. no more waiting. he smiles and says, 'really?'. she smiles back and says, 'yep'. he then asks her out for dinner. sam grins and says, 'like a real date?' he grins back and says, 'yep'.

he suddenly asks her if it could go home with her so he could use her shower (he just came from the airport). she says yes.

as soon as they get into the house, he's all over her. she's suprised and *very* pleased, but still is in shock of their sudden physical relationship taking off (as in jack overwhelming her). her confusion dies off quickly with jack's mouth on her.

the next scene is sam waking up draped over jack. jack was already awake and enjoying being sam's pillow. they talk a bit and then jack says, 'marry me'. she's godsmacked and says, 'really?' he says, 'we've been 'seeing' each other for 9 years now. we've already seen the worst of each other, so...' sam says yes. he says 'really?' she answers by showering him in kisses and emphatically saying yes.

then it gets real mushy (can't help it ).

sam wants daniel, teal'c, cassie, and hammond to take place in their ceremony. sam embarrassingly shows jack the doohicky that allows a person to transport to a to'kar/goauld ship orbiting earth and back (she 'borrowed' it). sam and jack transport to the ship and then contact their friends. one by one they're transported to the ship and then, as a group, transported to lake tahoe for their impromptu ceremony. sam and jack get married that day, with hammond giving sam away, daniel and teal'c as best men, and cassie as maid of honor.

and they lived happily ever after!!!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        Spoiler:
        almost kiss

(i'm using spoilers because the first of this story is related to ripple effect)

< snipped the big honkin' white page because of the spoilers>
        sally
        Sally, I love it!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
          You guys were talking about Sam and Jack keeping their relationship on hold because they still have to save the world because I guess if they don't do it it won't get done; but look at this season, Jack is gone (sniff, sniff) and here comes Cameron to take his place. My point here being there are others capable of saving the world and this case in point should have shown that to them. Your right Sally I do think that this is a big plot hole in the relationship because it has been dragged out too long. I'm still even really having trouble figuring out what Teal'c is still doing on the team when his original mission seemed completed. (I haven't seen almost any of season nine so maybe this has been answered). I think that the biggest plot hole though has to be that if the team did break-up after Moebius then why didn't Jack and Sam get together then? I also have to say that I agree with another poster (I apologize I forgot who posted this) but I take only what I SEE as canon, so if we are to believe that Jack and Sam began a relationship after Moebius, off camera, I have no proof of that because nothing on screen since, has proven that fact, come on "not exactly"! Why is it that we always get to SEE the bad between Jack and Sam but we usually have to IMAGINE the good?
          fantastic post!

the parts that hit the hardest are the bolded parts. 8 years of waiting for one or both to not be on the same team or base, and we get WHAT?

lots of shows pick a pairing and then throw every obstacle they can think of to keep them apart as long as possible. stargate isn't any different than any other show, BUT... at least with some other shows, after they've tortured their shippers with 'others', they at least let their preferred pairing get together like they showed with one half of couple/other. still waiting on the sam/jack ROMANCE!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
            almost kiss

sally
            I like it too!
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

fantastic story Sally
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Lovely story, Sally.
                always and forever
                My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                  I've been reading with interest many of the theories posted over the last few days (spoiler, RE)
                  Spoiler:
                  regarding Jolinar's sudden emergence and S/J having problems etc. as ways of explaining the almost kiss. The way I am reconciling it in my mind is not to reconcile it at all. I can't. No way, no how. It's like a case of accounting fraud where there's no way that two disparate financial statements can be balanced or explained because one of them is just wrong.

I'm looking at s9 as some other people bought the franchise and they're turning out a poor imitation product. It's an entirely different show, and the actions of these characters have nothing to do with what went before. To me, it's not S/M/J or anyone else behaving badly, it's TPTB making poor management decisions that are beyond our ability to explain or reconcile or do anything about. My hat is off to those of you who can come up with these scenarios to explain Sam's action, but this is the only way I can do it. Once the bad management decisions get to be too upsetting, I'll just quit watching.
                  yes, sugarshaker.

you really explained it perfectly. how can anyone justify
                  Spoiler:
                  sg1 breaking up and then all of them going their own ways? and then coming back together so easily? and jack? JACK WHO? sam and jack danced around each other for 8 years (even hooking up with other ppl)... now they're free in every way to be together, so... WHAT HAPPENED?

there's too many bad decisions being handled with as much gentleness as a sledgehammer.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    almost kiss

Spoiler:
                    ijack thinks sam is ready to call it quits with him, but sam suprises him.

sally
                    That bit sounds pretty much identical to what I wrote in my epilogue. I was going to write the other stuff too, but decided to keep it very PG. I was thinking of a sequel, though....

Good work, though, Sal. Please, please write it, I'd love to read!!!!
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Haha. That's how it differs from mine, then.
                      There have been quite a few RE fics-some are better than others. IMO, Tracy Jane, yours was one of the best, because you dealt with that issue. I liked the recommendation I made for different reasons.
                      always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                        There have been quite a few RE fics-some are better than others. IMO, Tracy Jane, yours was one of the best, because you dealt with that issue.
                        Awwwwww. Thank you *blushes*

Comment

Awwwwww. Thank you *blushes*
                          No problem. Actually, talking of fics, I'm thinking of writing one myself. Not abour RE though. I think I might do something based on my shippy fantasies about the 200th episode assuming that
                          Spoiler:
                          RDA is the guest star in that episode
                          . I know we have absolutely no idea of actual plot from TPTB yet.

In any case, it may take a while for me to write this as I haven't written any fanfic in more than 20 years (my last attempts were for Dempsey and Makepeace and Moonlighting-before I even knew that such writing had a proper technical term!)
                          always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                            fantastic story Sally
                            can't rep ppl

thanks!

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

That bit sounds pretty much identical to what I wrote in my epilogue. I was going to write the other stuff too, but decided to keep it very PG. I was thinking of a sequel, though....

Good work, though, Sal. Please, please write it, I'd love to read!!!!
                              thanks, tj.

that's as much writing that's in me anymore. (show kind of sucked the writing part out of me)

on a side note: is anyone else scared of Smallville's BIG ep tonight?

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

BUMP!!!

Btw, Sally. If you don't want to write that fic, I'd love to have a go... full credit to you, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X