X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueiris
    Just watched the episode again and
    Spoiler:
    another thing about the Sam/Martouf moment, when Sam was asking who Martouf's reality Sam was with, why couldn't she have had a little knowing look. Nope. She seemed completely oblivious to any logical answer: Jack! Don't get me wrong. I think it was Jack.
    But why does every give have to come equipped with a take?
    Easy answer to that.
    Spoiler:
    our Sam is with Jack. Happily with Jack. So she wants this AU Sam to be with Jack too. But Dr Lee said that the AUs were very close to our own. Remember that she was engaged to Pete, and before that to Jonas. Realistically, an AU Sam could have married either of those two,
    so I'm sure Sam WAS confused.

But it doesn't matter because Sam and Jack are together in our reality. Think Teal'c from Point Of View
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

One thing I will say, at least Martouf and Narim truly loved and respected Sam for who and what she is: an incredible intelligent capable woman who also happens to be attractive. I could have almost lived with one of them "getting the girl". Neither of them would have stalked, spied upon, and totally disregarded her limitations of openness regarding her occupation. They respected her, Spud did not. That is the huge difference and I think why we had such a repugnance for the relationship.
      Spoiler:
      at least no one said she was with Spud Boy or she didn't almost kiss him. Yuck!

Comment

It is really hard to root for these
        Spoiler:
        Guest characters because so much is focused on there attraction to Sam.It's like it is there Number 1 purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
          One thing I will say, at least Martouf and Narim truly loved and respected Sam for who and what she is: an incredible intelligent capable woman who also happens to be attractive. I could have almost lived with one of them "getting the girl". Neither of them would have stalked, spied upon, and totally disregarded her limitations of openness regarding her occupation. They respected her, Spud did not. That is the huge difference and I think why we had such a repugnance for the relationship.
          Spoiler:
          But the thing with Martouf is, that it isn't sure if he loved her because of who she is, or because of Jolinar. He said he didn't only LIKE her for Jolinar, but would he love her if she hadn't been Jolinar's host?
          There's a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizzare and inexplicable.

There's another theory which states that this has already happened.

Douglas Adams

Please excuse my mistakes, I'm from Germany and my English isn't so good

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            Easy answer to that.
            Spoiler:
            our Sam is with Jack. Happily with Jack. So she wants this AU Sam to be with Jack too. But Dr Lee said that the AUs were very close to our own. Remember that she was engaged to Pete, and before that to Jonas. Realistically, an AU Sam could have married either of those two,
            so I'm sure Sam WAS confused.

But it doesn't matter because Sam and Jack are together in our reality. Think Teal'c from Point Of View
            Good point. Although, as I said before, I think all AU mating must end the same for people to have evolved as the same people from reality to reality. But I guess in sci-fi you just have to go with the flow sometimes. So this explanation of
            Spoiler:
            Sam's confusion satisfies me for now.
            sigpic
            ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Spoiler:
              Yep!!! This could have been a lot worse!!
              sigpic

Comment

I forget the name of the ep but when the Tok'ra base was being destroyed, Lantash went into Elliot (I think that was his name) and he said that Martouf did love Sam for her and not just for the remnant of Jolinar. Lantash wouldn't lie and there was nothing to be gained by a lie. That is why I say Martouf did love her for her.

Comment

Oh, sorry, forgot about that.
                  There's a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizzare and inexplicable.

Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Nina
                    But the thing with Martouf is, that it isn't sure if he loved her because of who she is, or because of Jolinar. He said he didn't only LIKE her for Jolinar, but would he love her if she hadn't been Jolinar's host?
                    I always felt that Martouf as his human self cared for Sam, not just Jolinar. Perhaps the attraction started out as spilled over Jolinar affection, but I really think he cared for her. Sam, I think was more confused with her attraction to him, which I believe was only as a result of Jolinar on that deeper love level. I think that led Sam to have deep feelings of friendship love for Martouf, even if she didn't have time to explore it completely.
                    Spoiler:
                    I think any relationship between Sam and Martour would have probably ended just as the AU relationship ended: Sam realizing that she loved him as a friend and that Jack was the love of her life. I believe that is how that relationship played out even if they didn't say Jack's name.
                    sigpic
                    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

I forget the name of the ep but when the Tok'ra base was being destroyed, Lantash went into Elliot (I think that was his name) and he said that Martouf did love Sam for her and not just for the remnant of Jolinar. Lantash wouldn't lie and there was nothing to be gained by a lie. That is why I say Martouf did love her for her.
                      I'm fine with unrequited love! Martouf loves Sam. Fine. But, Sam loves Jack. Better!!
                      sigpic

Comment

**waves** scroll back one page and tell me what you think about my RE impression?? It's positive!! May boost some spirits!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Nina, I couldn't agree more. That's why she told Narim that she couldn't have any sort of relationship until she sorted out who's feelings were who's. And he RESPECTED her for it. And so did I.

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                            I always felt that Martouf as his human self cared for Sam, not just Jolinar. Perhaps the attraction started out as spilled over Jolinar affection, but I really think he cared for her. Sam, I think was more confused with her attraction to him, which I believe was only as a result of Jolinar on that deeper love level. I think that led Sam to have deep feelings of friendship love for Martouf, even if she didn't have time to explore it completely.
                            Spoiler:
                            I think any relationship between Sam and Martour would have probably ended just as the AU relationship ended: Sam realizing that she loved him as a friend and that Jack was the love of her life. I believe that is how that relationship played out even if they didn't say Jack's name.
                            That's another possibility, yeah.

I forget the name of the ep but when the Tok'ra base was being destroyed, Lantash went into Elliot (I think that was his name) and he said that Martouf did love Sam for her and not just for the remnant of Jolinar. Lantash wouldn't lie and there was nothing to be gained by a lie. That is why I say Martouf did love her for he
                            The Episode was season 5: "Last Stand", I think.

Douglas Adams

Comment

I'll take characters like Apophis and Mayborne and Anubis any Day.They had a real purpose.No
                              Spoiler:
                              confusion and no falling at the Feet of Sam.

Comment

But they want her as a host for their queens sometimes...

Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X