X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spoilers for s9's 'ripple effect'

Originally posted by ses
    I hope the rumors are not true.If RDA is not in the 200 episode that is a Bad sign and If that happens we may not see RDA until the very last episode.I hope TPTB learned from Wormhole Xtreme and give the Fans a great and serious episode.TPTB should pull out all the stops and make it a special episode.IMO SG-1 needs to give up the Comedy and AU episodes once and for all.
    you know what i fear? with the idea of ripple effect (different sg1s all converging at the same time), you'd think that at least *one* of them would have a jack o'neill there. but since i fear that rda didn't make an appearance for this ep... how horrible will it be to see all the various sg1 teams without jack there... and are we going to get sam/martoufordanielormckayorjanetormitchellorlandryorgodzilla ship because of no jack?....

k, done whining.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      spoilers for s9's fourth horseman pt1 (and 2?)

making jack head of homeworld security and then NOT mentioning him in 'fourth horseman p1' is crazy. so why did they write him as head of this agency if they weren't going to follow through with it? writing themselves into a corner much? (that corner is awfully cluttered now)

they should have written jack either:

a - retired and married to sam.
      b - the asgard representative (could have him offworld most of the time).
      c - kidnapped by whoever for whatever reasons.
      d - sam's love slave and physically unable to make appearances due to exhaustion.

how *not* to write jack:

a - in a position that would require him appearing or being mentioned out of plot need.
      b, c, d - same as above.

sally
      Well said sally!

*tackles and huggles sally, knocking the wind outta her*

Been awhile!!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
        I agree!!

New recipe for the Shippertown Bar and Grill and Bakery:

MG's Out of this World Smashed Petatoes (get it?....name derived from BF Who Shall Not Be Named)

4 potaotes
        8 cups low-sodium chicken boullion (prepared from powder such as Herb-Ox)
        4 cloves of garlic
        1/4 cup low-fat milk
        1 tsp light butter
        1/3 packet of ranch dip mix

Peel and cut the potaotes. Boil the potatoes and press 2 of the garlic cloves in the chicken boullion for about 30 min. Drain the potatoes (you can drain the boullion into a jar if you wish to save it). Pour in the milk and butter and use a whisk to mash it all together. Press in the other 2 cloves of garlic and the 1/3 packet of ranch dip mix and stir.

Now that I've made your mouths water....SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!

Recipe from MG, Sam and Jack's loyal chef...
        Forgot to mention that the potatoes are the size normally found in a standard sack of potaotes you get in the supermarket, not the big huge russetts.

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
          Welcome k8tbug1!
          WELCOME K8BUG1 AND ALL THE OTHER NEWBIES I MISSED IN MY ABSENCE!!!!

Allow me to introduce myself...I am mad_gater, resident Tok'ra shipper...the only Tok'ra Jack trusts besides Selmak (may Selmak and Jacob rest in peace). My symbiote's name is Kel'dor. We had such fun terrorizing that brat bf of Sam's. Even shot a ribbon from the hand device up his a$$. Poor thing couldn't sit for weeks....*whistles innocently*

Comment

Originally posted by nell
            thanks, scjon, for the link to the site. Here is a direct link to the article:
            http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=437
            This article has info about Season 9 and 10 episodes' characters' possibilities including what may or may not occur with The Ship and O'Neill. Hey, I'm steadfast in my belief that no romance for Sam means she's with Jack!!! No giggling!!! It ain't over yet!!!
            That's the spirit nell!! Take no $hit!!!!

(((((((((nell))))))))))

Comment

Great point Sally.How is it going to look all these SG-1 and no Jack?It goes to Show TPTB must have spend 2 minutes in planning Season 9.TPTB are doing a bad Job at attention to details this Season.You have a character like Jack and you do not explain to People where he is and what he is doing.You can get away with that for the guest star of the Week but not Jack.TPTB should have learned that lesson in Film School.I said it before and I'll say it again.TPTB could have introduced the Ori in Moebius and have Jack go missing.Does anyone think Jack would take another DeskJob and one that takes him away from Sam and the rest of SG-1?TPTB were better off having Jack retired and then calling him back in Season 10 if RDA comes back.Jack going from one DeskJob to another is not understanding the character.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                spoilers for s9's 'ripple effect'

you know what i fear? with the idea of ripple effect (different sg1s all converging at the same time), you'd think that at least *one* of them would have a jack o'neill there. but since i fear that rda didn't make an appearance for this ep... how horrible will it be to see all the various sg1 teams without jack there... and are we going to get sam/martoufordanielormckayorjanetormitchellorlandryorgodzilla ship because of no jack?....

k, done whining.

sally
                *eyes blurry from separating out all those guys' names*

Sheesh...you sure do have a gift for making nice long nonsense words....

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                  Great point Sally.How is it going to look all these SG-1 and no Jack?It goes to Show TPTB must have spend 2 minutes in planning Season 9.TPTB are doing a bad Job at attention to details this Season.You have a character like Jack and you do not explain to People where he is and what he is doing.You can get away with that for the guest star of the Week but not Jack.TPTB should have learned that lesson in Film School.I said it before and I'll say it again.TPTB could have introduced the Ori in Moebius and have Jack go missing.Does anyone think Jack would take another DeskJob and one that takes him away from Sam and the rest of SG-1?TPTB were better off having Jack retired and then calling him back in Season 10 if RDA comes back.Jack going from one DeskJob to another is not understanding the character.
                  I think Loki must've removed removed their brains at birth or something.

Comment

This article has info about Season 9 and 10 episodes' characters' possibilities including what may or may not occur with The Ship and O'Neill. Hey, I'm steadfast in my belief that no romance for Sam means she's with Jack!!! No giggling!!! It ain't over yet!!!
                    Come on Nell, all they did was compile what he said on his thread and blog. I never got such a clear picture reading either one, so how did whoever, get such
                    complete picture from them. This is someone opinion about what he said, it doesn't mean it's written in stone. TPTB should come out of hiding and put the cards on the table. Let them give us the real scop or poop!( whatever you want to call it!)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                      Has anyone read the article in Solutions site under character hints for season 10. Some interesting comments. It seems as though the mention of Jack as head of Homeworld Security or rather the not mentioning was an "oversight." Wow! Jack who? They also said that RDA would be welcome in season 10 if they could find him the "right story." Sounds like they are having trouble with Sam AND Jack storylines. I personally would be happy to see him come on the show and read the Colorado phone book, but hey, that's just me.
                      The "right story" would be for him to mosey back in for a meeting, and for the story to make it clear that he and Sam are TOGETHER! Actually, we've all written lots of good S9 stories. It's just TPTB that can't seem to move Jack stories forward.....probably because they can't persuade RDA to come back right now. I'm with you, STARGATE7777. He could read the Colorado phone book and I'd be happy.....as long as Sam was with him while he did it!

And while I'm thoroughly disgusted with TPTB and their disrespect for how they got where they are, this is not a big complaint post. Actually, I've been watching the S9 marathon this evening, trying to "like" it better. I was not successful. But I have come away feeling reassured about The Ship. Why? Because although the references to our favorite pair have been few and far between, they've been enough to reinforce the fact that Sam and Jack are together.

1. In Beachhead, Sam appeared during Landry's rant to Jack about needing Sam's help. It's clear (as we discussed at the time the ep first aired) from Landry's reply to Jack that, "Yes, she's standing right here," that Sam and Jack timed out her reappearance to have some fun with Landry. And from the grin on her face, I was fairly certain she'd been spending a lot of time with Jack! They had to be pretty cozy to be comfortable enough to conspire on a little trick like that.

2. In Ex Deus Machina, when Barrett asked Sam, "So, you're single again?" and she replies, "Not exactly," there's a music swell right before she speaks. It's clear that she's referring to Jack. It couldn't be anyone else. That's what they meant for us to think.

3. In The Fourth Horseman, part 1, when Orlin tells Sam he still has feelings for her, she looks really uncomfortable. She doesn't look around, like she's worried that someone else might overhear them. She looks uncomfortable because it never occurred to her that Orlin still felt this way. Why?

A. He's a freakin' kid!
                      B. It's been so long, and she's so in love with Jack now, that it never even occurred to her that Orlin might still harbor feelings for her...or expect her to still feel the same!

These things are canon, and if they don't throw us any more bones this year, we at least have these things to know that The Ship is still going strong.....off-screen. It's not what I want, but I can live with it for now.

Also, while watching my new S8 DVDs, I noticed the opening moments of Threads. When the announcer says, "Previously on Stargate: SG-1," the scenes are from Divide & Conquer and other ship-centric eps. It's clear that the main purpose of Threads was to resolve The S/J Ship.....even if they didn't give us the big honkin kiss! We are meant to believe that Sam & Jack are together. And trying to read something into every action TPTB take as the season progresses doesn't change that. It just upsets us, and makes us all unhappy. Please, for your own peace of mind, quit second-guessing everything they say and do. They're just trying to run a TV show. And while they could do it better, they haven't violated our couple yet.

So don't worry about chain of command, the return of other guys who've been interested in Sam, the Grace Under Pressure episode of SGA or anything else. Sam & Jack are together, and TPTB mean for us to think that. I also don't think they will violate The Ship. RDA apparently doesn't want to come back right now, but as soon as he's willing, they'll find a story for him. Maybe it'll be episode 200...or maybe it'll be somewhere else in S10. Maybe it'll be in S11 (Lord, I hope this muck doesn't go on that long, 'cause I can't stand Vala that long!). But he'll be back and they'll resolve it for us. So, count nell and me among the optimism police!

Now.....that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!!!!

Comment

Ya know what else? From the tone of the way they mention Jack in the blogs and article quotes, I think they're still mad at RDA for leaving. Despite the blind loyalty of the new fans they got from Farscape, they haven't increased their ratings with the change. The numbers are pretty much where they were last year. So, I think they're still a bit bitter.

And one more thing before I go beddy-bye: if they had shown respect to their past while building the show's future, I think all SG-1 fans would have embraced the changes (and kept watching). I know that if they had acknowledged the ship a little more openly and had mentioned Jack a few more times, I would have been much more open to all that is new.

But that's just me.....with 20+ years of broadcast experience.....what do I know?

Comment

Hey all, just a quick note to let you know I posted my first S/J fic.. yay me!! It actually came out of an IM chat, so it's a bit rough around the edges.

It's a PWP, because well... it's what I do. It's also not for kiddies. So if you're over 18 and feel the need, check it out @ http://www.stargate-intel.net/fanfic...ry.php?sid=100

[/shameless self pluggage]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            The "right story" would be for him to mosey back in for a meeting, and for the story to make it clear that he and Sam are TOGETHER! Actually, we've all written lots of good S9 stories. It's just TPTB that can't seem to move Jack stories forward.....probably because they can't persuade RDA to come back right now. I'm with you, STARGATE7777. He could read the Colorado phone book and I'd be happy.....as long as Sam was with him while he did it!

And while I'm thoroughly disgusted with TPTB and their disrespect for how they got where they are, this is not a big complaint post. Actually, I've been watching the S9 marathon this evening, trying to "like" it better. I was not successful. But I have come away feeling reassured about The Ship. Why? Because although the references to our favorite pair have been few and far between, they've been enough to reinforce the fact that Sam and Jack are together.

1. In Beachhead, Sam appeared during Landry's rant to Jack about needing Sam's help. It's clear (as we discussed at the time the ep first aired) from Landry's reply to Jack that, "Yes, she's standing right here," that Sam and Jack timed out her reappearance to have some fun with Landry. And from the grin on her face, I was fairly certain she'd been spending a lot of time with Jack! They had to be pretty cozy to be comfortable enough to conspire on a little trick like that.

2. In Ex Deus Machina, when Barrett asked Sam, "So, you're single again?" and she replies, "Not exactly," there's a music swell right before she speaks. It's clear that she's referring to Jack. It couldn't be anyone else. That's what they meant for us to think.

3. In The Fourth Horseman, part 1, when Orlin tells Sam he still has feelings for her, she looks really uncomfortable. She doesn't look around, like she's worried that someone else might overhear them. She looks uncomfortable because it never occurred to her that Orlin still felt this way. Why?

A. He's a freakin' kid!
                            B. It's been so long, and she's so in love with Jack now, that it never even occurred to her that Orlin might still harbor feelings for her...or expect her to still feel the same!

These things are canon, and if they don't throw us any more bones this year, we at least have these things to know that The Ship is still going strong.....off-screen. It's not what I want, but I can live with it for now.

Also, while watching my new S8 DVDs, I noticed the opening moments of Threads. When the announcer says, "Previously on Stargate: SG-1," the scenes are from Divide & Conquer and other ship-centric eps. It's clear that the main purpose of Threads was to resolve The S/J Ship.....even if they didn't give us the big honkin kiss! We are meant to believe that Sam & Jack are together. And trying to read something into every action TPTB take as the season progresses doesn't change that. It just upsets us, and makes us all unhappy. Please, for your own peace of mind, quit second-guessing everything they say and do. They're just trying to run a TV show. And while they could do it better, they haven't violated our couple yet.

So don't worry about chain of command, the return of other guys who've been interested in Sam, the Grace Under Pressure episode of SGA or anything else. Sam & Jack are together, and TPTB mean for us to think that. I also don't think they will violate The Ship. RDA apparently doesn't want to come back right now, but as soon as he's willing, they'll find a story for him. Maybe it'll be episode 200...or maybe it'll be somewhere else in S10. Maybe it'll be in S11 (Lord, I hope this muck doesn't go on that long, 'cause I can't stand Vala that long!). But he'll be back and they'll resolve it for us. So, count nell and me among the optimism police!

Now.....that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!!!!
                            What she said!!! Ship, ship hooray!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

It seems that you are reading my post

2 sg-1fanintn
                              I believe you are rihgt
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes and to sg-1fanintn for her words of optimism. You can now count me in as an optimist!!!!! That was all very nicely said!!!!!!!!

Forever!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X