Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how does d/ling torrents make you be able to see the ep you're trying to d/l?

yes, i have no idea what torrents are and how they relate to seeing the ep.

PLEASE reply privately to me, since we're not allowed to d/l eps.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
      I must congratulate TPTB for setting the shipper against each other! Bravo! People I would never thought would have gone at each other did tonight! I came home started to read the thread and what did I see, friend going after friend. They won, we lost! Is everyone happy now! Sam is going to sc--- McKay and every other male in SG and Atlantis. They killed Jack off and everything we watched for 8 years was bull----! Now that I have that off my chest, can we stop trying to scare everyone off the thread and support each other's opinions and try to make this a place, where we can relax and have a good time. The heck with what they are writing! I know I'm going to have rocks tossed at me but after 18 hours up, I don't care anymore! Can we just act stupid and have a good time together! End of rant!
      Sorry to say but this is not the first time, even on what I consider my rather short time here, that there have been differences. One time, it was whether everything here should be only serious discussion of ship or silliness allowed, that is, if my memory is correct about that. We have gotten through those times and will weather the storm now, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
        I must congratulate TPTB for setting the shipper against each other! Bravo! People I would never thought would have gone at each other did tonight! I came home started to read the thread and what did I see, friend going after friend. They won, we lost! Is everyone happy now! Sam is going to sc--- McKay and every other male in SG and Atlantis. They killed Jack off and everything we watched for 8 years was bull----! Now that I have that off my chest, can we stop trying to scare everyone off the thread and support each other's opinions and try to make this a place, where we can relax and have a good time. The heck with what they are writing! I know I'm going to have rocks tossed at me but after 18 hours up, I don't care anymore! Can we just act stupid and have a good time together! End of rant!
        Trupi, this is not the first time there have been differences on this thread. The reasons have not always been the same. We have gotten through it before and we will again, I think. I even remember a bit of going back and forth on changing the name of the thread.

Comment

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
            Trupi, this is not the first time there have been differences on this thread. The reasons have not always been the same. We have gotten through it before and we will again, I think. I even remember a bit of going back and forth on changing the name of the thread.
            I haven't been here in a while (and don't want to bother with reading all the posts I've missed) so I don't know exactly what's going on, but I just wanted to say I don't think there's anything wrong with a difference of opinion as long as people stay civil and mature when it comes to disagreeing with someone elses views. However, I don't think anyone should feel uncomfortable posting on here, or like their views are not respected, because this is supposed to be a fun place where we can all come together and talk about what we love.

I could be wong, but it seemed like some (or maybe most?) of this was about the Sam/McKay relationship or about Sam always being portrayed as that fantasy woman. I do feel that the latter is true. It's annoying to me that just because Sam is the only girl on the team, TPTB feel that she has to be a fantasy object for every guy character that has a recurring spot on SG-1. I do hope that Vala will end up sharing some of the duty. However, as far as the McKay thing goes, we have already established that he likes Sam. He has even talked about her on SGA. So, that being said
            Spoiler:
            I don't think McKay having an imagined kiss or fantasy involving Sam
            would be inappropriate simply because this is something that is, imho, very McKay-ish. However
            Spoiler:
            if we are talking about a real kiss (and I'm not counting friendly), which I have not heard anything about it, but you never know what TPTB are thinking
            I would have a problem, totally disagree and think TPTB have finally lost it.
            Spoiler:
            I also think that Sam once said that she was attracted to McKay, but personally I found that to be a little out of character and I just really don't like the ship.
            I am basically very bias when it comes to any real ships with Sam. It is Jack/Sam or nothing!

Woo, I didn't mean to type so much!
            Felger: At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention you'd be all dressed up like a Klingon.
            Coombs: Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan.

Comment

Major Grace Under Pressure Spoilers...

It was fun seeing the two actors on screen again playing off of each other. I don't ship for the real characters of course, but I enjoy all of their scenes between them because he tweaks her with his insanely arrogant ways. BTW, when she said she was attracted to him in Redemption, I saw it more of Sam's way of tweaking him back...she was kinda playing with him.

I know some shippers are freaked about this episode...and having seen it, I don't know why.
              Spoiler:

You see, early in the episode, Delusion!Sam establishes that she isn't interested in doing anything with McKay because the real Sam isn't. She didn't dress as provocatively as he wanted or talk the way he wanted or respond when he came on to her...his delusion. He got so irritated because that made her "the worst hallucination ever." Poor guy...even his hallucination stayed in character to how Sam would respond and rebuffed his advances.

So what was up with the big come on scene? It wasn't anything at all like the Grace kiss, which was filled with deep love and longing...this scene was all about his deep subconscious mind manipulating him and distracting him so he wouldn't screw up the attempts being made to rescue him. What do I mean by that? Well essentially, McKay was about to do something really REALLY stupid...and Delusion!Sam as the wise part of his subconscious (that he doesn't listen to) kept trying to keep him from doing it as it would waste a lot of power and not work, thereby lessening his chances of being rescued. But McKay being McKay, he felt he could only depend on himself. She tried to counsel him to trust the others but he wouldn't listen...so his deep subconscious mind was trying to make him see that the others would do everything they could to rescue him, but he wouldn't believe it. She tried everything she could think of to get him to not proceed, including trying to make him believe he was making technical gaffs, and he STILL wouldn't listen to her.

Now remember, she is a delusion here...a manifestation of his deep subconscious that's DESPERATELY trying to get him to not try to rescue himself because she knew he'd fail (or rather HE knew he'd fail). So she came onto him...fiercely. And the scenes were really great...I mean Amanda and David have great chemistry together and the scenes were charged. At first he gives in and responds...but then it hits him. She's only trying to keep him from finishing what he was doing. How did he realize it? Because A. she had already established that she wasn't going to do things that the real Sam wouldn't and B. she had been doing everything she could to keep him from finishing his task. The FACT that she came onto him was what clued him in that it was for reasons other than to please him because of what she already established. She was kinda like Urgo here, when he was trying to keep Sam from flipping the switch....as Delusion!Sam got more and more desperate, she tried whatever she could to stop him...and in fact he said that to her, that she was doing the ONLY thing that would slow him down and keep him from finishing. And please remember, she isn't Sam...she is just McKay's deep subconscious mind that he summoned to help him figure out what to do. But like she told him, he doesn't listen to others...not even to her, the manifestation of the wiser part of his subconscious mind.

Now also, when he asks why they never got together she lists several of his traits that she finds distasteful and doesn't mention Jack. Again remember, she is not Sam...she is his wiser subconscious mind telling him about himself and why he could never get Sam...because he's petty, arrogant and bad with people. He was essentially telling himself why HE THINKS Sam and he never got together. Now like I said, she didn't mention Jack and I know that bothered people here...but why? Rodney never really saw Sam and Jack together, did he? And even if he had witnessed them together, being the arrogant and self-centered buffoon that he is, you think he'd really notice this? Kerry might have seen it after seeing them together in Jack's backyard for only a few moments...but she's observant, giving and good with people while McKay isn't.

So please keep this in mind...this was not Samantha Carter. She looked like her and a few of the things she said were similar to the way she and McKay sparred before, but that's it. The character in Grace Under Pressure was merely a part of McKay's deep subconscious mind that he rarely listens to.

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode because I saw it for what it was...a cool way for Amanda and David to be on screen together logically since their characters are separated by millions of light years. I also kept in mind that she wasn't Sam at all. She's not an AU, she's not a potential version of Sam...she is only a part of McKay's mind played by the same actress who incidentally plays Samantha Carter. Period.

It was cool was the fact that on some level, he trusted Sam enough to be the person he'd manifest in a crisis...
              and that is the ONLY thing you should take out of this with regard to the REAL Samantha Carter, who, when she's not out and about saving the galaxy, is busy exploring a relationship with a certain 2 star.
              Last edited by TameFarrar; 15 December 2005, 07:23 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags :-)

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

For the great loss of character ..didn't
                Spoiler:
                ..MS said that he may have been offered a role in a film that he may take ??!!! AT apparently didn't take the opportunity to move on to that new series she was offered but MS seemed to be interested in moving on ...Moreover ..it looks like season 10 will be the last season , therefore he won't come back - no time - so I think it may be him but I still think it would be a shame to lose a main character through death because it's always a pain afterwards to have to watch the old episodes knowing that the character in question dies at the end Could be Teal'c as well as they do not seem to be able to use him properly this year !!!! I don't think it will be Jack or Hammond as they are not on screen ...it will be a bit lame to kill those 2 off ...I don't see the point unless they really want to ruin the show if it's Jack who dies ... But I still think it's MS /Daniel who may be going ?!!!

Caty

Comment

Uber You are probably right but did we need to see all that on screen ?!!! couldn't he pretend to see her without too much visual impact ??!!I think this is what the shippers are talking about the episode ...Too many on screen scenes which could have just been only in his head without using on screen images . They did it before when he had that other woman inside him ..Mac Kay played that very well and made it really believable ..it was great ..They could have done something similar too with Sam in his head but without seeing Sam too much ..May be a scene ..but that 's all

Caty

Comment

Hiiiiiiiiiiii Guys!!!!!!!

I can't believe i've been away so long, everything is so different!!
                    I hope everyone is ok and that you are all looking forward to christmas! I know I am Only 10 days to go!

I'm in college at the moment so I won't have long on but I'll be visiting again when I get home!#

((((((((((((*HUGS FOR EVERYONE*))))))))

Sarah xxx

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      how does d/ling torrents make you be able to see the ep you're trying to d/l?

yes, i have no idea what torrents are and how they relate to seeing the ep.

PLEASE reply privately to me, since we're not allowed to d/l eps.

sally
                      *eyes moddishly* Please keep it so private it's not on PM or anything either - downloading of episodes cannot be discussed at ALL on the forum or in it's private messenging system. Simply for the reason that we don't want anyone shutting down Gateworld The horror! What would we DO with our time?!? *contemplates* hmmm, there's a few shippy eps I haven't seen in a while!

Comment

Spoiler:
                        I don't think they could kill off Daniel again. It's been done too many times. Noone would believe it. It'd be a kinda "ah, well. Wait three eps". Plus they're putting too much work into setting up the Daniel/Vala dynamic.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM O NEILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a great day
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                            Sorry to say but this is not the first time, even on what I consider my rather short time here, that there have been differences. One time, it was whether everything here should be only serious discussion of ship or silliness allowed, that is, if my memory is correct about that. We have gotten through those times and will weather the storm now, I think.
                            If you get more than one person in a room, differences of opinion are exceedingly likely. I think this thread works really well-we are a family after all.
                            always and forever
                            My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                            My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                              Hiiiiiiiiiiii Guys!!!!!!!

I can't believe i've been away so long, everything is so different!!
                              I hope everyone is ok and that you are all looking forward to christmas! I know I am Only 10 days to go!

I'm in college at the moment so I won't have long on but I'll be visiting again when I get home!#

((((((((((((*HUGS FOR EVERYONE*))))))))

Sarah xxx
                              Welcome Back & Happy Birthday, Sam_O_Neill!
                              always and forever
                              My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                              My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                just so this whole post isn't negative...

flowers are pretty. christmas is nice.

there.

sally
                                LOL, Sally! Thank you very much hon. I can't give you any green rep or I would have. I need to spread some around and that could take me a while. Sorry.

Positive thoughts: It snowed by my house before Christmas for the first time in a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X