X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jafacakes

Not sure what to think
    Spoiler:
    general hammond's death wouldn't influence the story very much because he's not on screen very much anymore and I'd hate for S10 to be the quest for vala's baby.
    With so many character changes this season I really don't want to loose any at all.
    Isn't this the writers repeating themselves again? Have they no imagination!!
    Spoiler:
    It is a repeat of the Shifu arc - they find the kid finally but realize they can't protect him (can't work with babies - they steal the scene) and finally the kid works his magic and disappears into the sunset. Been there, done that.
    sigpic
    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      spoilers for s8's moebius

well, for me, moebius was confusing and had SG1 DIE (or live out the rest of their lives in ancient egypt). i know we still have sg1 alive and well and never having to experience the ancient egypt thing, but A VERSION of sam, jack, teal'c, and daniel DID die/live out their lives in another time, so... it ruined that ep for me basically. too much of a downer.

sally
      Yeah that really got to me too. I think it would have been so much better if our heroes had
      Spoiler:
      been the ones to effect the uprising and defeat of Ra and returned to real time in the PJ timemachine. Giving of course Sam and Jack enough time to get together, preferably bring her back knocked up (crude term - pardon me).
      sigpic
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
        I like what your friend had to say too. I sometimes wonder (cynically?) if TPTB deliberately haven't clarified where Jack is in season 9, so they don't have to deal with the fact that the chain of command issue is no longer a problem and therefore RST would be allowed.
        They don't clarify things so they can have free rein to any ideas they have in the future - provided they ever get a original idea again.
        sigpic

Comment

[quote=scjon]Thanks Sally-you've reminded me that I forgot to add an upbeat bit.

Um... Shipmas in 3 days (yay!) And my birthday in 4. (Not sure if that's upbeat as I have reached the ripe old age of 33!!)[/quote]

Trade you!!!!! *from an oldie but goodie*

Comment

hi guys,

to me atlantis is just ripping the original ship between sam and jack to use for their advantage again.
            BUT, i am not happy the way they are just using sam again.

This series i took on a view that i should enjoy the show without jack (blub),but i find it a bit boring.Teal'c is so wooden,Daniel was funny with Vala,but even though i thought she was ok i just didn't buy it.
            Ok mitchell is ok in small doses but it feels like a little jack clones keeps coming back every so often,he tries to be like him.Lam is boring,and Landry is ok i suppose,but to me there is no team spirit like it used to be with the original 4.
            Sam seems bored(hope its because shes busy with jack and can't wait to see him again.

I started watching this as a team programme then the obsession with sam and jack came after,but to be honest i really am losing interest i just hope it gets better.

i won't be buying season 9 at all.

right had my rant for the month,all bright and happy now.

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              I thoroughly enjoyed this episode because I saw it for what it was...a cool way for Amanda and David to be on screen together logically since their characters are separated by millions of light years. I also kept in mind that
              Spoiler:
              she wasn't Sam at all. She's not an AU, she's not a potential version of Sam...she is only a part of McKay's mind
              played by the same actress who incidentally plays Samantha Carter. Period.
              To me, “on screen together logically” is taking Sam to Atlantis onboard the Daedalus, putting her face-to-face with Rodney and showing the SGA fans the real Samantha Carter.

ÜberSG-1Fan, thank you for your explanation but it does not change the way I feel about it. I’m sorry.

It’s easy for an SG-1 fan to see
              Spoiler:
              Sam as just McKay’s hallucination,
              but this is not an SG-1 episode. It’s an SGA episode, aimed at SGA fans. Take a look at the episode discussion thread to see the impression of Sam they were left with.
              Spoiler:
              ”Carter takes her top off.”
              But in all honesty, I don’t worry so much about that.

What upsets me most is the PTB put Sam on SGA
              Spoiler:
              (hallucinations aside, visibly she is there) and have her seducing and kissing the most detestable person she knows,
              while back on SG-1 they go on claiming that the relationship of Sam and Jack is resolved, if it even ever existed.

Something positive?
              Divide and Conquer, Jack, “Because I care about her...a lot more than I’m supposed to.”
              Last edited by TameFarrar; 15 December 2005, 07:52 PM. Reason: added spoiler tag

Comment

I really hate the fact that they can now do what they like with Sam and Jack and just blame it one Moebius.

Grrr.

Happy thought: Fishing. Threads. Ahhhh.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  I really hate the fact that they can now do what they like with Sam and Jack and just blame it one Moebius.

Grrr.

Happy thought: Fishing. Threads. Ahhhh.
                  wasn't that the general idea?
                  Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Major Grace Under Pressure Spoilers...
                    Spoiler:

It was fun seeing the two actors on screen again playing off of each other...but I enjoy all of their scenes between them because he tweaks her with his insanely arrogant ways.

...And the scenes were really great...I mean Amanda and David have great chemistry together and the scenes were charged.
                    Spoiler:

Maybe this affects one's enjoyment of the episode, but I never liked interactions between Carter and McKay. I don't see the chemistry and have no desire to see it.

Spoiler:
                    I know some shippers are freaked about this episode...and having seen it, I don't know why.
                    At this point, the Ship is so nebulous and marginalized that anything remotely suggestive of Sam/other ship is potentially harmful. Given that we never got our resolution, I have no tolerance for seeing any manifestation of the Sam Carter character doing anything with anyone but Jack.

Spoiler:
                    So what was up with the big come on scene?...this scene was all about his deep subconscious mind manipulating him and distracting him so he wouldn't screw up the attempts being made to rescue him.
                    I understand that, but why couldn't the writers come up with another way that didn't involve such disturbing visuals? Wouldn't Delusion!Sam beating the hell out of McKay work just as well? I'm sure they could have managed to come up with something. This kiss was completely gratuitous, in my opinion, meant merely to see 'Sam' kiss yet another Not!Jack.

Additionally, TIIC have now managed to taint somewhat the association of Carter and a bikini. Amanda looked great, but they should have saved the bikini for another occasion.

Logically, you're correct that this shouldn't impact the Ship, but I still hate it.

Unrepentantly yours,
                    parsifal

Comment

[QUOTE=SG1Poz]
                      Originally posted by scjon
                      Thanks Sally-you've reminded me that I forgot to add an upbeat bit.

Um... Shipmas in 3 days (yay!) And my birthday in 4. (Not sure if that's upbeat as I have reached the ripe old age of 33!!)[/quote]

Trade you!!!!! *from an oldie but goodie*
                      Thank you for that!

On most of the Stargate forums (fora?), which I frequent, I seem to be considerably older than everyone else (or at least what they'll admit to being )
                      always and forever
                      My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                      My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                        They don't clarify things so they can have free rein to any ideas they have in the future - provided they ever get a original idea again.
                        Yep, sadly that pretty much sums it up.

Happy thought required:Christmas is coming.....

Equally happy thought. Have finally made it to the grand total of 200 posts! Hopefully the thread has also been bumped!
                        always and forever
                        My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                        My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                          Maybe this affects one's enjoyment of the episode, but I never liked interactions between Carter and McKay. I don't see the chemistry and have no desire to see it.

At this point, the Ship is so nebulous and marginalized that anything remotely suggestive of Sam/other ship is potentially harmful. Given that we never got our resolution, I have no tolerance for seeing any manifestation of the Sam Carter character doing anything with anyone but Jack.

I understand that, but why couldn't the writers come up with another way that didn't involve such disturbing visuals? Wouldn't Delusion!Sam beating the hell out of McKay work just as well? I'm sure they could have managed to come up with something.
                          Spoiler:
                          This kiss was completely gratuitous, in my opinion, meant merely to see 'Sam' kiss yet another
                          Not!Jack.

Additionally, TIIC have now managed to taint somewhat the association of Carter and a bikini. Amanda looked great, but they should have saved the bikini for another occasion. [/spoilers]

Logically, you're correct that this shouldn't impact the Ship, but I still hate it.

Unrepentantly yours,
                          parsifal
                          But...But... You have to remember..This is ALL
                          Spoiler:
                          ORIGINATING FROM MCKAY'S HALLUCINATION!
                          IT WAS MCKAY'S WAY OF SEEING SAM. Yes, I did the caps on purpose and need I remind anyone, I am and have always been a huge shipper. This was so obvious that I can't understand any backlash about why and how Sam was dressed, what she did or how she did it because...IT WAS MCKAY'S ...oops already did that..
                          Last edited by TameFarrar; 15 December 2005, 07:50 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags

Comment

Poz - THANK YOU!
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I think people are just a bit worried since it seems more likely that AT will
                              Spoiler:
                              crossover to Atlantis
                              than any other character, and that she'll
                              Spoiler:
                              have more interraction with McKay as a result. Personally, I'd like them to develop a true friendship, and that'd be much more preferrable to either barbed comments of stuff like McKay's fantasies
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Big boost to the top!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X