X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater
    And whoever spoke of Laira:

Wonder if Jack's made any reparations to Sam over that whole affair yet?

I'm thinkin' he'd better do a whole lotta groveling...along with getting her lotsa flowers, lotsa those solid extra dark (72% cocoa) chocolate square thingies from Godiva, some massage oils for some world-class pampering, some mood-setting candles, a home-cooked dinner...yup....he'd better get started...
    Now why did you have to spoil things and mention "that" woman ?
    She is my
    And I refuse to watch "that" episode
    And there's simply no chocolate, Godiva or not, that will make up for it, although, I supose there's other things he could do ...

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
      Please....don't go there.......
      I figured that was going to be people's reaction but hasn't written some of the shippier episodes, especially "Threads"? I mean if he was so anti-shipper why did he do some of the scenes in "In the Line of Duty". Just was wondering, where so much anti Cooper came from and why is he considered an anti-shipper?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
        What is everyone 's opinion on Robert Cooper?
        The rules of this forum don't allow me to give my true opinion of this PTB, nor *any* of them. <g> But that, in itself, probably tells you.

- Mary
        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I'm hoping somebody here can help me locate a fic series I read probably over a year ago.

There was a series of fic - all post-eps or missing-scenes for real episodes - where Jack and Sam recognized their feelings and eventually married earlier in the series, just kept it a secret. So the post-eps were all written with the idea that they were together when the events happened.

Can anybody help me??

Thanks!
          - Mary
          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
            I'm hoping somebody here can help me locate a fic series I read probably over a year ago.

There was a series of fic - all post-eps or missing-scenes for real episodes - where Jack and Sam recognized their feelings and eventually married earlier in the series, just kept it a secret. So the post-eps were all written with the idea that they were together when the events happened.

Can anybody help me??

Thanks!
            This is only a guess. It might be the By My Side series by Emerald Green Queen http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2158981/1/ or possibly the Chosen Hearts Series http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2713619/1/ (this is the link for the stories based on the first season.

Hope this helps.
            always and forever
            My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
            My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
              This is only a guess. It might be the By My Side series by Emerald Green Queen http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2158981/1/ or possibly the Chosen Hearts Series http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2713619/1/ (this is the link for the stories based on the first season.

Hope this helps.
              Unfortunately, great as they are, it's neither of these. The easiest way I can explain this is to compare. There's a series called "What should have happened" that takes each episode and updates it to meet the author's take on it. (If I remember correctly, that one involves a lot of Jackwhumping and a bit more Janetcomfort than I'm comfortable with.) But that's the general idea with this series. There's a fic for each episode. . .
              - Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                Unfortunately, great as they are, it's neither of these. The easiest way I can explain this is to compare. There's a series called "What should have happened" that takes each episode and updates it to meet the author's take on it. (If I remember correctly, that one involves a lot of Jackwhumping and a bit more Janetcomfort than I'm comfortable with.) But that's the general idea with this series. There's a fic for each episode. . .
                I love the What Should Have Happened series! It's on samandjack.net if you or anyone wants to read.
                SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                  Hello shippers

Sam and Jack together

a bit of OT but if you are interested in saving the new sci-fi show Threshold , very cool show full of twist and great character development and I ship for Molly /Cavanagh in that one .....

......the petition is here ...239 votes so far but we really need a tons more so that CBS starts looking at what they did .

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/savethreshold

I was pleased to see that Fans of great shows react fast

and again Sam and Jack together ..I may be working on a new Sam and Jack video soon

Caty
                  they closed the petition. did it work already!?

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
                    Sacme, Cigarette Smoking Prior.. LOL

Was that during the episode breaks? Don't know if it 's rubbing salt on the wounds or not
                    SciFi was promoting it's Stargate Mondays. Lots of action and lots of Jack. Wanted to cry.

ship sistah

Comment

I figured that was going to be people's reaction but hasn't written some of the shippier episodes, especially "Threads"? I mean if he was so anti-shipper why did he do some of the scenes in "In the Line of Duty". Just was wondering, where so much anti Cooper came from and why is he considered an anti-shipper?
                      For me, "Threads" would have been nice in season 7 (also when ITLD was done), but as a resolution to Sam/Jack ship in season 8 it was a failure, because it just seemed to put us back to where we were before the whole thing began. So why should I praise him for maintaining the status quo (again) so late in the game-- actually, at the end of the game? The whole dragging it out, vague thing is condescending to the audience.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                        For me, "Threads" would have been nice in season 7 (also when ITLD was done), but as a resolution to Sam/Jack ship in season 8 it was a failure, because it just seemed to put us back to where we were before the whole thing began. So why should I praise him for maintaining the status quo (again) so late in the game-- actually, at the end of the game? The whole dragging it out, vague thing is condescending to the audience.

ship sistah
                        Ok but who do you say started writing the ship? Because I've watch the first few seasons and "In the Line of Duty" starts the locker lecture scenes and Jack actually cries after Sam is brain zapped. Was there an episode before that which started the ship? Trying to lock down on the history of the ship and who started writing it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                          Let me guess not one mention of Jack.A plague breaks out and the person who runs HomeWorld Security does not get mentioned.Maybe Jack is working at McDonalds.I guess when someone gets a papercut Jack will be mentioned.So glad I did not waste an Hour of my Life on this Show.
                          THAT'S where jack is then!?!

sally super duper misses -->
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s9's fourth horseman

Originally posted by Rogue
                            Guess we got lucky that he wasn't. But it does make me nervous that it was played that way.

i'm curious, too, what would have happened if sean patrick flannery would have been available. one nice thing is sean is cute to look at, but the bad thing is we might have had even worse sam/orlin ship. i mean, the ptb must find ways of diminishing the s/j ship's importance this season, right?

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Ok but who do you say started writing the ship? Because I've watch the first few seasons and "In the Line of Duty" starts the locker lecture scenes and Jack actually cries after Sam is brain zapped. Was there an episode before that which started the ship? Trying to lock down on the history of the ship and who started writing it.
                              sorry I got my eps wrong! I was thinking Death Knell for some reason.

Yes "Duty" was very shippy. And many here believe the ship started at their first meeting. I totally believe they started the ship (and there were some great moments)-- my complaint is how they maintained and ended it.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                                ALERT Part 2 (and part 1)- To dispel those crazy notions about Sam and Orlin in Season 9. These excerpts and discussion will require spoiler tags.

Season 9-Fourth Horseman Part 1, Episode 9.10

(snips)

Spoiler:
                                5. FCOL, Sam engaged in "ascended ritual" but Orlin did not explain that it were romantic and sexual because it was a spiritual thing. Sam participated as a curious scientist.
                                Spoiler:
                                it better not have been sexual in nature, because that means that when orlin first tried the 'soul sharing' thing on her at the beginning of ascension (and she passed out)... that would have meant he 'forced' himself on her? rape? hello!

Spoiler:
                                OK, I hope that by my providing these excerpts and throwing in MY HUMBLE OPINION, I will have successfully cleared up any doubt among Shippers that Sam and Orlin DID NOT HAVE A ROMANTIC NOR INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP.
                                i totally agree!

what ticks me off, though, is
                                Spoiler:
                                the sam-landry-lam scene in fourth horseman part 1 'wanted' us to believe they had. otherwise, sam would have corrected landry and lam when they made snickering references to sam having had an 'intimate' relationship with orlin as a child. the writers wanted to give this impression.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X