This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
    I don't remember the interviewer"s name, but he said he was a big fan of DDL. I think he was the GW guy who started a campaign to send letters of "sympathy" to DDL because of fans disliking DDL (because he was Pete). I certainly don't go for mixing up actors with the characters they play--and to the point of sending nasty mail as apparently some fans did. BUT I didn't think it should be GW's place to host such a campaign, though I guess he would say he did it as a on his own as a fan, not a GW host.

Well, he did mention RDA-thank heaven for small favors-in referencing AT's balancing career with her child, sort of comparing the two situations.
    I didn't send any such letters to DDL, but I *did* dislike him, not necessarily for the same reason I disliked his character. I have a problem with an actor who #1: gets a job on a show not for his talent but because of who he is related to. (And they'll deny it, but I'm relatively certain that's the case. What are the odds of, out of the thousands of actors, DDL would *happen* to audition and get the part? Yeah, right.) and #2: that, while if the roll had been played by any other actor, it would have been written out right after the fan "stalker" backlash, DDL's Pete was kept around, I believe, solely because he's PDL's brother.

Maybe I'm hyper-critical and paranoid, but I truly resent DDL for these things. And, of course, for TPTB who allowed it to go on for so long.
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
      I didn't send any such letters to DDL, but I *did* dislike him, not necessarily for the same reason I disliked his character. I have a problem with an actor who #1: gets a job on a show not for his talent but because of who he is related to. (And they'll deny it, but I'm relatively certain that's the case. What are the odds of, out of the thousands of actors, DDL would *happen* to audition and get the part? Yeah, right.) and #2: that, while if the roll had been played by any other actor, it would have been written out right after the fan "stalker" backlash, DDL's Pete was kept around, I believe, solely because he's PDL's brother.

Maybe I'm hyper-critical and paranoid, but I truly resent DDL for these things. And, of course, for TPTB who allowed it to go on for so long.
      Oh, come on. We all know Stargate is a family thing. I mean, Judge's family all appear on the show too, don't they.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
        I actually agree with you on that, but it's a case of woulda, coulda, shoulda, didn't. It ain't a perfect world unfortunately.

I think much of it came out of the fact they've been "ending" the show for the last 3 or 4 years. Every season had a ship resolve that didn't happen because the show was unexpectedly renewed. I'd imagine they didn't forsee RDA actually leaving this time either.

It sucks, but it's not over yet, there is still every chance it will be resolved in a way that is waaay better than if they closed the door on it in s8.

There's that optimism of mine again
        For once I've got to disagree with you here. RDA told them he wanted to leave for a couple of seasons, and they knew he was going after S8. I don't believe they couldn't have known he was going then, especially as the production company (GECKO) was going too. This means that the writers had plenty of time to complete all the story lines that involved him. TPTB seem to think that this is what they did, but can't understand why the shippers still want a proper conclusion to our little side story. I don't want to guess all my story lines, or read between the lines...I want confirmation that Sam and Jack are together!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Hmmmm. I'm still of the mind that whatever we get we want more. We just love whinging, us lot!!!
          But we wouldn't be whinging if we'd got a proper conclusion to our ship at the end of S8! All it would have taken is S/J holding hands at the fishing scene, or a kiss, or....well, for goodness sakes...there's a million opportunities for something concrete to have happened.I don't think there's anything wrong with shippers asking about....well...ship. If TPTB didn't resolve it when they could have, then it's their own fault that we're still asking about it!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            Just answered the second question.

Errrr.... as a Stargate fan, I think he has the right to voice his opinions, and even in the interview, I don't think he overstepped the boundaries. If he ever started a pro-Pete campaign on behalf of Gateworld, that's different. But I don't see what was wrong with him saying in the interview "I love Pete"
            Well, there was a campaign started, by David, I believe, asking GWers to send nice letters, etc. to DDL, because some fans disliked him, or at the very least mixed him up with his character. I don't know at this late date whether it was as a fan alone or in his capacity in GW. It seemed at the time it was a GW thing and I thought it was inappropriate. Of course he can be a fan of DDL and Pete if he wants--just don't make it official GW anti S/J positiion!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
              Well I didn't say people should give him rubbish, just that I didn't feel it was GW's place to start a campaign about it.

BTW, do you think he really discussed "tonguing" with AT as in that German article.
              I doubt very much that tongues were being discussed. This is a huge 'No, No' with kissing scenes between actors.

Another couple scenes:

1. Daniel walks into Sam's lab and see's a large bouquet of flowers on her desk and asks if they're from Jack. She says "Yes. I never expected him to be a romantic but I'm glad he is."

2. Sam adopts another cat and names him J J, short for Jack Jonothan or Jack Jr.)

Comment

I also feel as some do that more questions to JM about S/J can be counterproductive, but also feel that it's anyone's right to continue to do so.

One thing is productive about such questions-- and his answers, they seem to revive this thread. Send it right up to the top, no matter what we feel about his answer.

Would that we had some good news to do the revival work, though.

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                  You know... I've been thinking and would we really be happy if the Ship had come to terms... or would we still be asking for more?

I don't know, I've thought about it a couple of times... and don't have an answer...
                  Anything, would be better than this. I may have wished to have seen more, but I wouldn't be full of bile that they totally ran away from any kind of conclusion at all. [And for the record, in my mind I believe they are together, as well.]

At this point, though, I wouldn't be happy with a mention that they were together. "Not exactly" did nothing for me... but make me angrier. Pitful scraps, I don't want. I wanted the big R.

They just blew it and I can't imagine anything they could come up with, with RDA not around, that will make up for that. I'll still watch the show when SciFi starts airing them again next week, but I have no hope for ship. And bad ship is almost worse.

ship sistah

how did I become a serial shipper when my ship record is so bad?
                  Last edited by sacme; 28 December 2005, 07:46 PM.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                    Myrth's challenge: Include a reference to Jack in a scene but not by phone.

Sam goes home after a hard day at the Mountain. She's tired and hungry. On the way to her car, it starts to rain. It's a cold rain. She reaches home and parks on the street. Reaching for her umbrella, she grabs air instead. Dropping her forehead to the steering wheel she wonders if it can get any worse. It does, thunder and lightning and harder rain.

She makes a run for her front door. Up the front steps she almost trips on a small package left by Fed Ex. "For crying out loud," she mutters. Bending over, she picks it up and proceeds to unlock her door. Once inside she reaches for the light switch and the bulb blows out. "Oy," she shouts.

Slowly, she makes her way into the kitchen. She reaches in her refrigerator for something refreshing to sip on while opening the package. She has to push aside several bottles of Guiness to get to her Diet Cokes. With drink in hand she takes a seat on her sofa, rests her feet on the coffee table and looks at the package.

A smile grows on her face. Quickly, she opens the package and reaches inside. There's a note, "Whatcha doin? I highly recommend this for beautiful geeks in need of relaxation." Reaching further into the package she pulls out a DVD box.....The Simpsons -Season 9. Reaching for her cell phone she speed dials #1.....Jack.
                    Okay, this would get to me. Never mind what I said before, if they gave me something this cute, I would melt. As long as it wasn't a throwaway line and was actually good ship, this could hold me. But hold me until what...

ship sistah
                    Last edited by sacme; 28 December 2005, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                      Love it Nell.... I love it when Carter channels Jack Which they kinda indicated she'd do in PoV when they were married
                      Love yours too Traveller.
                      I had a couple more:

1. The Asgaard launch the "Jack O'Niell II" & it's sister ship "Samantha Carter" in honor of the defeat of the Replicators in this galaxy.

2. At the end of the day Sam says goodnight to everyone and walks around the corner. We then see a flash of white light and hear the Asgaard beaming device noise. (you know that special request from Jack when they saved those little grey bums once again).

3. Sam's injured and we hear Dr Lam saying something like "General O'Niell is insisting sir. Yes, hourly updates on her condition. No sir, he was quite serious."

4. Someone says something about something Jack has done in the past and Sam gets that wry grin "Yep, that's General O'Niell for you" with that fondness oozing from her eyes.

Adding my SQUEEEEE! too! Myrth, so ship-worthy! Love the ships !

Another:

SG1 in a briefing room with Landry, and O'Neill is on the telecom. When she's asked a question, O'Neill says, "Remember this is ME on the other end, Carter." before she answers.

And:

Landry comes in to Sam's lab, where Dr. Lee is goofing up again. He tells her that Gen. O'Neill wants a full report on the Ori weapon first thing it's ready, and tells the eager Dr. Lee his report is NOT necessary.

Just sayin', aaah!
                      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                      sigpic
                      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

You know, we've got some nice scenes here with Sam mentioning Jack, and not all of them are coming from fic writers. If we, as in the shipper family, can come up with nice scenarios, then why the hell can't the professional writers come up with something to make us happy?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          You know, we've got some nice scenes here with Sam mentioning Jack, and not all of them are coming from fic writers. If we, as in the shipper family, can come up with nice scenarios, then why the hell can't the professional writers come up with something to make us happy?

Jack: TPTB won't include a reference to me in any scenes?
                          Sam: No, Jack, it's not fair.
                          Jack: FCOL, I may be forced to come out of retirement to make a guest appearance.
                          Sam: And that would be wrong because....? LOL
                          sigpic

Comment

Woohoo! I've worn out my shipper town mouse mat, and I have to confess that I broke ( ) my shipper cookie coffee mug. Can you try to get these things in the sale too?
                            Thanks, ship sistah, for all the goodies in Cafepress.
                            I actually have no say when it comes to sales and stuff like that. I just upload the images, it's all CafePress after that. But I'll post a message when I see those things are on sale.

They are now doing a Beta testing of a black shirt. Right now, you can only have an image on the front. After they figure out all the kinks, hopefully they will expand to other colors and types of apparel. I'm in the process of adding the black tees to the shops.

ship sistah
                            Last edited by sacme; 28 December 2005, 08:30 PM.

Comment

as much as I hate to say it-because they don't want to.
                              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally Posted by dipsofjazz
                                Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                                as much as I hate to say it-because they don't want to.
                                agreed.

ship sistah

Comment

Working...
                                X