This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MirthMistress
    I've tried everything from open pouting to pretending that it is an entirely different show. No dice, it's just not that interesting of a show. The characters are rather flat and one dimentional, I keep drawing on past character development to fill in the gaps. (Sighs longingly) The rates don't matter to TPTB because they live under rocks and never see the light of day.
    Yeah, you know its like they decided to give Vala the personality(over done it I might add), and then make every one else about as interesting as dry toast.

Poor Teal'c and Sam. Teal'c doesn't get a speaking line unless its a Jaffa story and Sam was reduced to Orlin's babysitter.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I know this has been talked to death but I'm watching Affinity right now. Guess I'm just a glutton for punishment.
      Spoilers?
      But anyway, we just passed the whole Jack/ring scene and it hit me that when Sam asks if things had been different and he says "I wouldn't be here" what he means is that if things had been different then he wouldn't be there talking with the woman he loves about her possible engagement to another man. He would be with her. BTW how do I do the highlight spoiler thingy? It's a little confusing on the FAQ section.
      [ spoiler ] text [ /spoiler ] except without the space between the brackets and the word spoiler.
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Spoiler:
        thanks!

Thanks! Let's see if I got it right.

Comment

Hooray! I got it right. Thanks a lot.

Comment

to keep us all spoiler free just do this; [spoilers.] blah blah blah [/spoilers.]

just remove the . from inside the brackets and it'll end up like this;

blah blah blah

if you're still unsure then go to reply to this message, click on the quote original post option, and click on the go advanced button. then just read between the lines where it quotes my post. hope this helps

EDIT: nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
              i've just been further reviewing the ratings, and it turns out the lowest rated show with ship in it was sight unseen, with 1.6 (but it got a 2.8 in syndication so i'm not sure if it counts)

its actually funny, a lot of the ones that rated better than the others, are ones that a lot of fans hate. and the further back you go, it seems the lower the ratings get. although this is on the initial sci fi rating, and they do considerably better in syndication. if anyone cares enough i can post a table showing the ratings comparison, with a note as to whether the ep had any ship or not. but only if people want me to. i actually hate that those ratings can be used to judge a show.

shippy ones tend to do ok in them though, so they aren't all evil
              In the U.S. the first five years were on pay cable, so I never saw it until it was in syndication and it moved to the Sci-Fi channel.

So are these ratings just of the U.S. audience? Doesn't seem fair.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

as far as i know they are just the U.S ratings. i think you guys call them the neelson ratings? or something like that.

they're totally unfair, and unreliable. i saw an episode of rosanne once where they got one of those boxes to attach to the tv for a week so that they could be one of the houses that they used to judge the ratings, and they spent the whole week with rosanne forcing them to watch documentaries, so that they were "smart". ya gotta wonder how true to life that really is.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  I really think that if Ripple Effect airs without one mention of
                  Spoiler:
                  Jack, that the show will truely have jumped the shark

So did anyone like my vid...or should I stick to my day job?
                  First of all, something positive: Your vid is great! I tried to green you but couldn't. I never cease to be amazed by your talent.

As to jumping the shark, I agree......escept I think it's already happened. Here's where:

Spoiler:

First ep of the year--CM is made team leader of SG-1. That directly contradicts Jack's discussion with the team in S8's Lockdown. He was talking about the highly decorated Russian soldier who had arrived and asked to be assigned to SG-1. Jack's reax (paraphrased) was, "I don't care what he's done, or how many medals he has. Until he gets training, he's not going anywhere near that gate!"

That's where they jumped the shark.....and that's why they didn't show Lockdown on the S8 marathon right before S9 started. Shark jumped!

Ok.....rant over.....

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                    This is kind of OT but I was just visiting another site and saw a blurb about Ripple Effect. It said it was about parallel universes. Nothing new there. It also said that it looks into how things would have changed had certain events changed ie: if Daniel had died in Heros. People have been asking about Jack in this episode. What if they encounter universes where Jack was killed instead of Janet. That would explain why Janet was there and why Jack is not. A convenient way to not have him in the episode.
                    But surely they don't expect us to believe that
                    Spoiler:
                    Jack was killed or didn't join the program in EVERY alternate reality, do they????? That would be very unrealistic!

I'm sure that the ratings do matter but they seem not to be able to connect the dots of better characters = better ratings. I wouldn't mind so much if the characters were rich and full the way they used to be. Sure, I'd miss Jack but I stayed with the show when Daniel left. I wept buckets when he died but willingly admit that Jonas Quinn was an asset. His character was well written. That's what's missing now. Everyone seems uncomfortable with the scripts and themselves. It's kind of sad in a way.
                    It is sad. It just hasn't come together as it should. I don't sense four teammates, each playing important roles. I sense four actors, uncomfortable in their environment.
                    Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 19 January 2006, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Yep. Shark jumped.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                        The higher ratings at the beginning could be from the people giving the new season a chance. But by the 6th ep, they lost interest. I watched the first 3, then decided I had enough of the Daniel/Vala hour so I skipped the next 2.
                        I think Rogue is probably right about this.....

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          But surely they don't expect us to believe that
                          Spoiler:
                          Jack was killed or didn't join the program in EVERY alternate reality, do they????? That would be very unrealistic!
                          hey, daniels dead in every AU isn't he? sam and jack are together in every AU (not complaining), the goa'uld invade earth in them, i'm guessing its going to be more a case of jack was promoted, is in charge of the base, retired, or most likely just won't be mentioned.

Comment

Night. Catch you all later.

Comment

If Jack is not mention in Ripple Effect after last Weeks ratings were bad things could really go South.I've heard people on another Thread say the ratings were down last week because the networks were airing a couple of new Shows.That may be True.I still think a large number of Fans have stopped watching and many Fans may think about it if Jack is not mentioned in Ripple Effect.I just get a sense they many Fans are on the verge of moving on.I just do not remember these big rating drops before this Season.

Comment

FCOL......Spoiler Tags people, PLEASE!
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X