Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay! I got on the Forum. Why is the forum the only feature on GW that goes down so much??

Can't believe I missed the Merry Shipmas celebration! It seems to have brought lots of smiles and laughter, and that can't be bad! I'll definitely want to catch up on the posts, and hopefully get to upload my belated fic entry.

As for the Bah, Humbug! response from friend Joe M., so not nice. Can he afford to believe he has disposable series fans, or believe we can be replaced so easily (read as profitably)? As part of the less fickle population of fandom, Sam/Jack Shippers have earned way more respect than that remark.

Just sayin', maybe there's a surprise for us down the road; maybe they want to keep us off balance for a sweeter payoff. Maybe, oh, maybe.
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
      As for the Bah, Humbug! response from friend Joe M., so not nice. Can he afford to believe he has disposable series fans, or believe we can be replaced so easily (read as profitably)? As part of the less fickle population of fandom, Sam/Jack Shippers have earned way more respect than that remark.

Just sayin', maybe there's a surprise for us down the road; maybe they want to keep us off balance for a sweeter payoff. Maybe, oh, maybe.
      That did cross my mind but I didn't dare say it... I really hope there is a reason why Joe was like that,but I daren't look forward to anything anymore.

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

it is very , very bad times for shiper S&J, but S&J like a CANNON,
        this is a last hope in this situation.
        sigpic

Comment

I can't believe Joe's response. What a cheeky, horrid way to answer a question

Well I don't give a d@mn if *he* finds it boring. He's not on some high and mighty pedestal for us to worship. He's just a guy with a good job, and at the moment he seems to forget that.

I used to like him.

Shame
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
            I agree Ses something needs to be done, but I'm not going to stop watching the new episodes....Stargate is still a fun and exciting show to watch it just isn't the old Stargate that I loved and was completely obsessed with. Now it just feels like one of those shows that I watch when I've got nothing else to do, not one that I make time for every week I didn't realise just how important the ship was to Stargate until they took it away from us...
            I can relate to this. I used to find time whatever to watch gate, but recently I've not even argued with my housemates if they wanted to watch something else. So far I've seen two eps from season nine (though my mum has taped them, so I'll start watching tomorrow)
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

Well I don't give a d@mn if *he* finds it boring. He's not on some high and mighty pedestal for us to worship. He's just a guy with a good job, and at the moment he seems to forget that.

I used to like him.

Shame
              Any way it was just his sense of humour coming through, and it was a bit of a sarcastic comment.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

I used to like him.

Shame
                Very many fans of SG1 is a fans S&J , like a me, very many , this answer is not very funny for us
                maybe , he is need a "little" less fans
                i am stay at 1. - 8.season

yes, only thing , maybe, he answer is a very bad joke
                Last edited by dexterav; 20 December 2005, 06:07 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                  Very many fans of SG1 is a fans S&J , like a me, very many , this answer is not very funny for us
                  maybe , he is need a "little" less fans
                  i am stay at 1. - 8.season

yes, only thing , maybe, he answer is a very bad joke
                  Joe set up a lot of the ship, he was behind episodes like WoO and stuff. I just can't see him seriously making a comment like this. I'm sure it was humour.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    Joe set up a lot of the ship, he was behind episodes like WoO and stuff. I just can't see him seriously making a comment like this. I'm sure it was humour.
                    We will see in future

For the presents i a watching season 1. - 8. and episode 9.06 and 9.07 (SG1)
                    , ENTERPRISE (StarTrek)
                    p.s. my translator and dictionary is tired
                    Last edited by dexterav; 20 December 2005, 06:30 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      joe answered my question. here's my q and his a.

Originally Posted by majorsal
                      why are you quitting this? i just don't get it. you *don't* have to have rda/jack there to do ship (temporarily that is). why are you essentially quitting this ship storyline? please, for once, just give us the facts.

sally

(joe)
                      To be perfectly honest, there are more interesting and important stories to tell at this point.

~~~

well, it's *interesting* and *important* to me, so....

what happened to joe?

and yes, shipperahoy, it 'was' a blunt way of putting it.

sally
                      I don't know a whole lot about computers or how to communicate with any of TPTB, but someone should point out to this person that nothing they've shown since the end of season 8 has had a 'more interesting' story. This is only the opinion of some, but it is an opinion. The season 1-8 fans deserve closure on the J/S relationship! Also, in terms he might understand, the future sales of DVDs for Sg1 might not be so bright in the future if new fans coming in (like the fans of original Star Trek did and then the newer generations that loved the original) realize how they built up this storyline and then just dropped it when RDA left. When that knowledge is fact, who would want to buy and watch the show? What he's saying is the original fans of the original Sg1 show and team aren't important and don't matter anymore. If they did that to us, they'll do it to them.

Comment

Originally posted by dmovies
                        I don't know a whole lot about computers or how to communicate with any of TPTB, but someone should point out to this person that nothing they've shown since the end of season 8 has had a 'more interesting' story. This is only the opinion of some, but it is an opinion. The season 1-8 fans deserve closure on the J/S relationship! Also, in terms he might understand, the future sales of DVDs for Sg1 might not be so bright in the future if new fans coming in (like the fans of original Star Trek did and then the newer generations that loved the original) realize how they built up this storyline and then just dropped it when RDA left. When that knowledge is fact, who would want to buy and watch the show? What he's saying is the original fans of the original Sg1 show and team aren't important and don't matter anymore. If they did that to us, they'll do it to them.
                        how much is new fans, 10 000 000?
                        how much is old fans?, 10000?
                        this is a little dangerous game with this relationship and fans, in my opinion
                        Last edited by dexterav; 20 December 2005, 07:00 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thats what worries me, its like TPTB have forgotten about how Stargate used to be and have got it into there heads that this is a new show with a new fan base because that's how it feels to me.

I hope that Joe didn't mean that and that we will get more of Sam and Jack in the future but for now I can always stick with Seasons 1-8 and pretend that our ended there.

I'm going to watch the second half of season 9 when it starts in January because from spoilers i've read there do seem to be a few good storylines cropping up but I won't be expecting any ship....I'm just going to watch it like I do Enterprise or Will and Grace, as something to pass the time.

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Thats what worries me, its like TPTB have forgotten about how Stargate used to be and have got it into there heads that this is a new show with a new fan base because that's how it feels to me.

I hope that Joe didn't mean that and that we will get more of Sam and Jack in the future but for now I can always stick with Seasons 1-8 and pretend that our ended there.

I'm going to watch the second half of season 9 when it starts in January because from spoilers i've read there do seem to be a few good storylines cropping up but I won't be expecting any ship....I'm just going to watch it like I do Enterprise or Will and Grace, as something to pass the time.
                            Yes show is new, but characters is OLD , but this is a not main question.
                            Main question is, what is happening between S&J, remember 8+- years,
                            no more, no little. In my opinion this is a stupid (sorry) idea for new boyfriend for Sam, not? She is without heart or like something?
                            Jack is without heart or like something?
                            What she ending (gone) relationship with Pete?, because of Jack.
                            In this time, nothing happening, stupid, stupid
                            sigpic

Comment

That did cross my mind but I didn't dare say it... I really hope there is a reason why Joe was like that,but I daren't look forward to anything anymore.
                              Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              Any way it was just his sense of humour coming through, and it was a bit of a sarcastic comment.
                              Just sayin', if Joe was being sarcastic he should know it hurt at this stage of things. He's pleasing someone and anyone but those who believed in the show's own premise. What's that about? How many times do we have to say we didn't start watching SG1 for the ship, we didn't ask for the ship but we bought into it. Now we get not so cutesy/not so nicey quips designed to make their mistakes go away.

Oh, pooh. Now I'm ranting. I never rant!! The Sam and Jack ship is valid and IS an essential interest to the SG1 franchise. I'm just stickin' with it (and stickin' Joe with it) til he and they own up.

OK, back to the happy: Season 9, season-of-hope-for-the-best, continues in 2 weeks!
                              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                              sigpic
                              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                                Just sayin', if Joe was being sarcastic he should know it hurt at this stage of things. He's pleasing someone and anyone but those who believed in the show's own premise. What's that about? How many times do we have to say we didn't start watching SG1 for the ship, we didn't ask for the ship but we bought into it. Now we get not so cutesy/not so nicey quips designed to make their mistakes go away.

Oh, pooh. Now I'm ranting. I never rant!! The Sam and Jack ship is valid and IS an essential interest to the SG1 franchise. I'm just stickin' with it (and stickin' Joe with it) til he and they own up.

OK, back to the happy: Season 9, season-of-hope-for-the-best, continues in 2 weeks!
                                Optimist

p.s. in this weeks i am a have little more posts, i have 3 weeks holiday
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X