X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    Sally one minute I say there is no way
    Spoiler:
    TPTB will Ship Sam/Cam Together and the next I think TPTB just might.Things have been so crazy this Season it's hard to rule out anything.

you know, ses, you're right. must be ready for ALL possibilities!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Possible spoilers
      Spoiler:

I guess for me I have to say that I am confused; do you guys think that TPTB would really keep the question of whom Sam is with (if anyone) alive only to never really answer it? I mean what would be the point? It seems like they are going out of their way now to reference her questionable relationship. The confusing part is then what was "Threads" all about? I mean I see the point being made that TPTB are cleaning house so to speak and yes for those that were concerned about Orlin and now Martouf those fires have now been put out; but wasn't Sams conflict whether she was really in love with Jack, and he her, or whether she loved Pete? (I still could kick Kerry for interrupting Sam when she said "there is really a very good reason why I am bothering you with this and if I don't tell you now I might never....." Wouldn't you have just loved to have heard that full conversation?) I guess my whole point here is (and yes I do have one, I think) by Sam calling off her marriage to Pete (boy that felt good) then wasn't the question answered? Don't get me wrong I think the way TPTB did it sucked, no romance between Jack and Sam, but the question was ultimately answered then, wasn't it? So why then would TPTB now be so vague, what is the point? I guess this is where my hope still lies that Jack will be making another appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
        Possible spoilers
        Spoiler:

I guess for me I have to say that I am confused; do you guys think that TPTB would really keep the question of whom Sam is with (if anyone) alive only to never really answer it? I mean what would be the point? It seems like they are going out of their way now to reference her questionable relationship. The confusing part is then what was "Threads" all about? I mean I see the point being made that TPTB are cleaning house so to speak and yes for those that were concerned about Orlin and now Martouf those fires have now been put out; but wasn't Sams conflict whether she was really in love with Jack, and he her, or whether she loved Pete? (I still could kick Kerry for interrupting Sam when she said "there is really a very good reason why I am bothering you with this and if I don't tell you now I might never....." Wouldn't you have just loved to have heard that full conversation?) I guess my whole point here is (and yes I do have one, I think) by Sam calling off her marriage to Pete (boy that felt good) then wasn't the question answered? Don't get me wrong I think the way TPTB did it sucked, no romance between Jack and Sam, but the question was ultimately answered then, wasn't it? So why then would TPTB now be so vague, what is the point? I guess this is where my hope still lies that Jack will be making another appearance.
        Yep, Threads set the groundwork for something we have yet to see and I sure hope we will see something!!! Otherwise, what was the point? That said, my inclination is to give TPTB some rope and hope they don't hang themselves before The Resolution!! Oh, as if we have a choice. TPTB do what they do. Frustrates me but they gave us Threads. They gave us Threads!!! **skips away to fantasy place to watch Sam and Jack in their happy world**
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
          I'm happy for the people who are still optimistic/hopeful for Sam/Jack ship. That's really great. I wish that I could be one of them.

Small spoilers for Ripple Effect

Spoiler:
          First off let me say that I actually REALLy enjoyed Ripple Effect. It's the only episode this season that I've watched twice. It was the first episode where the team actually felt like a team to me. They really gelled in this ep.

That said the stuff with Sam was pretty much the final straw for me. This ep was once again the perfect opportunity for TPTB to throw us a line. One fricking throwaway line to say Sam and Jack are together. Or aren't. Once again they've chosen to give us sly references to some mystery guy who could be Jack. Or Pete. Or some guy who runs a hotdog stand by Cheyenne Mountain. Or even...sorry...I'm fighting my gag reflex while I type this...Cameron. Don't get me wrong. I love Ben Browder and the Mitchell character has really grown on me in the last few eps. However them shipping her wth Cam wiill only go to prove what many having been saying all along. It's formula to hook up the two leads. Nothing else.

I have this image in my head of TPTB as puppetmasters dangling us by their marionette strings while cackling "Dance puppets dance!". I don't have anything against them. They're doing their jobs and I certainly don't think that they're sitting around thinking of ways to foil the Sam/Jack relationship. They're trying their best and trying to keep everybody happy on all sides. It's a tough thing to do and I couldn't do their jobs. Still this puppet is cutting her strings. Me and romance on Stargate are done. I'm sitting it down and having "the talk". Hopefully we can still be friends.
          Very well said!! I liked the episode too, but by the end the Shipper in me felt sort of, well, mocked.
          Spoiler:
          Sam would ask who alts of her were with and someone would interrupt before the answer. Who do alt Sams always end up with?! I did notice that Daniel didn't ask 'With who?' after Teal'c says she returned to SG-1 after her honeymoon.
          sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
            I feel like the shippers have turned into 21st century pyramid builders . . .

You know . . .

People with diminishing goals!

Original building plan: a big square building

Every time TPTB shaft us, what we'll be content with is less and less. Well, darnit, I'm not going to be happy until I have my real-time, real-life, real-universe kiss!!
            I hate to be a doomsayer, but you might as well stick a period after the word happy. I have.
            sigpic
            ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

nickatell I'am not sure if this makes sense but maybe
              Spoiler:
              TPTB are bringing in all these Man Friends and not giving us any Sam/Jack Ship because they want to make it look like Sam/Jack are over and then surprise us with the Sam/Jack resolution.I doubt many people would be surprised.I'am just reaching here because I cannot figure out what's going on.The way the Sam character has been acting makes no sense.

Comment

It's well know how
                Spoiler:
                MS feels about Ship and it may be carrying over to the Daniel character.

Comment

It's well know how
                  Spoiler:
                  MS feels about Ship and it may be carrying over to the Daniel character.
                  It is not well known to me. How does MS feel about ship?
                  sigpic
                  ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                    It is not well known to me. How does MS feel about ship?
                    I think MS is against the ship because he feels that it detracts from his story time.
                    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                      I finally watched the RE(and haven't rewatched at all) and thought that it probably wasn't the first time she had heard it when Tealc mentioned it.
                      Spoiler:
                      Really don't understand why Selmak is mentioned by himself, though, unless he and Jacob are not "together." Although, didn't the black team mention them at the same time, so why would they do that if Jacob and Selmak weren't? All I can say is it's a good thing they concentrated on just two of the AU teams
                      or this ep would have been the most confusing of all time.

I apologize for not using spoilers the first time around.
                      Perhaps they didn't mention
                      Spoiler:
                      Jacob's name in the briefing with our Sam in consideration of her feelings.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                        I think MS is against the ship because he feels that it detracts from his story time.
                        Can't have that, now can we.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                          Any ship(even his) or just ship by other characters with each other?

Comment

MS does not like any Ship.Even for his character.It is rumored the Sam/Jack Ship was one of the reasons MS left.MS likes action and adventure.He though the Series should have been a Daniel/Jack Buddy Show.

Comment

MS does not like any Ship.Even for his character.It is rumored the Sam/Jack Ship was one of the reasons MS left.MS likes action and adventure.He though the Series should have been a Daniel/Jack Buddy Show.
                              hmm...i like shihp... it makes shows seem more real...most of the time
                              ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Let's quell any concerns in this regard....Maybe MS feels that way but remember he is an actor not a writer/producer/director. So, variations of Ship have been written throughout the years regardless of MS's feelings or opinions. I seriously doubt that the dearth of Ship this season is a product of MS's preference. If only it were that simple.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X