This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    those are great! (and i couldn't pick *one* either )

i'm hoping that the 3rd sg1 movie will be adding to our list of faves... PLEASE!!!
    Oh yeah, hope too... but somehow, I've got a good feeling. Maybe because we never had that kind of early hints dropped by TPTB and others. Or is it just me?

I think the wait for the 3rd will be very long to bear, but I hope that awaiting I will at least appreciate Universe... and the few promising appearances of our favorite SG characters

BTW, forget about my previous post, it all resolved by itself, just the damn long time for it to be posted

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
      I'm watching Continuum on SciFi and did anyone else notice
      Spoiler:
      when Daniel walks into the book store, it has a picture of a penguin on the sign
      yep

on a side note: what are the scenes that they cut in the tv verion? (hopes it's not sam, jack, or sam/jack stuff)
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
        Yup Gotta love Joe!
        I hope I have potatoes for dinner tomorrow...

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

thanks!

i was wondering, though, if sam/martouf would have been discussed....

did i ever mention i despise sam/other ships? that scene did NOT belong in our universe!! sam was always confused about her true feelings for martouf, so for her to suddenly almost want to kiss him... *sighs sadly*

it was just more torture to us.
          It was amazingly OOC- even when Martouf was alive and kicking Sam never once seemed to have romantic feelings for him- even with those little bits of Jolinar still hanging around in her brain the most she ever let on was that she wasn't sure whose feelings they were... She had a lot of compassion for him and perhaps it could have led to something more, but it didn't.

That's why the almost kiss was either direct dig at the ship, or a longing for the good old days when they used to ship Sam with everybody. It's not too unlike the reference to the "intimate relationship" with Orlin. They're trying to re-create a relationship that never was.

I think that's what ticks me off most about the Ripple Effect. Sam wouldn't have ever kissed Martouf before- why would she now? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            That's just...What?! What?! What?!

Ok, so there may not be any commentary...but what about written? There have been companion books written for every season so has there been anything in paper form maybe?
            (((Alan))) Because hugs can be given without reason

I've written all the shippy bits from the companion books and here's what was said about Threads:

--- (on the scene in Threads where Jacob dies) Amanda says: "All of a sudden I started to cry, and couldn't stop. I wasn't even on camera at the time, but I couldn't stop. Peter DeLuise looked at me and asked, 'Are you alright?' and I sobbed, 'But it's Carmen."

Tapping says she eventually pulled it all together, and went into the observation room to shoot a scene with Richard Dean Anderson. "We're sitting getting ready for this little scene between Carter and O'Neill, which is quite wonderful and some interesting things are brought to bear.

Rick turned to me and said, 'You're not crying, are you?' and I went, 'Yes, I am.' And he replied, 'I hate it when you cry. I hate it.' And it was just the perfect prelude to that little scene between us."

Threads: (on breaking up with Pete) Amanda says: "I don't think it's completely incumbent on her feelings about O'Neill either. It's incumbent upon her feelings for her whole life, and I think there is also a fear that she has. When finally you have a fully functioning adult relationship, there is also a sneaking feeling of, 'Is that it? Am I capable of more? Have I given enough?' It's just so very awkward for Carter, because she's like a teenager when it comes to love. She feels awkward about it."

Here are the bits for Seasons 6, 7 and 8 if you feel like rummaging through them

Companion Shippy Bits

hugs

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
              It was amazingly OOC- even when Martouf was alive and kicking Sam never once seemed to have romantic feelings for him- even with those little bits of Jolinar still hanging around in her brain the most she ever let on was that she wasn't sure whose feelings they were... She had a lot of compassion for him and perhaps it could have led to something more, but it didn't.

That's why the almost kiss was either direct dig at the ship, or a longing for the good old days when they used to ship Sam with everybody. It's not too unlike the reference to the "intimate relationship" with Orlin. They're trying to re-create a relationship that never was.

I think that's what ticks me off most about the Ripple Effect. Sam wouldn't have ever kissed Martouf before- why would she now? It makes no sense whatsoever.
              this might be out of line, but...

i felt that with rda out of the way, they felt they could go some ways they might not have been able to before... catch my drift?

and the 'intimate' relationship with orlin... oy, i'm remembering why i disliked seasons 9 and 10 so much.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

this might be out of line, but...

i felt that with rda out of the way, they felt they could go some ways they might not have been able to before... catch my drift?

and the 'intimate' relationship with orlin... oy, i'm remembering why i disliked seasons 9 and 10 so much.
                I think i get it.
                But honestly, aside from the ship what I love about stargate is the continuity and the little details they do so well. And they blew it on this, it doesn't even take RDA around to point that out to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lara_SGC View Post
                  (((Alan))) Because hugs can be given without reason

<respectfully snipped>

Companion Shippy Bits

hugs
                  Dearest ((((Lara)))) Bless you and thank you.

Hugs

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Actually I agree with you. Which is a surprise cause I love all of the guys who were in Sam's life for I believe it made her love for Jack stronger, and more mature. *will run away before trowing potatoes at me start*

And the 'near miss' in Ripple Effect is just... blah! Total disregard not just for us shippers but for their own writing as well. They wrote the scenes between Sam and Jack, we didn't imagine those scenes and kisses and AU's where they're together (and the sentence "you're with someone else now" was definitely not meant to be taken as with Cameron), so they practically unsaid everything that was said up to that point and thus destroyed their own writing.

I think Jenn once pointed out it was reminiscences of Jolinar who reached for Martuf ,though I don't think the writers had in mind that explanation it's the one that given Sam's character makes most sense. And that's the one I'm sticking to.

Oy, Orlin... weird... way way weird. For me.
                    sigpic
                    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

i've been wondering if there was a commentary for 'ripple effect', but i was kind of afraid to ask (or find out that they say something i wouldn't want to know )
                      I don't quite remember what JM said about the almost kiss (I like to forget that scene was in the ep ), but the commentary is quite interesting on this one. It's JM and Michelle Commens (vis effects) and they talk a lot about how they do the multiple teams and the scene with all the Carters. Both JM and MC said some very nice things about AT. If you skip the scene with Martouf, it is quite enjoyable to listen to.

JM also talks about how he was watching the dailies one day and he saw a cut of the scene with Cam and Sam in the elevator. PdL had AT and BB hold hands and lean in for a kiss as the elevator doors closed. Joe was not amused and called PdL to straighten him out. Poor PdL got in trouble for it.

Comment

A lot had to do with Peter DeLuise direction and not JM script. In fact JM had to step in a few times to question Peter on his direction vision of the script. Peter was even going to do a shippy moment between AU Black uniform Sam and Cam. until Joe put a stop to it.
                        sigpic

Comment

A lot had to do with Peter DeLuise direction and not JM script. In fact JM had to step in a few times to question Peter on his direction vision of the script. Peter was even going to do a shippy moment between AU Black uniform Sam and Cam. until Joe put a stop to it.
                          In our shipper universe Joe's our hero (((JM)))

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

JM is a big supporter of S/J ship. That's why it always confused me that he wrote the almost kiss into Ripple Effect - and it was scripted, not improvised by the actors or inserted by PdL.

I believe he explained that it was a form of closure, that Sam still had some feelings for Martouf and she still hadn't come to terms with the guilt she felt for killing him. The way I see it, the scene was a way to put an end to that quasi-relationship and give the characters some closure.

Did I like the way JM chose to give them closure? No way. I really liked the rest of the episode, but that one scene felt out of place to me. I also felt it was out of character for Sam to even think about kissing someone in the workplace. But I don't see it as a deliberate slight against shippers. Why would JM want to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post

I think Jenn once pointed out it was reminiscences of Jolinar who reached for Martuf ,though I don't think the writers had in mind that explanation it's the one that given Sam's character makes most sense. And that's the one I'm sticking to.
                              while i agree with it, it's just *us* having to put together the reasons and why fors because the ptb didn't. we, as fans of the show, have to do that way too much.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

pdl must have been having fun trying to do all those sam/other ships, eh?
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X