Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm working on a fic for Ripple Effect too.

gotta dash
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

No more negative posts?

Well, IF the show decides to give us something concrete instead of "could be", or " we'll leave it up to interpretation." We are already in a fantasy world called TV. Now, some people expect us to imagine a fantasy within a fantasy. The show is the way it is written.

Last nights show simply reinforced that TPTB see Sam and Jack as a joke. They MAY have a resolution but it will not be until the very LAST moment and ,even then, like Threads, I believe it will be left open.

See what you want to see. My read is that they gave EVERYBODY an episode that they could enjoy: loved characters, team interaction, emotions, a well written episode EXCEPT to Sam and Jack fans. Once again, for whatever reason, they chose to leave it vague and controversial.

Comment

What rating? 'Cause I'd like to read it...and can't if it's to high...
        There's a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizzare and inexplicable.

There's another theory which states that this has already happened.

Douglas Adams

Please excuse my mistakes, I'm from Germany and my English isn't so good

Comment

I've been thinking about this ep and thread ever since it aired last night.
          Spoiler:
          I still maintain that S&J are blessedly together. When Martouf was explaining that in his reality their relationship suffered from the distance. He said that it was difficult to maintain a long distance relationship. Sam got an understanding look on her face that to me said "you ain't tellin' me nuthin' I don't know". For me that was absolute finite and irrefutable evidence that S&J are deeply committed. I still say that the almost kiss was not as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be. However, I do agree and was also a bit taken aback at the lack of reaction to the Selmac thing. That hurt me much more than the S/M thing.

Comment

No more negative posts?

Well, IF the show decides to give us something concrete instead of "could be", or " we'll leave it up to interpretation." We are already in a fantasy world called TV. Now, some people expect us to imagine a fantasy within a fantasy. The show is the way it is written.

Last nights show simply reinforced that TPTB see Sam and Jack as a joke. They MAY have a resolution but it will not be until the very LAST moment and ,even then, like Threads, I believe it will be left open.

See what you want to see. My read is that they gave EVERYBODY an episode that they could enjoy: loved characters, team interaction, emotions, a well written episode EXCEPT to Sam and Jack fans. Once again, for whatever reason, they chose to leave it vague and controversial.
            Well, haven't seen it, but read your posts, and I don't think it was just because of the lack of S/J. Sam not talking with Janet. Janet don't getting an answer of her question where Jack is. And the list goes on and on.
            There's a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizzare and inexplicable.

Douglas Adams

Comment

I look forward to reading it.The thing that is so tough about the
              Spoiler:
              Sam/Martouf almost Kiss is Jack I believe only kissed 3 Woman on the Show.There was Kynthia and Jack was Drugged.There was Laira and Jack though he was never getting Home.These 2 things also happened before the D&C episode in Season 4.Then Kerry and only after Sam was Engaged.It seems Jack knows what he wants and Sam is still struggling at times.I did not mean for this to be a Bash Sam post.

Comment

Hey, didn't think of that. But you're right, she seems a bit undecided, doesn't know what she wants or not...

Douglas Adams

Comment

Sam should
                  Spoiler:
                  know what she wants by now.Sam broke it off with Pete and went to Talk to Jack about her Feelings for Jack before Kerry interrupted.I'am not sure why Sam should be confused at this point? If Sam is in Love with Jack Sam needs to put a Stop to anyone of her Man Friends and let them know she is not available.How would Sam feel if Laira put the moves on Jack and Jack almost Kissed Laira?Sam needs to stop worrying about hurting everyone Feeling and think about Jack's Feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                    I look forward to reading it.The thing that is so tough about the
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam/Martouf almost Kiss is Jack I believe only kissed 3 Woman on the Show.There was Kynthia and Jack was Drugged.There was Laira and Jack though he was never getting Home.These 2 things also happened before the D&C episode in Season 4.Then Kerry and only after Sam was Engaged.It seems Jack knows what he wants and Sam is still struggling at times.I did not mean for this to be a Bash Sam post.
                    But think about it. In a way, Sam is probably flattered and unacustomed to all the attention. She was a geek at school and probably got bullied somewhat. She's also very kind and sensitive towards people. I don't think she wants to upset anyone or hurt anyone's feelings.

She's incredibly aware of the regs, and although Jack has, to a certain extent a "Screw the Regs" attitude, he does look to the future, he knows he'll retire soon etc. Sam, she's so focused in the moment, looking at her work and everything else, she doesn't see the future in her and Jack. She tries to get on with her life.

That's my impression.
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      But think about it. In a way, Sam is probably flattered and unacustomed to all the attention. She was a geek at school and probably got bullied somewhat. She's also very kind and sensitive towards people. I don't think she wants to upset anyone or hurt anyone's feelings.

She's incredibly aware of the regs, and although Jack has, to a certain extent a "Screw the Regs" attitude, he does look to the future, he knows he'll retire soon etc. Sam, she's so focused in the moment, looking at her work and everything else, she doesn't see the future in her and Jack. She tries to get on with her life.

That's my impression.
                      Honey!
                      Sounds like a TITANIC!
                      Sounds like a S&J NOT TOGETHER!
                      This epi huge antiship S&J
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                        Honey!
                        Sounds like a TITANIC!
                        Sounds like a S&J NOT TOGETHER!
                        This epi huge antiship S&J
                        My goodness! We have the attention span of a Goldfish in here today

This ship is not the Titanic. We are NOT gonna sink.

It's not over til the little grey man sings.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Very good points.I think
                          Spoiler:
                          Sam could still be kind and sensitive it's just IMO Sam needs to be firm when she is approached by someone who is interested in her.If Sam and Jack are Together or Sam is in Love with Jack Sam needs to make it clear she is unavailable.If Sam and Jack are not together or they broke up TPTB need to let everyone know so Sam does not look so bad.It was so hard typing that sentence.I think caring about Sam looking bad is the furthest thing from TPTB minds.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            My goodness! We have the attention span of a Goldfish in here today

This ship is not the Titanic. We are NOT gonna sink.

It's not over til the little grey man sings.

I only comment your post honey
                            sigpic

Comment

Goodness, there certainly are a lot of us this morning. Well, morning for me.

Comment

Late afternoon/Evening. It's 17:45 in Germany.

Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X