This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BlueIris - that's exactly how I feel

But I also think there were other reasons behind RDA's departure, and as his creative input has lessened, so had the overall quality of the show IMO

RDA brought that extra little spark, and that's been snuffed out too. And I think TPTB think the only way to maintain the show's 'hit' status is to reinvent it, so there's no trace left of RDA.

Hope that makes sense...does it?
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
      One of the things I kept wondering about
      Spoiler:
      too was that 2 people from different universes not co-existing thing. Did I miss something to explain that?
      It was a complete and utter cop out, that one. I spent ages when writing a fic, talking about
      Spoiler:
      using a vaccine to mask DNA, to fool the realities into thinking that only one person existed, therefore nullifying Entropic Cascade Failure.
      Personally, I thought mine was a work of genius, then canonically, they majorly cop out. And use my storyline of
      Spoiler:
      15 Carters
      to boot.

I know they weren't pinching stories, but it's really funny that this is the third time in my "season nine" thing I originally wrote two years ago, that things have ACTUALLY happened.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
        I've already quit watching...I only still run my website because I like watching the opd episodes

BTW - Waterfall - I was at a Travel fayre and there were loads of stands for your area there...picked up a few leaflets but it was out of my price range!

Well hun if you can get yourself here, you can sleep on my couch, rather than a hotel to save money.

waterfall

Comment

But I also think there were other reasons behind RDA's departure, and as his creative input has lessened, so had the overall quality of the show IMO

RDA brought that extra little spark, and that's been snuffed out too. And I think TPTB think the only way to maintain the show's 'hit' status is to reinvent it, so there's no trace left of RDA.

Makes perfect sense.

I really have no problem with reinventing, per se. Just the way they went about it. Add new characters, new stories, new procedures. But don't nullify the old.
          Last edited by blueiris; 23 January 2006, 02:19 PM.
          sigpic
          ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            It was a complete and utter cop out, that one. I spent ages when writing a fic, talking about
            Spoiler:
            using a vaccine to mask DNA, to fool the realities into thinking that only one person existed, therefore nullifying Entropic Cascade Failure.
            Personally, I thought mine was a work of genius, then canonically, they majorly cop out. And use my storyline of
            Spoiler:
            15 Carters
            to boot.

I know they weren't pinching stories, but it's really funny that this is the third time in my "season nine" thing I originally wrote two years ago, that things have ACTUALLY happened.
            Sounds like a cool fic, where can I find it??

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              Spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              15 Carters
              to boot.

Is Jack in your fic?????
              sigpic
              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

sort of... but i do like the new season... it is lacking a little without RDA, but i think that they are doing a good job!!!! just not with SJ
                ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
                  sort of... but i do like the new season... it is lacking a little without RDA, but i think that they are doing a good job!!!! just not with SJ
                  Ya know, I would be willing to give them a chance if they wouldn't keep throwing anti-S/J moments at me. If they don't want to deal with it, leave it alone.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ya know, I would be willing to give them a chance if they wouldn't keep throwing anti-S/J moments at me. If they don't want to deal with it, leave it alone.
                    couldnt have said it better!!!!!!

Comment

I have no idea what I am doing. I am brand new to any of this sort of thing. I don't call radio stations or reply on line to this sort of thing. But, I am curious about this. First, let me say that I am not what you would call a shipper in the purest sense of the word. I didn't even know what that meant until a few months ago. I started watching SG-1 about a year ago. After Monday Night Football ended I was channel surfing one Monday evening when I came across Stargate on Scifi. I had seen the movie some years before and wasn't very impressed. Kurt Russell was so tight he seemed about to explode and Spader was a little to geeky for me. But, I must confess that the TV show got me hooked fairly quickly. I bought all the 1-7 seasons and began to watch. I finished by the end of the summer and then ordered S8 from Amazon in August. Received it and finished by October. I was really angry that they included the edited version of Threads. I have since received the unedited version and have seen it. Much better.
                      Now, about my first and probably only post on this forum. Stagate SG-1 has turned out to be a surprisingly good show. It is more like a 120 hour movie than a series of short episodes. I think that the story very satisfactorily concluded with the end of season 8. I regretted that the creative forces decided to continue into a 9th season. I thought that this would be a big mistake and I believe that with the latest episode, Ripple Effect, they have succeeded in negating much of the previous 8 years. When, in effect, starting over with new characters blending in with old ones that there would be potential damage done to story lines and situations that would be detrimental to the shows continuity and logic. From the very beginning it was obvious that Sam and Jack were attracted to each other. They had great chemistry together, they knew it and developed it. Their romance was never intended to be more than a minor plotline. It was to be a low intensity love affair with plenty of angst and subdued passion. But, it had a higher impact on the audience than anticipated. I believe that the show has lasted longer than it should have because it captured the emotions of the general audience. Ran out of space. Will have to continue in other post.

Comment

WELCOME!!!!!!! please stay and chat with everyone!!!!

Comment

Yes, I guess I'm still a shipper.
                          I'll just believe in my little world that SG-1 ended at the end of season 8, because season 9 is just rubbish. The scientific stuff makes no sense, it's all fantasy.
                          That and what TPTB have done to a strong female lead character is just reprehensible!!!They've made her look like a dishonerable, scizophrenic bimbo who doesn't know what she wants and it's like hormones come in and brain goes out the window!!! WTF!?!?
                          The reason I'm so angry about RE is:
                          Spoiler:
                          that her counterpart was doing all the thinking and she was so all over Martouf that she couldn't think for herself, didn't come up with any ideas herself and was led by the nose by her counterpart

I'm just gonna chalk it up to a staff of all male writers that haven't got a clue about women.

From this woman, TPTB can (* a Mala creation)

waterfall

Comment

Hi SS.I said pretty much the same thing a couple of months ago.I mentioned the fact with
                            Spoiler:
                            Jack no longer on the Show the temptation would be to Ship Sam with someone else.I hope I am wrong but after the Sam/Martouf almost Kiss things do not look good.I still think the only hope may be if the ratings are bad that might cause a change in direction for Season 10.

Comment

Ditto

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                                Hi SS.I said pretty much the same thing a couple of months ago.I mentioned the fact with
                                Spoiler:
                                Jack no longer on the Show the temptation would be to Ship Sam with someone else.I hope I am wrong but after the Sam/Martouf almost Kiss things do not look good.I still think the only hope may be if the ratings are bad that might cause a change in direction for Season 10.
                                i hope so too!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X