• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
    A long fic I like:

Kaleidoscope, by A.M. Richardson
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1716221/1/
    yes-that is a good one
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by yeahsureyabetcha
      Hey everyone....I'm kind of new...I joined a while back but then began my student teaching and well needless to say all work and no play...I'm still teaching, with my own class but hopefully I can organize better. Enough about me...
      Possible spoilers....

I am a Jack/Sam shipper, and Sheppard/Weir, but that's a different thread. I read that Sam may be on Atlantis more next year...so I've been harboring this idea that Sam and Jack have this relationship going, even if it is just friends right now...but going away to Atlantis means more of her and McKay...anyone else have thoughts or concerns...or know about the scheduling??
      Welcome yeahsurehabetcha!

It's not been finalized as to how many episodes Sam will be on Atlantis. I have no worries about Sam and McKay. Jack and Sam are so together. And she can be back on Earth in no-time. Atlantis can get to Earth through the Stargate. It takes the Deadalus to get from Earth to Atlantis.

sigpic

Comment

I'm not really worried about McKay being a problem. He has no pull on Sam. McKay has nothing on Jack. McKay will just be good for a little bantering. It would probably mainly be McKay kinda pining for Sam. We know that nothing serious would actually happen with him. That would just be unheard of.
        http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
        Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

spoilers for the most recent csi miami ep with david deluise

Spoiler:
          david played a real sleezy character. who's name was paul saunders... initials, ps. PS. hello!

his character was murdered, but i thought the 'reason' why was pretty stupid. anyhoo, his character was a total jerk. THIS is how i saw pete
          by the end of chimera!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
            greetings shippers i come bearin' some shiny prezzys.. credit to me... snurch if ya want.

S/J WP: (linked due to size)
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ys/S-n-JWP.jpg

S/J siggy:

enjoy!
            CKO Thanks for the lovely pic!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ranchan2
              I'm not really worried about McKay being a problem. He has no pull on Sam. McKay has nothing on Jack. McKay will just be good for a little bantering. It would probably mainly be McKay kinda pining for Sam. We know that nothing serious would actually happen with him. That would just be unheard of.
              Sam and McKay? The lady who is a sharp shooter, grenade throwing sun blower-upper Sam? And why would she be attracted to McKay because~~~~~~~he can blow up like a blowfish by eating lemons,.... I know he can out eat Jack! Yeh that's it! I prefer Sam running off with an Baal, at least he has a personality!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

(snipped)

She pointed a whole bunch of positive things out, and some shippers still choose to be so ticked off that they refuse to see the positive stuff, even when it is there. Why? Because it's not good enough. Well, okay, maybe it's not entirely good enough. But that doesn't mean it wasn't there, or that it wasn't something positive with respect to the Sam/Jack shipper storyline.

Glass half-full; glass half-empty. I guess it all boils down to that, even here. I appreciate your PM, sacme, I do. And your post. But if you don't have any hope whatsoever for the future, then really, what is there to say?

mini

i think the biggest problem for some of us is how long we've been hoping and praying and waiting and expecting and hoping and fanwanking and desiring and wishing and expecting and waiting and hoping and hoping and hoping and hoeping. the longer is goes on, the more jaded i think one becomes.

this so-called s/j resolution 'wasn't' good enough for me. all i want, all i've ever wanted was to SEE sam and jack together as a couple. i keep waiting and expecting and praying and hoping. do i think we've still got a chance. yes. YES. so i keep watching. (i'm also watching because i love sam carter and i want to love this show the way i used to)

i used to be the glass-is-half-full viewer, until i got tired of having the rug kicked from under me. and *that* is why i think we've got so many upset and burnt shippers.

but i'm still here. and i'll continue to voice my happy 'and' not-so-happy thoughts and feelings.

mini, please, *please* continue to voice your happy and not-so-happy opinions. please stay here. it's what we do.

sally

ps - this isn't the first time this subject has come up, and i'm sure it won't be the last. but we always survive.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                  ahoy sally,

read your post in the sam thread and am responding here as asked.
                  i forgot the question.

just because they screwed up (in my opinion) by showing more detailed things with pete doesn't mean they had to do something similar with jack. in my mind it shouldn't be a competition. she just loves jack more.
                  huge spoilers for last season and current season of Smallville

Spoiler:
                  i'm a lana/clark shipper from the show smallville. last season, lana took up (with alarming similarity to the opening of the sam/pete relay/revelation) with a guy named jason. they had romance scenes, with lots of kissing and such. long story short, jason was a bad guy and died. BUT, they showed lots of lana/jason ship. <g>

then this season, now the jason's gone and lana and clark *finally* confessed their feelings, we got lana/clark ship. lots of kissing and hugging and 'love making'.

moral of the story? all the suffering the lana/clark shippers went through with the lana/jason ship were rewared with lana/clark ship. REAL lana/clark ship. REAL hugging and kissing and ROMANCE. it was worth it in the end.

disclaimer: clark and lana aren't meant to be, though. anyone that knows superman knows that clark ends up with lois lane. smallville makes me want to change that history.

if this isn't really that clear then just ask me to clarify and i shall endevour to do so. i may be coming across a little harsh, and i don't mean to do that.... much.
                  i didn't think you were until you brought it up...

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                    Atlantis can get to Earth through the Stargate. It takes the Deadalus to get from Earth to Atlantis.

okay, i don't watch atlantis, but that makes no sense.

how can you use the stargate to get from atlantis to earth, but you can't do the opposite?

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      spoilers for the most recent csi miami ep with david deluise

Spoiler:
                      david played a real sleezy character. who's name was paul saunders... initials, ps. PS. hello!

his character was murdered, but i thought the 'reason' why was pretty stupid. anyhoo, his character was a total jerk. THIS is how i saw pete
                      by the end of chimera!

sally
                      he plays that type of character very well-he was Luke's sister's boyfriend on Gilmore Girls and still was that type of character-except when he plays against a dog.
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

My issue was more with the fact that two people wrote me a while back and asked me to ask Anni for her permission to cut and paste that post from a different thread into this one. For the sake of some kind of "posting event".

I think argument of the original post's content should, realistically, go into the thread that originated it (which is also in gateworld).

But, done is done as they say. No hard feelings. This thread is one I think I'll visit sparingly from now on.

I completely respect your right to be negtive and to feel affroted by the powers that be, but I think the fact that tptb were idiots with the S/J resolution arc this year far has already been flogged and flogged and flogged and re-flogged soooo many times in this thread, it often feels like any other point made with even the slightest iota of potential for positivity ends up crushed by the repeated same words, over and over again.

Someone says, "it COULD happen", and ten people jump on them and say "Yeah, but it won't, so lets just accept the fact that everything sucks."

Well... I guess that's not really the kind of conversation I'm looking to have these days. Yeah, you know what? I'm ticked at the way the 'ship for S/J has been handled, but I still choose to believe that ultimately, something positive will come of it. And that's the point Anni was trying to make in her essay, too. Tongue in cheek, she was saying: [paraphrased] "...sure, there wasn't a great big make-out session, but look at all the other stuff we DID get to see in THREADS... and if you didn't see all those innuendos, what show were you watching?"

She pointed a whole bunch of positive things out, and some shippers still choose to be so ticked off that they refuse to see the positive stuff, even when it is there. Why? Because it's not good enough. Well, okay, maybe it's not entirely good enough. But that doesn't mean it wasn't there, or that it wasn't something positive with respect to the Sam/Jack shipper storyline.

Glass half-full; glass half-empty. I guess it all boils down to that, even here. I appreciate your PM, sacme, I do. And your post. But if you don't have any hope whatsoever for the future, then really, what is there to say?

mini
                        Mini don't leave the thread. Alot of us get over stimulated and the typing hormones go off and we say stupid things we really don't mean because we get a little emotional about S/J. Please stay and chat, we need all the "Glass half full" people we can get to keep our family together.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yeahsureyabetcha
                          Hey everyone....I'm kind of new...I joined a while back but then began my student teaching and well needless to say all work and no play...I'm still teaching, with my own class but hopefully I can organize better. Enough about me...
                          Possible spoilers....

I am a Jack/Sam shipper, and Sheppard/Weir, but that's a different thread. I read that Sam may be on Atlantis more next year...so I've been harboring this idea that Sam and Jack have this relationship going, even if it is just friends right now...but going away to Atlantis means more of her and McKay...anyone else have thoughts or concerns...or know about the scheduling??
                          Welcome yeahsureyabetcha!
                          always and forever
                          My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                          My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

My issue was more with the fact that two people wrote me a while back and asked me to ask Anni for her permission to cut and paste that post from a different thread into this one. For the sake of some kind of "posting event".

I think argument of the original post's content should, realistically, go into the thread that originated it (which is also in gateworld).

But, done is done as they say. No hard feelings. This thread is one I think I'll visit sparingly from now on.

I completely respect your right to be negtive and to feel affroted by the powers that be, but I think the fact that tptb were idiots with the S/J resolution arc this year far has already been flogged and flogged and flogged and re-flogged soooo many times in this thread, it often feels like any other point made with even the slightest iota of potential for positivity ends up crushed by the repeated same words, over and over again.

Someone says, "it COULD happen", and ten people jump on them and say "Yeah, but it won't, so lets just accept the fact that everything sucks."

Well... I guess that's not really the kind of conversation I'm looking to have these days. Yeah, you know what? I'm ticked at the way the 'ship for S/J has been handled, but I still choose to believe that ultimately, something positive will come of it. And that's the point Anni was trying to make in her essay, too. Tongue in cheek, she was saying: [paraphrased] "...sure, there wasn't a great big make-out session, but look at all the other stuff we DID get to see in THREADS... and if you didn't see all those innuendos, what show were you watching?"

mini
                            Mini, please don't leave. I know what you are getting at. Most of the time I'm a glass half full type of person...
                            always and forever
                            My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                            My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                              I was wondering what everyone thinks of the Season 10 premiere Flesh and Blood?
                              Just read the note on it. If I still cared I'd go shoot myself.
                              Last edited by Zoser; 13 January 2006, 08:07 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                                What I can't understand is... if Sam and Jack fans are upset because there is no ship, Sam fans are definitely worried and upset that Sam may disappear altogether, Jack fans (well, we are beyond upset), Daniel fans are worried about him being upstaged by Cameron, FS fans are complaining that the new characters are underdeveloped or poorly written...Who is going to be left to watch this crap...sci-fi geeks and Teal'c fans? That should put the ratings through the roof. Sorry for the snark...but as far as TPTB go
                                Following...still...you...not!
                                I'd probably describe myself as a Sci-fi geek but I don't watch total cr@p. My favorite show ended with season eight. Sam and Jack are at the cabin after just saying goodbye to Daniel and Teal'c who are on their way back to Colorado. And my imagination (or some good fanfic) can fill in the blanks.
                                sigpic
                                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Working...
                                X