This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jg-1
    Hi to my fellow shippers. I've not been around much lately. Not much to ship about in s9. I've just watched Ripple Effect (twice!) and thought I should add my two cents. I think
    Spoiler:
    the Martouf nearly kiss was a mistake and Sam realised it. Perhaps a combination of fatigue and the emotional overload. Sam seems to stop just before the kiss, and before noticing the Asgard. She has a look on her face that I think says she knows this is a mistake. She then thanks the Asgard for the interuption, ie, stopping her from making a BIG mistake!
    Well thats my take on it. Keep thinking happy thoughts.
    i hope you are right!
    i love this!
    another truly shiper
    sigpic

Comment

I'm going to watch RE again on Tuesday, i will be able to see the facial expressions than I can on squinty...I might have just read Sam's expression wrong.

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

I'm going to go up to bed early tonight and watch a good ol' shippy ep..
        The only problem is choosing which one........

Any ideas of which ep will be a good 'Post Ripple Effect' cure??

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
          I'm going to go up to bed early tonight and watch a good ol' shippy ep..
          The only problem is choosing which one........

Any ideas of which ep will be a good 'Post Ripple Effect' cure??
          LOST CITY my favorite
          HEROES
          VoO
          Divide & Conquer
          Moebius
          sigpic

Comment

Hey all

Thankies for all the Avatar feedback

For me, I've got another theory

Spoiler:
            The SG1 we saw in RE was not ours...it was an alternate Universe, and it was an alternate Sam that tried to kiss Martouf...

If I keep thinking that, I'll be okay
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
              LOST CITY my favorite
              HEROES
              VoO
              Divide & Conquer
              Moebius
              Well I haven't got Moebius on DVD so I can't watch that....D&C is always a good one, and Lost City & heroes but they are 2 hours WoO is a funny one tho'! Ahhh choices!

Thanks for the ideas

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Sam O Neill

Season 1
                - Broca Divide
                - Solitudes

Season Two
                - Message in a Bottle

Season Three
                - Point of View

Season Four
                - Divide and Conquer
                - Window of Opportunity
                - Beneath the Surface

S5 is almost ship-free

Season Six
                - Paradise Lost

Season Seven
                - Grace
                - Death Knell
                - Lost City

Season Eight
                - Threads
                - Moebius

That's off the top of my head, so there's plenty others
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Nooo! How can I choose just one episode! there are too many

Thank You

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Ok guys i'm off now, going to just do eeeny meeny miney mo on my dvds, see which on gets chosen

Thanks for all the ideas

Night Night

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      Right. Finally acquired the episode and I have my tuppence worth to add

Spoiler:
                      Firstly, the kiss. The whole damn scene didn't fit in. The way she was lurking behind Martouf, it felt to me like she was planning on trying to kiss him or take a chance or something. Especially with the earlier "curious" scene.

But, and let's get this straight. I get the feeling, from the reaction to the "long distance relationships" bit, that Sam is with Jack, but they're going through a rocky patch because they live so far away from each other. Sam's feeling a little lonely and unloved.

But that whole scene was off, and the Asgard timing was very off. I mean, I would have bought it far more if Sam had just come to her senses.

Next, I found Sam to be a little odd and out of character throughout the episode, not just that bit. To me, a lot of the time, she seemed a little like a rabbit in the headlights, but that might just be my impression. Having said that, she did have some great moments. What I'm trying to say, is don't worry about the near-kiss, because there was a lot of weird out of character stuff in there.

Thirdly, the Scam ship. Had Joe not mentioned it, I don't think I'd have noticed, except for the bit where Sam's going "what? you're just gonna lock them up for three weeks?" The bed bit never even struck me that way, not after JM (hallowed be! we owe that guy some favours) cleaned it up.

I think that's pretty much all I've got to say. The maternity leave bit was a cop out, but I think the audience can assume that by this point, Sam's wheedled it out of someone who her AU partner is. Even if not, assuming the previous bit about Sam and Jack being on the rocks atm, the reaction in her hug with Janet was perfect. She'd be happy and relieved, because it means that her relationship is safe.

If I get what you mean about
                      Spoiler:
                      "scam ship" , that is, if you mean the black Sam and Jack, like you I didn't see anything shippy between them and wonder why PDL thought they should be together from the script. Yes, If somehow that elevator scene Joe described had been left in, but it wasn't. Fans shouldn't think there's ship between them just because JM said there was a mistakedly made scene that was edited out.

How many teams did they say came through the gate? D'ya suppose Sam went from AU Sam to AU Sam to descreetly question them about who "she" was with in their universes?
                      Last edited by Gatetrixer; 22 January 2006, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Hmm, the Sam/Cam thing from the black teams universe just doesn't make sence. Teal'c said
                        Spoiler:
                        Carter had rejoined SG-1 following her honeymoon. Since we know Jacob/Selmac was alive and well in their universe we can assume "Threads" never happened - so Sam married Pete! Uhh -even worse!!!)

Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts!!!

Comment

I want to think like that Dex, I want to keep waiting in hope of ship but now that they've give us that I don't know how selective my memory can be. I've 'forgotten' too much already. I love SG and I want to keep watching but things just aren't right anymore and I really can't make sense of TPTB.
                          I haven’t watched any of season 9 yet I personally don’t want to support what the TPTB are doing, don’t want to be depressed shipper and fan yet either.

Nooo! How can I choose just one episode! there are too many

Thank You
                          Just for the heck of it here are some more

There But For The Grace Of God-AU Sam/Jack
                          Point Of View-AU again

Sort of shippy…
                          Ascension-pizza and glances
                          Fail Safe-touch twice! probably an episode world record
                          Proving Ground-Jello!
                          Desperate Measures-Jack saves the day

Comment

Originally posted by jg-1
                            Hmm, the Sam/Cam thing from the black teams universe just doesn't make sence. Teal'c said
                            Spoiler:
                            Carter had rejoined SG-1 following her honeymoon. Since we know Jacob/Selmac was alive and well in their universe we can assume "Threads" never happened - so Sam married Pete! Uhh -even worse!!!)

Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts!!!

No, no, no. Please no. Anyway, Sam
                            Spoiler:
                            didn't know Jacob was dying when she went to Jack's house to tell him she thought she was making a big mistake and there was a very good reason she was telling him that info.. So Jacob wouldn't have to die to have her come to her senses.

Comment

Ficrec: " Best of All", by Toulouse www.montrose.net/toulouse/bestofall.html

This is a kind of a sequel to "Dancing on the Volcano." It is poignant in a way because if Sam and Jack were together in spite of the regs, they would not be able to go places, etc. like a normal couple in love. (And I don't think anything is snobbier than fly-fishing, which is part of the story, but..well, maybe wine snobs)

Don't know, maybe most of you have read this story, but if you haven't and do so now-- take the time to read the opinions and info in Toulouse's site:www.montrose.net/toulouse. Although, several years old, funny and informative.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                i know!

that was not only wrong, it was creepy.

and please tell me if i'm wrong, but didn't janet
                                Spoiler:
                                die 2 years ago, not 3?

did anyone else wish that we found out last night that one of those alternates were *really* our ppl? it would have solved a lot of our issues with our of character writing this season...

sally
                                Maybe we all woke up one morning in the wrong reality!!
                                sigpic
                                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Working...
                                X