X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
    anyone really surprised?? anyone??
    I'm not surprised at all. I'm not convinced about the whole "fine paying" theory, but I would agree that there is probably some pressure from TPTB not to talk about RDA. I mean, has noone wondered why it isn't an audio interview this time....? Do you think they were pressured into editing out RDA related questions?
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Not surprised, just increasingly embittered.

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
        No offense taken. I agree with you, it is sad. But "there" is where I am.

I hope that you are right. I was so very positive that the end of season 8 there would be that resolution as we were looking for it. And while I saw it as Sam and Jack are together, it's apparently just an insuination. Open to interpretation. I don't want it open to interpretation. I want it fact. So, now I expect nothing. It doesn't keep me from hoping that I'm wrong. That one day it will be there openly and cannonly and finally without a doubt. However, I am not holding my breath.

I wish all TPTB the best in continuing with the show and with the new characters. And as long is Sam is there, I will probably watch. However, it is not the same show and I don't have the entusiasm that I had. RDA/Jack was so much a part of my enjoyment of SG. I want to love this new Gate, and I do like Mitchell, but I can't find that same magic.

I don't wish to anger anyone with my opinion. It is only that, an opinion. Sam and Jack are together in my mind from what I've seen. That is how I interpretate it. If that is proved wrong, I don't think I could watch anymore.
        Indeed and agreed.
        sigpic

Comment

Not really, just disappointed.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
            RE: the AT interview:

I love how they discuss the debacle without referencing Jack. "Threads"
            Spoiler:
            That's interesting, considering her feelings for Jack were why she entered and left that 'relationship'. From the interview, you'd never know that she was in love with another man the entire time! There's talk of what Carter learned as a result, but still no mention of Jack.

Does anyone else wish GW was less of a shill for TPTB? I'd like to see an interview with some real questions.
            It makes me wonder if "Threads" ever happened.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
              It makes me wonder if "Threads" ever happened.
              Good point, but very bad point
              I hope, this is a little incident (relationship S&J is gone, maybe nothing happened ) or a bad interpretation.

But THREADS is happened (9.07, talks between Sam and Barret)
              sigpic

Comment

As well as Dexter's point about the "not exactly" conversation, you also have to bear in mind the end of Moebius. It was a mirror of the end of Threads for a good reason.

Comment

FYI, there is an after-xmas sale at CafePress for Sweatshirts, tracksuits, hoodies, ornaments and wall calenders. Sale ends Jan 4th.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

May sound like a stupid question, but what is Cafepress?

Comment

It's a website that allows you to create your own tees, etc, by uploading images you've created to the site. It's also where our Shipper Shop is based. Click on the shop image in my last post and you will be magically transported there.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                        May sound like a stupid question, but what is Cafepress?
                        Have a look here

ETA : oops ! Ship sistah was faster !
                        Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

They are GREAT!!

Comment

Just to be a voice of dissent again, I didn't see anything RDA related in that question. Yes Jack was a part of that storyline, but the question was specifically about Pete. I don't think they're really avoiding the topic, so much as not making every leap to land on it.

I'd suggest someone at one of the 3 cons coming up ask Amanda about Rick. Just a thought. Ooh, then relay it to the rest of us of course

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            I'm not surprised at all. I'm not convinced about the whole "fine paying" theory, but I would agree that there is probably some pressure from TPTB not to talk about RDA. I mean, has noone wondered why it isn't an audio interview this time....? Do you think they were pressured into editing out RDA related questions?
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm up for that. Although it is like a whole year away (almost)

Comment

You know I feel the need to clarify my feelings on this before people think I'm some kind of insane positivity lunatic....

I'm not, not dissappointed with the lack of ship and RDA. I'm just not going to get angry and bitter about it because it serves no purpose and as I keep saying, I don't think the whole story has been written yet (as in we'll see more).

One of the key things here is that there has been a massive changing of the guard in the crew running the show. Not just Jack O'Niell, but Gekko is also no longer around, and I'll be honest, I've missed that influence in the first half of season 9. There's a quirky little "it" that just isn't there, something that made the show brilliant. But then they're only 10 eps into the new era, so I think it's unfair to scream bloody murder at this point. They haven't had a decent chance to find their feet yet.

I'm a little disappointed that they can't come up with something more creative than a one sided phone call to incorporate Jack (more on that in a minute), and I'm extremely dissappointed with the current state of affairs surrounding Amanda. Someone's dropped the ball big time on that, but part of what makes the show great is the team work. Amanda's come to the party to support the show regardless, and it's because of them that I remain optimistic. I figure that with all of the talent and greatness in the team, at some point they'll correct the overcompensation that would seem to be coming from the top.

The team in charge is no longer the same, which means the policies and decision making that have governed the running of this show are no longer the same. By the people running the show, I'm not talking about the writers or the producers, they're the middle men, and that's why I don't agree with picking on Joe in his blog or any of the others who take the time to contribute to the fandom. Joe has been a great supporter in the past, but the man has a job to do and he's shown a huge amount of professionalism in dealing with the comments he's been getting from all the different tribes in this fandom. I see sending him accusatory questions and expecting him to do exactly what we want as unfair. Simply because it puts him in a hard position. While he very well may agree with us, he can't very well go out and say it if it contradicts what's coming from above can he? If you want someone to fight for you, you make yourself sympathetic to them, because you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I think a policy of constructive criticism would go a long way.

There are real people behind all of this, the writers, the actors etc etc and they respond to things exactly the same way you and I do. So sometimes it's worth putting yourself in their place in your head and seeing it from the other side.

I've no doubt tptb are well aware of the discontent with the lack of Jack and the general opinion that the ship hasn't been resolved satisfactorily. But the question is, is that tinged with a positive or negative light and how will that affect what they're likely to do with it down the track? Our influence on this situation will never be direct, but we will always have a passive effect and I personally choose to believe that this show hasn't forgotten Sam & Jack and will deal with it when they can. I'd rather they wait until they have the resources (read: RDA) available to do something special with it, than to throw scraps to the masses, if you know what I mean.

But in saying that I do think the occasional reference would be nice and I wanted to start a game. How could Jack be referenced in SG-1 in a way that does not involve a one sided phone call?

My first few entries are:

1. Someone asks Sam how he is. Eg Daniel: Hi Sam, how's Jack? Sam: He's fine thanks Daniel.

2. We're in Sam's lab and Jack's mission hat is sitting on a shelf behind her.

3. There's a tense "end of the world incident" and we have Sam trying to diffuse/turn off/resolve something and she can only communicate via IM to earth. She's typing a bunch of technobabbly and on the screen we get "CARTER!!" ... it's jack in words

Anyone else?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X