This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sacme
    FYI, there is an after-xmas sale at CafePress for Sweatshirts, tracksuits, hoodies, ornaments and wall calenders. Sale ends Jan 4th.

ship sistah
    Woohoo! I've worn out my shipper town mouse mat, and I have to confess that I broke ( ) my shipper cookie coffee mug. Can you try to get these things in the sale too?
    Thanks, ship sistah, for all the goodies in Cafepress.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      May sound like a stupid question, but what is Cafepress?
      It's where I bought my shipper teeshirt, mouse mat, shipper town map, coffee mug...and tons of other shippy goodies!
      sigpic

Comment

I have to say, I'm mighty tempted!
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
          Just to be a voice of dissent again, I didn't see anything RDA related in that question. Yes Jack was a part of that storyline, but the question was specifically about Pete. I don't think they're really avoiding the topic, so much as not making every leap to land on it.

I'd suggest someone at one of the 3 cons coming up ask Amanda about Rick. Just a thought. Ooh, then relay it to the rest of us of course

I agree with you Myrth. I think that the questions were loaded in a certain way. I have said in a previous post that I would have found it difficult to add RDA into my answers to these questions.(Much as I would like to add RDA to anything I do! )
          sigpic

Comment

To be honest, they need to close it, one way or the other. Yes or no. I'd be gutted if it were negative, but at least we'd have confirmation.

But on the topic of ship.... go check out the SagC thread: there's a few good shippy points over that way at the moment.
            Following you not, dense I am, SagC thread = ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
              Following you not, dense I am, SagC thread = ?
              Sam's A Great Character...also known as the Kingdom of Samanda

Comment

I love DDL. I translated an article about a con he was at, and he seemed like such a fab guy. Doesn't deserve half the rubbish he gets.
                Do you really think he discussed "tongues" with AT like he said (think it was that German article)?

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                  If were annoying to TPTB maybe we should stop watching the Show.TPTB can then only deal with Daniel and Vala Fans.I also do not want to hear anyone on the Ship forum say we should not ask JM Ship questions.If I want to ask JM Ship questions that's my choice.If I want to rant about the Sam/Jack Ship on this Thread I'am doing it.When TPTB do what there suppose to do and stop treating RDA like he was never on the Show I'll stop annoying TPTB.
                  Bravo, Ses! I'm with you 100%!
                  - Mary
                  SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                  Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                    My problem and bitterness, in regards to ship, stems from the lack of planning that got TPTB into this corner in the first place. I cannot for the life of me understand why they have dragged out the ship to the point where RDA isn't even on the show anymore. I don't see how that serves anything-- the show, the characters, the fans-- anything. No one and nothing benefits from this state of limbo. I don't know if the last guard left this mess for the new guard, but regardless, pretending ship never existed isn't the answer.

They should have dedicated a little more time last year-- not to Pete and Kerry-- but to Sam and Jack and finished it. There is no reason why we should still be talking about this! RDA is gone and may never come back. They've got new characters and new plots they want to develop. Fine! But the royal screw-up came with not finishing it well when they had the chance and the actors.

Right now Jack and Sam should be officially together off-screen and shippers blissfully content thinking about them living happily ever after. Not wondering if they'll ever throw us a scrap of a comment in season 10 about WTF is going on.

ship sistah
                    I've kept your full post here as I agree with every word you wrote! Hell yeah! Why, oh why didn't they finish it when they could have?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                      Do you really think he discussed "tongues" with AT like he said (think it was that German article)?
                      Dunno. Maybe not out and out discussed it, but I suppose there has to be some "ok how do we do this" to avoid embarrassment.

Yes, it was the German article, cos I remember translating it. However, because the original author's english wasn't fabulous, there really wasn't much indication of whether it was humourous or not.

Comment

I love DDL. I translated an article about a con he was at, and he seemed like such a fab guy. Doesn't deserve half the rubbish he gets.
                        Well I didn't say people should give him rubbish, just that I didn't feel it was GW's place to start a campaign about it.

BTW, do you think he really discussed "tonguing" with AT as in that German article.

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                          You know... I've been thinking and would we really be happy if the Ship had come to terms... or would we still be asking for more?

I don't know, I've thought about it a couple of times... and don't have an answer...
                          Well, I would have been ecstatically happy if we had been shown Sam and Jack together, either through words or a kiss, etc. At least I would be willing to watch the new episodes with an open mind and not full of trepidation as to what they are or aren't going to do with Sam...and whether Jack will ever be mentioned again!
                          sigpic

Comment

Just answered the second question.

Errrr.... as a Stargate fan, I think he has the right to voice his opinions, and even in the interview, I don't think he overstepped the boundaries. If he ever started a pro-Pete campaign on behalf of Gateworld, that's different. But I don't see what was wrong with him saying in the interview "I love Pete"

Comment

Well I didn't say people should give him rubbish, just that I didn't feel it was GW's place to start a campaign about it.

BTW, do you think he really discussed "tonguing" with AT as in that German article.

Darn, can't seem to delete this repete post.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                                Well, I would have been ecstatically happy if we had been shown Sam and Jack together, either through words or a kiss, etc. At least I would be willing to watch the new episodes with an open mind and not full of trepidation as to what they are or aren't going to do with Sam...and whether Jack will ever be mentioned again!
                                Hmmmm. I'm still of the mind that whatever we get we want more. We just love whinging, us lot!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X