This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michelleb
    Well, I dunno about you guys, but I fancy a picture from my 2nd Fave Sam and Jack episode (1st fave being entity.i'm an angst junkie)

Oh, how wonderful are you, thats one of my favs too. What a way to boost moral!!!!!!

Comment

ok guys, here's an interpretation of that briefing room scene in 4th Horseman 2:
      Spoiler:

when hammond and cam are talking about getting sg1 back together, and cam says it wasn't easy and then hammond looks over to sam and daniel, did anyone else pick up on the look hammond and sam shared? then sam looks down, smiles and blushes a little pretty much the same way she did with barrett in EDM? hence suggesting to me that it could very easily be an implication of how she didn't want to leave nevada because she might get to see jack more (as well as cassie but in a very different way!). ya know, jack, her BOYFRIEND? wwwwooooooo!.

and then some obsevations about her relationship with orlin:
      Spoiler:

sam always viewed orlin as more of a child like figure than anything else, even when he was a grown man. sure he was cute, but look at ascension again, it was a very complicated situation, and a very complicated relationship. i don't think it would have made a difference had he still been a grown man. i think this episode played out very well.

also, i don't think they ever intended to bring back orlin or martouf or barrett or anyone to give people the idea that there was any romantic interest from sams side for them. quite the opposite. they want to concentrate on soldier sam and scientist sam. not girlfriend/romantic interest sam. and they are damn right in doing so. they are in fact doing the best thing they can do now by bringing back the past. they are slowly going through each one of sams past potential partners, and ruling them out. showing us that their would be no chance for them, cos she's with jack now. the spanner in the works i think was that they couldn't get sean patrick flannery back.

but i think they did a good job regardless.

finally (for now) i don't think that they are being disrespectful by not mentioning jack directly. RDA wanted to leave, and probably between he and the show runners they decided it would be best that he only make a couple of appearances at the beginning of the season. the show needs to prove that it can stand on its own, and for me the only thing they did wrong was to promote BB as the new star, in the hopes of bringing in the farscape crowd in case they lost the die hard RDA fans.

it was not RDA's show, it was just a show he was prominant in. and i hope that when the show does prove itself without him this year, that he might make one or two appearances next year.

sorry to go on so long but i do feel strongly about this because i think that sg1 has always been one of the very best sci fi shows of all time, and this was not down to just one person. the show can do well and still great without RDA. yes he was wonderful to watch every week, and yes i do miss him, but i miss him only a little bit more than i missed daniel, and we got through that. i would be overjoyed to have him back on the show, but if he were still around we'd still be moaning about the lack of ship resolution.

personally i loved threads and moebius (i could have done with less pete and kerry but they were neccessary evils). i don't think moebius changed anything in the universe. whats the one thing we always said we wanted? fishing! we all said that would always leave us safe in the knowledge that they were together, and what did we get? FISHING! we got our confirmation.
      people still say that it was still too vague, but what if it were reversed? what if they decided to go the anti ship route and indicate that they weren't together? how would we feel then? i'm glad they strongly hinted that they were getting together instead of showing them in bed together and getting married and whatever, because had I been an anti shipper i would be devastated by that. as it is, its difficult and damn near impossible to deny that they are together, but they can still project.

i'm happy with the occasional hint. i believe that sam and jack are together and i'm pleased they are showing it the same way they used to show that they had feelings for one another back in the early seasons. less people get P.O'd and stop watching a quality show that way.

i admit i'm not always happy with the way things are done, but for the most part i'm happy with it. my real life concerns are far more troubling than whether its 100% certain and completely and utterly undenieable that my prefered pairing are together. (which they are, undeniably).

sorry to go on such a rant about all this, but i just feel that a lot of people here can be so negative and pessimistic and we tend to over react to a lot. i've fallen into that trap too before i have to just say, what-ev-er! and have faith in a good show.

i'll shut up now.

Comment

oooh also relating to 4th horseman 2:
        Spoiler:

i really liked how they ended it! with orlin in that home, all i could think was 'aawww, sam and jack should adopt him!' i thought it was rather lovely.

that is all.

Comment

Well, I dunno about you guys, but I fancy a picture from my 2nd Fave Sam and Jack episode (1st fave being entity.i'm an angst junkie)
          Love the pic. My favourite part of that episode is when he picks her up. *Swoon*
          sigpic
          Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            Spoiler:

i really liked how they ended it! with orlin in that home, all i could think was 'aawww, sam and jack should adopt him!' i thought it was rather lovely.

that is all.
            I thought it was sad that
            Spoiler:
            Orlin was in that home, because to me (and I admit I watched it only once and rather hurriedly) well-- it indicated he needed to be institutionalized. He didn't remember Sam, so I don't know if he is physically or mentally losing it,or both.(again--I don't remember all the dialogue--my bad not to listen better) The home seemed to have adults, was that because he is a man in a boy's body? That's sad, too, the others inhabitants will see him as a boy and not relate to him. Just seemed him SGC or the Gov';t is warehousing him.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah
              CJ talked about his new hair style in the Science of SG, he said that last seasons hair was too afro looking, humanized him too much, so he has gone for a more Sci Fi Roman look.
              He is catching up with Carter on the number of hair styles.
              When did Science of SG air? Was that the Lowdown at the beginning of the season combining the three Friday night shows? Ithink I liked Sam's S5 hair best.

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ehindbars1.jpg
                i love this pic. but i'm 'still' trying to figure out the bottom half of that pic. just where 'is' sam's right leg? is jack leaning his left arm on it? and if it's not sam's leg, then 'what' is jack leaning on?

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

ok guys, here's an interpretation of that briefing room scene in 4th Horseman 2:
                  Spoiler:

when hammond and cam are talking about getting sg1 back together, and cam says it wasn't easy and then hammond looks over to sam and daniel, did anyone else pick up on the look hammond and sam shared? then sam looks down, smiles and blushes a little pretty much the same way she did with barrett in EDM? hence suggesting to me that it could very easily be an implication of how she didn't want to leave nevada because she might get to see jack more (as well as cassie but in a very different way!). ya know, jack, her BOYFRIEND? wwwwooooooo!.

wow, i didn't notice that the first time. i'm planning on watching that ep again tonight, so i'll check it out. whatever results i find, i'll relay my thoughts/feelings tomorrow.

people still say that it was still too vague, but what if it were reversed? what if they decided to go the anti ship route and indicate that they weren't together? how would we feel then? i'm glad they strongly hinted that they were getting together instead of showing them in bed together and getting married and whatever, because had I been an anti shipper i would be devastated by that. as it is, its difficult and damn near impossible to deny that they are together, but they can still project.
                  how to say this diplomatically?... i don't give a rats behind if the anti shippers would be upset. why? because fiction isn't meant to be written as 'less' because of the ppl that don't like 'more'.

i'm happy with the occasional hint. i believe that sam and jack are together and i'm pleased they are showing it the same way they used to show that they had feelings for one another back in the early seasons. less people get P.O'd and stop watching a quality show that way.

did they show the sam/pete relationship vague? no. so why should they show the sam/jack one vague?

(these questions aren't really aimed at you specifically, hon, just a general answer to a question i've seen come up more than once )

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

that is all.
                    that was my fave part of the ep. it was the 'only' part i emotionally connected with too.

spoilers
                    Spoiler:
                    i wonder if orlin will be used again? maybe the reason the ancients didn't heal/ascend him was so he could remain on earth, but low key, and 'then' heal him and let him do his ascended kick butt stuff?

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      i love this pic. but i'm 'still' trying to figure out the bottom half of that pic. just where 'is' sam's right leg? is jack leaning his left arm on it? and if it's not sam's leg, then 'what' is jack leaning on?

sally
                      He has his foot up on the bench and is leaning on his own knee.
                      In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                      so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                      Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                      Hic Comitas Regit
                      Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Spoiler:

<<I snipped here>>
                        i'll shut up now.
                        And that's why I thought
                        Spoiler:
                        Hammond was going to mention Jack! There was something in Sam's expression that seemed expectant, and a very nice knowing look on Hammond's face. I was so sure our missing Jack would be mentioned, but alas.

Just sayin', it's gonna happen: Jack will return (physically or verbally). It may be a trail of tele-crumbs but the hints are leading me there.
                        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                        sigpic
                        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

See, now I was just wondering why
                          Spoiler:
                          they said "General Hammond's office" when referring to something. Didn't he retire? Shouldn't that have been General O'Neill's office??

Could be wrong, but that was the line I found slight irkesome in that ep.

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                          And that's why I thought
                          Spoiler:
                          Hammond was going to mention Jack! There was something in Sam's expression that seemed expectant, and a very nice knowing look on Hammond's face. I was so sure our missing Jack would be mentioned, but alas.

Just sayin', it's gonna happen: Jack will return (physically or verbally). It may be a trail of tele-crumbs but the hints are leading me there.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            I agree blueiris. That's true, and it's tough to swallow a lot of the time.

One thing I do have to say though: Adversarially attacking other shippers in this thread who choose to look with optimism on the future (like sacme did to Annunnaki just above) doesn't help matters either. And it certainly doesn't make any difference to whether or not there's going to be "ship" in season ten. What it does do, is make this thread a really sad place to visit.

Anunnaki doesn't visit here much as it is. That post was reposted here for a shipper event (with permission) from a totally different thread, and to have it reposted here and then attacked for being positive? Sheesh.

Often times I'll forward Anni material so she can take a look when she's got the time to, because she doesn't get to browse the forum all that often, but she really loves the SG-1 story and the Sam/Jack romance. But there's no way I'll be forwarding her *that*.

mini(the disappointed)geek

(I shouldn't have asked for her permission to repost that here, is what I shouldn't have done)
                            Oh my, I wasn't attacking another shipper-- Heaven forbid! I was venting against TPTB. I remember her being here. I think I even put her name on the Shipper Calender. I wasn't attacking her positivity (or I didn't mean to), but the fact that shippers have to try so hard to find something to cheer about. I do really wonder if she still has faith in TPTB. And if so, I'm glad for her peace.

I wasn't here for a while, too, after the end of last season because I thought it was all over and I was upset. In my heat, if it seemed I was lashing out at you and A, I'm sorry. This place has to feel safe for the positive and negative. I can't be happy all the time about S/J, but I still can. I still make shipper tees, FCOL, because I can't help loving this couple. And I appreciate other shipper's enthusiasm, very much. I save so much of everyone's artwork because I think it's beautiful and I get so many laughs from this place.

But boy can my button be pushed, too, as you have seen. Not by other shippers, but because I feel TPTB blew us off. You posted A's message as a personal expression because you believed in her words and I should have stated up front that my post wasn't a strike against either of you.

In her post, though, she does ask shippers who aren't completely positive about ship a question: What show were you watching? And then she makes her argument for there being a good resolution and basically defies anyone of seeing things otherwise. In my mind, I was answering her question and giving my counter view. I really did think of it as a debate, not a fight. Annunnaki knew she would evoke a response and that not all would agree with her. But my disagreement was not personal. If she were to come back, I would greet her as warmly as any old-timer back for a visit. And I embrace you as a sister.

ship sistah
                            Last edited by sacme; 11 January 2006, 12:15 AM.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Sometimes things are said in the heat of the moment. There is no one on this thread, at this time, which is looking to fight or hurt any other shippers. We are all looking for the silver lining and trying hard to find something to keep our hopes up. Even I would like to knock heads together for the great secrets they keep and teasing of the shippers. But let me be the devils advocate, what if TPTB are trying to pi-- the shippers off. By us arguing among our selves, they would have scored a goal. But what if they have a picture paint already, how the show will go and plan to give us everything (including the great kiss) in a movie or whatever. We are really be pains in their behinds because like little children we keep asking are we there yet? Then we are arguing among ourselves, which then basically slows or closes our thread because who wants to go to a thread where everyone is unhappy? Then all the shippers disappear into the great abys, then why write anything into the script about S/J, when they have jumped the ship? So either way we lose! So I don't know what the answer is about TPTB but lets not get upset at each other and lets keep the light burning at home on the thread. Also if you disagree with someone's post, walk away and think how you want to post your side in a direct but cool matter. When we are upset, we are all easily hurt! So lets kiss and and finally find
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi

Stargate Barbie (love the name btw), I hadnt noticed the look, thanks for pointing it out. The end of the episode was ok, but imo the rest of episode wasnt great. Which annoyed my dad cause he had to watch it with me. Hehe, yes I am evil.

My fave episode is window of opporunity cause of the kiss, I have it on dvd. But broca is my second fav i like the ending.

Its not that I have a problem with RDA leaving, I understand his reasons, and that the show needs to stand on its own two feet, but with someone who was a huge part of the show for so long I dont think they can just pretend that he didnt exist, which seems to be at the mo what they're doing. Any how that's just my opinion, and I'm usually wrong.

I'm off now to rant at my parents cause I tried taping Stargate: true Science on Sky on monday, and you cant change the sky channel or it doenst tape the show. And someone changed the channel, so I have half the show, what good is that? And I was taping to be considerate so that I wasnt taking over the telly

Hope all is well

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Working...
                                X