This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
    as much as I hate to say it-because they don't want to.
    Exactly. TPTB seem to think there are more exciting things to write about. Insanity...
    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      There is a vague hint not that they're trying to make out that it never happened, rather that they'll hope that without mention, we'll just forget.

I think they're itching to get Sam kirking again. It's been a while. *sigh*
      why are you being so negative, tracy jane? that would come off as whining and bickering... it's not like all we think about is whether sam and jack are in bed.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Oh, come on. We all know Stargate is a family thing. I mean, Judge's family all appear on the show too, don't they.
        Really? What characters and shows? I know AT's hubby was in one and of course MS's wife became a cast member, but I didn't know about Judge's fam.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Nell got S8 for Christmas. Where do you have to go to get the "Threads" exchange?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
            Really? What characters and shows? I know AT's hubby was in one and of course MS's wife became a cast member, but I didn't know about Judge's fam.

ship sistah
            Chris' brother was a Jaffa in one of the episodes. I have to look in the STARGATE magazine to see what episode.
            sigpic

Comment

Lol maybe, but maybe if they read some of this they wont' be able to resist the brilliance of shipper minds!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                My problem and bitterness, in regards to ship, stems from the lack of planning that got TPTB into this corner in the first place. I cannot for the life of me understand why they have dragged out the ship to the point where RDA isn't even on the show anymore. I don't see how that serves anything-- the show, the characters, the fans-- anything. No one and nothing benefits from this state of limbo. I don't know if the last guard left this mess for the new guard, but regardless, pretending ship never existed isn't the answer.

They should have dedicated a little more time last year-- not to Pete and Kerry-- but to Sam and Jack and finished it. There is no reason why we should still be talking about this! RDA is gone and may never come back. They've got new characters and new plots they want to develop. Fine! But the royal screw-up came with not finishing it well when they had the chance and the actors.

Right now Jack and Sam should be officially together off-screen and shippers blissfully content thinking about them living happily ever after. Not wondering if they'll ever throw us a scrap of a comment in season 10 about WTF is going on.

ship sistah
                totally, completely, absolutely agree.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                  You know... I've been thinking and would we really be happy if the Ship had come to terms... or would we still be asking for more?

I don't know, I've thought about it a couple of times... and don't have an answer...
                  that's actually a VERY good question. it's something that i've debated with myself, even before some anti shippers were asking the same thing.

i think when you like something, it's *never* enough. what i mean is we'll always want to see more. and why not?

but when you know there's limitations (no rda = no jack); you take what you can get. and appreciate it.

i just want to watch this show without being afraid of what i'll see (sam/other) more than being bummed at what i won't see (s/j).

but i still think we'd always ask for more. it's what fans do. it's why the writers keep giving it.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

I agree with ya there, though. They never wanted to resolve the ship til the very end, because they didn't want it to become Shipgate.
                    they didn't want to resolve the ship till the end because it's what *all* shows do with a popular ship pairing. the writers are afraid of writing RST 'and' keeping it interesting along the way. so they stretch out UST till it almost snaps.

but with the threat (and i use that term on purpose) of the show never ending now... when would that give us an s/j resolution now?

and would there be any shippers left? would all the audience be newer viewers who either wouldn't care or wouldn't even know jack from jack squat? would that be just the trap the writers were hoping for, so they'd *never have* to resolve it?

paranoid enough?

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                      Ironically, they did turn it into shipgate by not resolving it.
                      and adding 'boyfriend' into the mix only made it worse.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                        I might still ask for more, but I would be happy while I was asking.
                        oh my god, that is a perfect analogy!!!

i miss that giddy/happy feeling. i miss being content to watch because i was sure i was going to get my s/j ship fix. and i always did. until season 7.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          oh my god, that is a perfect analogy!!!

i miss that giddy/happy feeling. i miss being content to watch because i was sure i was going to get my s/j ship fix. and i always did. until season 7.
                          sally
                          Yeah, sally, I miss those giddy, tingly, exciting feelings of anticipation for some Ship. And, loving it when we got some! But, I still harbor hope!

I know I don't have the best evidence for my case but I offer this to you, as each successive episode passes without Sam having a flirty, love interest, that will reinforce my hope!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                            You know, we've got some nice scenes here with Sam mentioning Jack, and not all of them are coming from fic writers. If we, as in the shipper family, can come up with nice scenarios, then why the hell can't the professional writers come up with something to make us happy?

hit the nail on the head.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                              Yeah, sally, I miss those giddy, tingly, exciting feelings of anticipation for some Ship. And, loving it when we got some! But, I still harbor hope!

I know I don't have the best evidence for my case but I offer this to you, as each successive episode passes without Sam having a flirty, love interest, that will reinforce my hope!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!
                              nell, don't read my negative thoughts....

spoilers for s9 and s? for atlantis

Spoiler:
                              'not exactly' had s/j hints to it. BUT, with the apparent rewrite of ascension to make the sam-orlin relationship 'sexual'... then add it sam-mckay in 'grace under pressure'. that's three ship-related scenes out of the seven stargate eps sam's been in so far (counting 'gup'). what about when martouf appears in 'ripple effect'? what/who's next?

this is why, nell, that i'm not so optimistic as you. sorry. :/

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

i want to have some shippy avatars. could anyone help make me some?

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X