Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well from what I understand it's usually pretty much equal parts booing and cheering. Last year when they asked how many shippers were in the audience it was probably a bit less than half the audience. But, no, ship questions aren't the only ones that get booed. When Shadow asked a Sam/Pete question at Gatecon few years back she got boo/cheered as well. And sometimes people who have been to a million cons will get touchy it someone asks a question that's been asked a million times before. Last year in Vancouver, which was my first con, somebody asked about the puff n' ruffle (which I'd heard about even though I'd never been to a con) and the audience let out a collective groan and Chris and Michael said that they wouldn't do it any more. That's why I think it takes some serious guts to get up there and ask a question.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      I'd say that's probably THE reason. Same as people who don't like RDA blame RDA for the show's shortcomings...the people that don't like MS blame MS for the show's shortcomings...yadda yadda....

BTW - I'm making my first Music video...watch this space
      Well, get on with it girl, I'm space -watching....any clue as to song?
      Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
        Thank You What have you done your Ph.D in? 4 years is a long time!
        20th century British labour movement history and 4 years seems like forever! Especially as I typed the whole 80,000 word thesis with 1 finger-the index finger on my left hand. My awful co-ordination has never let me learn to type properly, so I'd be stuffed if I ever broke that finger!

Anyway, I think booing at conventions is a bit of an extreme reaction. I can understand a colective groan to a certain extent if you've heard the same question billions of times.
        always and forever
        My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
        My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

MichelleB - It's 'Hum Drum' by the Corrs, from the Album 'Borrowed Heaven'...currently about a third of the way through. BEWARE It's Sam/Pete and Sam/Jack!
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

michelleb I'am not surprised you did not get booed.The Shipper question was about Daniel.Like parsifal said Sam/Jack is a convenient scapegoat for the Show.RDA and AT can do a whole episode without being in the same scene and someone will say the epsiode did not work because the Sam/Jack Ship.

Comment

Your right about S/J being cannon sueKay.I got in a little argument with someone on another Thread about S/J being Cannon.I guess the old saying rings true.The Truth hurts.

Comment

MichelleB - It's 'Hum Drum' by the Corrs, from the Album 'Borrowed Heaven'...currently about a third of the way through. BEWARE It's Sam/Pete and Sam/Jack!
                sam/pete? AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i have to go to sleep with that imge in my head!

only kiddin, i'm sure it'll be great
                Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

((((((((shippers))))))))

I had every intention of watching a Reckoning, Threads and Moebius marathon yesterday, but naturally RL got in the way. However, I did watch Threads for the first time since it aired almost a year ago, and I have to say that I really, really enjoyed it. The last couple of years have been so tumultuous ship-wise, and I think that time has helped me to put it all in perspective. Yes, I will always have regrets about elements of Grace, all of Chimera, most of Affinity, and several other episodes, and I'll always regret that we didn't SEE more of S & J coming together, but after watching Threads, I felt that I had made my peace with Stargate. I think I'll have no trouble going back and watching seasons 1 - 4 now because I KNOW in my heart that they ended up together. (It will probably be harder now to go back and see Janet, knowing what happens. )

Anyway, I can't really explain why I feel this way except to say that I do and it feels pretty good. I STILL hope that at the series end, we'll get some further confirmation that they are a couple. That will be the icing on the cake.

sigpic
                  s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

MichelleB - Here's the Lyrics...they'll give you a better sense of what the vid's about...

...if my comp co-operates that is!

Hey you're too true to be good
                    And I'm too bad to pretend
                    Transparent and transfixed, I'm uncool

Heart beat you're looking at me
                    Must stop I'm letting you see
                    This isn't how I want to be

I have visions like no other
                    So romantic you'll discover

I wanna take you for granted
                    Drift while you're talking
                    Bathe while you're downstairs
                    And chat on the phone

Fall asleep before bedtime
                    Pass in the hallway
                    Forget your birthday
                    And shrink all your clothes

(I wanna)

This is every girl's dream
                    No milk left for your tea
                    Baby's crying louder than me
                    Who lost the keys of your car
                    Sorry that would be me
                    I'd wake up only I'm not asleep

I have daydreams of another

And chat on the phone

Pass in the hallway
                    Forget your birthday

(I wanna)
                    (I wanna)

I have visions like no other

And chat on the phone

Pass in the hallway
                    Forget your birthday

Let me take you for granted
                    And chat on the phone

Pass in the hallway
                    Forget your birthday

(I wanna)
                    (I wanna)
                    sigpic

Comment

MichelleB - Here's the Lyrics...they'll give you a better sense of what the vid's about...

...if my comp co-operates that is!
                      (snip)
                      SueKay, that's one of my fave corrs songs. I love it. I got the opportunity to go to a concert in Hamburg, and that was the first time I heard the song. It really made me smile.

But it's supposed to be a negative song, not positive. I don't see that personally. Oh well.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

You don't fool me, Stargate Barbie! I know you just like to drool over my sig!

sigpic
                        s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                          You don't fool me, Stargate Barbie! I know you just like to drool over my sig!
                          this is true. i'm so happy you posted here today!

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
                            A bachelor's degree is required to become an officer. I think there may be some sort of roundabout requirement to be a warrant officer but to be an officer in the Air Force a college degree is necessary.
                            Welcome, MirthMistress!
                            All shippers welcome here!

Comment

Tracy - I'm taking it as being from a Sam/Pete angle, with Sam wishing she was with Jack

Lucky you! I LOVE the Corrs...but I had a choice...Go to a Convention...or Corrs concert...they were the same day!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                                A certificate from the AF Academy for academic excellence and an engineering degree was on Jack's wall when he was a general.

ship sistah
                                Aren't you observant? Engineering.....I wouldn't have pegged him for that, seeing how confused he gets at techno-babble.

However, I did notice something while rewatching The First Commandment last night. Jack actually used the word, "sychophant," to describe Jonas Hanson. That's no dummy word.

Comment

Working...
                                X