This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    The moments that hurt me most as a shipper...

100 Days...seeing Sam jealous.
    POV...seeing Jack frustrated/confused by Sam who blows him off...
    Beneath the Surface...that moment when they remembered their stations and what it meant regarding the feelings they shared...
    Grace...when Sam said goodbye to Jack emotionally...
    Reckoning...where Jack blew her off at the end of the episode when she clearly wanted to talk to him more or just spend time with him...
    Threads...seeing Jack with someone else again...

Very, very difficult.

The worst of the bunch for me was Grace and Chimera...because I was scared that this was the answer to ship...that Sam didn't really love Jack after all but was using him as an excuse to not get hurt in a real relationship. As a shipper, that was the big low...especially when I felt the chemistry between her and David DeLuise in Chimera. (btw, I've since realized that Amanda is the type of person who would have chemistry with a brick wall so I shouldn't have been too bothered by that.) But then, things changed. I didn't get that same vibe between them in Affinity...it felt more forced...and even more so in Threads. Oh, according to Joe Mallozzi, there NEVER was a chance for Pete and Sam to end up together; in other words, Pete was merely a stepping stone in the path to Sam and Jack realizing the truth.

Same with Kerry.
    Spoiler:
    She was Jack trying to distract himself from Sam getting married and was just a thing on the side. There was never any danger of them ending up together. When Kerry realized this and the reason why she'd never have a future with Jack, she dropped him.

Why do I bring these things up? Because of the fact that in Threads, both Sam and Jack independent of each other came to the same conclusion...that their feelings for each other were genuine and weren't going away and at some point, they'd have to do something about it. That's one of the reasons I think Sam took the job in Area 51 and why Jack moved on to Washington. No longer under Jack's direct command, she and he now had an opportunity to explore their feelings.

Great post! I love the line " Amanda would have chemistry with a brick wall", Lol! That was great! But all the relationships, Sam and Jack have had is normal and what makes the show more real. Things happen guys and they are just making them realisticly human. They both have their faults and need to work them through to find themselves and each other. However, with the Orlin thing, it might be consisted sexual for an Ancient but on a transmigration side not physical one. Like the Vulcan mind probe! The higher being go the clean route instead of the wet and dirty way!
    sigpic

Comment

Hee... Vulcan mind probe

Spoiler:
      She was Jack trying to distract himself from Sam getting married and was just a thing on the side.

*smirks* Now that made me feel better about Jack's non-relationship with her. I was completely thrilled when they skipped that scene on the season 8 DVD.

Honestly, I think they both just have lousy timing. When Jack wants to go show her his fish, Sam's playing it cautious, and when Sam wants to talk, Jack closes down... and they end up discussing things without *saying* anything. Or maybe the writers are terrified of writing mushy romance goo. Not that I think of them as a mushy ship at all. They've had some perfect moments together as a ship, I can't complain about their journey. IMHO, they're trying to make shippers, and non-shippers happy by leaving it hanging and letting us decide for ourselves. I don't think they know how frustrating and annoying that is.
      Chleximpressed <--- by Kliggins

Comment

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Über and trupi,
          You are reading my mind!!! Yes, yes, yes!!!

BTW, I like the diverse opinions here. Makes me think and wonder and ponder!!! Ultimately, I believe Sam and Jack are together following Season 8
          Spoiler:
          I have re-played Threads scenes and I am convinced without a doubt that Sam and Jack are exploring a relationship together.
          and in Season 9
          Spoiler:
          Sam confirmed their relationship with "not exactly"
          . True, I don't appreciate the subtleties of TPTB portraying Sam and Jack. BUT, they are together. And I predict in second half of 9 and in Season 10 that
          Spoiler:
          Sam will not have a new love interest
          . Time will tell!!

P.S. Remember, MY LAST STRAW? I'll be taking whining lessons from McKay and wailing lessons from the Wraiths if the unspeakable happens!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Just wondering here. Why would it matter one way or the other if Sam had a mad, passionate affair with Orlin or not? I don't think they did based on the fact that Ascension aluded to the fact that Orlin was crazy about her, but she only liked him enough to not want to betray him and enjoyed his company.

But even if it happened, who cares? That was years ago and since then she's had a relationship with Pete Shanahan where she canonly slept with him. Heck, she was almost ready to marry the guy even.

So much has happened since then...like Sam realizing her feelings for Jack were genuine, her dumping her fiance, Jack getting dumped by Kerry because of his feelings for Sam, and so forth.

I hope we get some Jack scenes next year and I hope that some of them are with Sam to show onscreen and canonly what I already know to be true. But even if they don't, Sam isn't about to go boyfriend shopping on Atlantis...and furthermore, I think we'll have some definitive scenes between Sam and Jack before the series ends.
            i agree with you
            sigpic

Comment

Hey there
              just a quick little post to say I wish I was able to stay more around than I did lately. I hope you're all going well and getting ready for Shipmas on sunday !!!it's gonna be great !! let's make this special occasion an even better day than the O'Neill first thankgsgiving!!
              gotta go,I guess you won't see me much today either cause my present for tomorrow is not quite ready or should I say not at all
              let's have fun !!!!

Welcome to the newbies !!! be there on sundat, you certainly won't regret it

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                I wouldn't be a bit surprised. They can be awfully devious . . .

But then, we'd better be careful about what we say. The mods love to come in here and slam us around when we put even a hair out of line. Nothing brings 'em running faster than saying something anti-anti-shipper or anti-"that archeologist".
                But we *want* the mods to come running! We like Sky and Kiwi and Tame and the gang. Well..... 98% of the time
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz
                  *creeps into thread*

hi! I've been a S/J shipper since season 4 just thought I'd pop in.
                  Woohoo! Hello Caz! Nice to see you here! Join us for Shipmas tomorrow! Gonna be great!

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                    Yeah just as much as we love to go into the anti thread and tell them to not talk about shippers in a derogatory fashion. It's that darn fairness thing. Our bad. Sorry if I seem a bit touchy but it's incredibly frustrating when you're just trying to be fair all around and enforce the rules equally and people say things like we love to come and slam people around. Perhaps you were joking, I did notice the smilie, but it still feels like a put down.
                    Awww, Shipperahoy! Now I've read that, I feel bad!

We love you guys, and we know you're just being fair. We were having a laugh about you guys! Please don't take it personally. It's great seeing you doing your job so well and fast.

Comment

WELCOME CAZ!!!!!!!!!!

(or is it Mrs Beckett )

I'll have some SHIPPY FIC tonight...a wee short 2 - 3 chapter thing that will (hopefully) be complete for tomorrow...

It's entitled SNOW DAY, and it's gonna be funny
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                        Great post! I love the line " Amanda would have chemistry with a brick wall", Lol! That was great! But all the relationships, Sam and Jack have had is normal and what makes the show more real. Things happen guys and they are just making them realisticly human. They both have their faults and need to work them through to find themselves and each other. However, with the Orlin thing, it might be consisted sexual for an Ancient but on a transmigration side not physical one. Like the Vulcan mind probe! The higher being go the clean route instead of the wet and dirty way!
                        This is so true. Amanda's just such a great actress that she can pull off the chemistry vibe with anyone.

I'm really glad these comments were posted. We've been on such a downer recently, it's nice to see a few positives floating around.

Comment

Originally posted by Chlex
                          Hee... Vulcan mind probe

*smirks* Now that made me feel better about Jack's non-relationship with her. I was completely thrilled when they skipped that scene on the season 8 DVD.

Honestly, I think they both just have lousy timing. When Jack wants to go show her his fish, Sam's playing it cautious, and when Sam wants to talk, Jack closes down... and they end up discussing things without *saying* anything. Or maybe the writers are terrified of writing mushy romance goo. Not that I think of them as a mushy ship at all. They've had some perfect moments together as a ship, I can't complain about their journey. IMHO, they're trying to make shippers, and non-shippers happy by leaving it hanging and letting us decide for ourselves. I don't think they know how frustrating and annoying that is.
                          As I've said a million times, I agree with you there. The problem is, the world is split into three camps. Shippers, Anti-Shippers and don't cares. They think staying in the middle will stop an alienation of a third of the fan base, when actually it alienates two thirds of the fan base!

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                            Hey there
                            just a quick little post to say I wish I was able to stay more around than I did lately. I hope you're all going well and getting ready for Shipmas on sunday !!!it's gonna be great !! let's make this special occasion an even better day than the O'Neill first thankgsgiving!!
                            gotta go,I guess you won't see me much today either cause my present for tomorrow is not quite ready or should I say not at all
                            let's have fun !!!!

Welcome to the newbies !!! be there on sundat, you certainly won't regret it
                            Shipmas is going to be great, and I think there's no doubt that it'll be bigger than the first thanksgiving, because we can all participate. I mean, I don't understand the whole thanksgiving thing, but Christmas I get.

I'm glad everyone else is looking forward to it. I just hope the GW server can cope with us all!

Comment

Tracy Jane - you know that gateworld crashed and was down for days from about 2 minutes after Threads finished airing the UK! The shippers overloaded the server!
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                                WELCOME CAZ!!!!!!!!!!

(or is it Mrs Beckett )

I'll have some SHIPPY FIC tonight...a wee short 2 - 3 chapter thing that will (hopefully) be complete for tomorrow...

It's entitled SNOW DAY, and it's gonna be funny
                                Looking forward to it!

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments about Learning Curve (Quantum Qeep)

I'm working on a shorter Shipmas fic called Staff Blast for tomorrow, and a piece for S.T.A.K.S called "Kirking Around The Christmas Tree".

Comment

Working...
                                X