Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it incredibly naive of me to have complete faith in the writers that they will eventually get Jack and Sam together? I'm not angry with them for being vague. I feel that they'll get to it when they get to it. I just think it'll come and we don't have to see it in plain sight.
    http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
    Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by ranchan2
      Is it incredibly naive of me to have complete faith in the writers that they will eventually get Jack and Sam together? I'm not angry with them for being vague. I feel that they'll get to it when they get to it. I just think it'll come and we don't have to see it in plain sight.

you are very optimist, i hope you are right
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
        Rogue I think TPTB are being vague with their vagueness!. After eight years now we aren't even sure what Jack is doing and whether or not the regs even play a part in their relationship anymore. The big problem is the whole show is starting to give me a headache. So lets see after eight years we have "I wouldn't be here", "Always", and "Not Exactly"; I don't know what us shippers are complaining about these words are just dripping with emotions we should be ashamed of ourselves (snark, snark).
        Yep, they are the King of Vague. I wonder if their reason for vagueness is so that we would debate the meaning of what was said. I still can't figure out the "I wouldn't be here" comment. I know Sams question was vague but his answer was even more vague. I am still afraid they are going to play the regs card since they have been noncommittal on Jacks postion.
        Last edited by Rogue; 09 December 2005, 01:01 PM.
        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

but why not do it before half the couple leaves the show? what is the point of resolving the ship when there is only one of them still around? why not stop futzing around, finish big and then move on? it's the lingering that is annoying.

I've said something like this before, but I think tv writers have at the most 7 years before your shippers start getting truly pissed and hope becomes frustation then anger then disillusionment ending in indifference. If you continue to put off resolution, and don't write ship, then you've really done a disservice to your fans that have stuck with you for so long. If you weren't going to deal with it, then you shouldn't have started it in the first place.

I personally don't believe any audience should have to wait 10 years for anything. Why would TPTB be so arrogant as to think we'd still be around?

ship sistah

p.s. welcome to the thread! all points of view welcome.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Okay everyone...I have a little announcement to make...

My new virtual Stargate Show has *finally* arrived (a month late )

So please please PLEASE tell me what you think!

http://arpegia.stargate-intel.net

I will warn you...two of the main characters are Pete and Kerry...but I plan to redeem the former and give the latter something worthwhile to do!
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
              but why not do it before half the couple leaves the show? what is the point of resolving the ship when there is only one of them still around? why not stop futzing around, finish big and then move on? it's the lingering that is annoying.

I've said something like this before, but I think tv writers have at the most 7 years before your shippers start getting truly pissed and hope becomes frustation then anger then disillusionment ending in indifference. If you continue to put off resolution, and don't write ship, then you've really done a disservice to your fans that have stuck with you for so long. If you weren't going to deal with it, then you shouldn't have started it in the first place.

I personally don't believe any audience should have to wait 10 years for anything. Why would TPTB be so arrogant as to think we'd still be around?

ship sistah

p.s. welcome to the thread! all points of view welcome.

you are see StarTrek :NG?
              Troi married with Riker after 15 years +-(in show, relationsship over 25 years +-), this is a little hope

ship S&J change to Titanic (in show)
              sigpic

Comment

i disagree with you-i am not from the "show me" state of Missourri-but if I can see it-as well as hear it and touch it-then I will probably believe it more. Their vagueness has done nothing more than turn me off as a viewer.
                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

I guess I'm a minority here in that I'm not angry with the writers and their vagueness with Jack/Sam. Still, I can understand everyone's frustration. There is another show I watch where the couple I want to get together isn't together and it has really put me off the show. And this show is only in its sophomore year, so I haven't been waiting that long. I still watch it, but my interest is greatly decreased. For some reason, I just don't feel that way with SG1.
                  Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

Dextarev - I refuse to believe that the S.S. Sam and Jack resembles Titanic in any way shape or form (except this shipper is based in Southampton!!). Let's just say we've run out steam. We may have hit an iceberg with Pete, but it was head on, so we can salvage a few compartments!!!!

Ahhh... Tame, my dear, your sig always tempts me to misbehave. The thought of you "getting the boys out" in those little tight tees.

As for the hugs and wishes, thanks guys. I'll get there eventually. I feel like a complete gimp at the moment because I prepared a party for 20, and everyone backed out because of assignment deadlines..... was all on my tod. Was a sad, lonely gimp!

Might be around for shipmas. I hope so. I'll try and write a little shippy Christmas fic or something. Might even use shipmas as a release for Quantum Deep

Love y'all
                    Tracy xx
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                      You know it's too bad that this upcoming Sam and McKay episode was written as
                      Spoiler:
                      a dream Mckay's having. This would have been a superb opportunity for Sam to show and maybe tell Mckay that she and Jack were in a serious relationship.

McKay asks, "Sam, is that an engagement ring on your finger?" Sam replies, " Ahh yes, damn, I forgot to take it off this morning before coming in."

McKay, "So who is the lucky fellow? Anyone I know?"

Sam, " Yes, but we're not ready to announce this yet, so I'd appreciate it if you forgot you saw this ring." Sam takes the ring off and drops it gently into her jacket pocket.

McKay," So I guess this means I don't have a chance?"

Sam, " Sorry but no chance in He*l !"

Don't I wish
                      OK, I just arrived on the Thread. Is this an actual scene or what you would like to see happen?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                        OK, I just arrived on the Thread. Is this an actual scene or what you would like to see happen?
                        I've read the spoilers for Atlantis' 'Grace Under Pressure' and this is
                        Spoiler:
                        not an actual scene.
                        . Still, it would be nice to see.

Comment

Awww, nell. It *is *
                          Spoiler:
                          a hallucination
                          . However, rest was fantasy.

How are you, anyway, chicken?

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                            Nickatell-you are so right-that has been my biggest complaint all along. an
                            Spoiler:
                            always
                            and a
                            Spoiler:
                            not exactly
                            -that last comment got me to wondering if i was watching a hertz commercial instead.

they have had numerous opportunities to either kill the ship or end it satisfactorily. let's face it-they have known for some time that RDA wanted out-he had been reducing his screen time for the last 3 years and probably made it plain that 8 was indeed enough.

what is annoying is that they believe that the Shippers only watched for s/j. Well excuse me-but I happen to believe that we are not that shallow a fan group and that a major importance is a good story-with the ship being a bonus. but it is very insulting to me be thought of as brain dead and only interested in languishing looks and angst. give me a break!

That's it pittsburghgirl ...we all watch the show or other shows because we like the story , the arc ..sci-fi or non sci-fi but what made us a fan is I think the ship ...

For example , I watch a lot of sci-fi shows like x-files , Stargate ....LOST ..ect ..but each time I went to forums is when I was hooked on the show ..and the ship got me hooked .
                            Now I still watch SG1 with Hubby , I try to enjoy it ... but there is now a big gap for me as my favourite ship is gone ....and I lost that passion to come to the Stargate forums . I actually fell asleep in one episode not that long ago ..not joking ,,I really did

so what I'm doing as well is look for other good shows with perhaps a possibility of good romance ....and LOST, and JAG is filling that gap for me . I take it easy and try not to get all upset about the lack of resolution for Sam and Jack ..I keep telling myself that TPTB are just silly and do not have a clue how to talk RST ..May be they should speak to writers from other shows who actually managed to resolve the ship perfectly at the end ..ex ...Farscape , JAG . and perhaps X-files .!!! At least those delivered a really good ending or nearly good ending even if one lead character was missing for a while . It does happen sometimes and although I agree that when of the lead character wants to exit , the show should exit on a high note and finish it right specially when a important ship is concerned ..The problem with SG1 is that the ship is now inconsistent ..it is actually completely forgotten ...I don't know how it could be revived without looking silly if they carry on that way ...and it looks like the route they are taking

I agree that we have to fight if we want the ship dearly to go back but surely a lot of letters and e-mails have been sent since the beginning of season 9 and apparently they are not even taking the slightest oppotunity to mention that Sam is with Jack . They had a few opportunities since the beginning ...and Nada ..so it looks like they are not listening to their shipper fans and that they even find the greatest pleasure to torture them with a character like Vala who can ship as much as she can with Daniel even to the point of seeing her in Daniel 's bed waiting for him Vala is cheap ..May be they like cheap characters ...and that will make a cheap show at the end without any taste left

Caty

Comment

Problem is, Caty. I have a feeling they've introduced Vala to please us S/J shippers. If you remember, they used to have a kind of ship rota.

Week 1: Sam + Character of the Week
                              Week 2: Daniel + Character of the Week
                              Week 3: Sam + Character of the Week
                              Week 4: Jack + Character of the Week
                              Week 5: Sam + Character of the Week

Repeat as necessary

Once Jack left however, it was left as
                              Daniel +CotW
                              Sam +CotW
                              Daniel+Cotw

To keep shippers vaguely trotting along, they couldn't have Sam involved. And despite what Jack says in Broca Divide, even Daniel can't have a woman on every planet. So they needed a new character, a female who could get away with having numerous romantic conquests. The Feminist James T Kirk, if you will.

So, TPTB will argue it's our fault. Just like Grace.

Comment

I've read the spoilers for Atlantis' 'Grace Under Pressure' and this is
                                Spoiler:
                                not an actual scene.
                                . Still, it would be nice to see.
                                Oh!! I know that Grace Under Pressure is about Season 9
                                Spoiler:
                                McKay's fantasy of Carter
                                But, if that scene were part of his fantasy, that would be cool and a shippy bone to us. But, alas, it's not. **sighs deeply**

Now for something positive!!! Shipmas is coming our way next weekend!!! We want all of our Shippers and Ship Friends to visit, hang out, play and party about Sam's and Jack's First Christmas!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X