This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Don't worry guys, any McKay / Carter action will be pure hallucination, and therefore, not really canon that affects us. Unless he makes a move on real Carter. But that'd be nothing new. She'd just feed him a lemon pie.
    LOL McKay has never worried me as a viable competetor for Sam .... he may be cute in a Smart-I'm to -smart for myself sortof way but Sam likes a guy who could think on his feet and then punch the other guys out from under him Smart AND Manly...now that is Jack But at least we can all agree Rodney has good taste in women
    Tame, nice to see you as a normal (though ascended) poster....woohoo. Still think you're nuts to takethe job, but there ya go.
    You have never seen me as a normal poster....many would say you are lucky

so far I can't complain...except for NOT having a cape the job hasn't been to bad
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
      Tame it's great to hear from you again.We miss you on the forum.
      Thanks Ses I missed being here as well...but you know what they say....be careful what you wish for... LOL
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by florence

I'm with you on 'the time for ship has passed'... but what we can't have on screen, we can have it in fics and IMO fic writers are sometimes much better than SG writers (at least to write ship) so I think we've not lost too much when they decided to drop the ship subject.
        Just think of that : they could have done a lot worse, they could have let Sam marry *shudders*
        well, then i guess it's easy for them to drop it since they'll get the impression that shippers don't care one way or the other.

what happened when ms left the show? his fans fought for his return. so now that ship is leaving the show, we do what? sit? accept it? why?

it's this attitude that's helping them to feel that they've made the right decision. if we don't complain or fight for our ship, then how will they know we still want it?????????

WRITE TO THE PTB AND LET THEM KNOW WE STILL WANT S/J SHIP!!!

thank you for your time, good bye.

sally
        Last edited by majorsal; 08 December 2005, 09:11 PM.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
          GUP
          Spoiler:
          I meant that I assume there will be a lip-to-lip kiss, based on past SG writing of hallucinations of Sam and the line that MajorSam (I believe it was her) posted.

I sincerely hope I will be proven incorrect.
          what 'line' did majorsam post? i can't remember.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

parsifal I would be really shocked if there is no lip-to lip Kiss.I may be out of line for saying this but I wish AT would speak out again about Sam being used as everyone dream girl.Why is it a problem for Sam to be Jack's girl but it's ok for Sam and everyone else?I forgot which interview because it was a long time ago but I think AT mentioned once she did not like having the guest star of the Week fall for Sam.IMO it's time for AT or someone else on the Show to say stop with the McKay drooling over Sam.It's time for McKay to get a Women or Wraith of his own.If TPTB are not even thinking about Sam/Jack Ship TPTB should stop everything relating to Sam/McKay or Sam/other.There's enough wrong with this Show as it is without wasting time on Sam/Mckay nonsense.Since Vala is on the Show now let all the gust Stars fall for Vala.It's right up Vala's alley anyway.
            and wouldn't it be nice if they *did* stop this?

when rcc said there'd be no ship in season 9, i guess he meant just s/j ship because we seem to be getting sam/other quite enough.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              well, then i guess it's easy for them to drop it since they'll get the impression that shippers don't care one way or the other.

what happened when ms left the show? his fans fought for his return. so now that ship is leaving the show, we do what? sit? accept it? why?

it's this attitude that's helping them to feel that they've made the right decision. if we don't complain for fight for our ship, then how will they know we still want it?????????

WRITE TO THE PTB AND LET THEM KNOW WE STILL WANT S/J SHIP!!!

thank you for your time, good bye.
              sally
              You know Sally you do have a point... Shippers can most certainly continue to let TPTB KNOW that they want the Sam & Jack story to continue and I have absolutely no problem sending them a note saying that as well

For me though I am realistic about the fact that I feel RDA will never return, not even for a guest spot. it would be nice if I am proven wrong but I don't think so. However, I think I read your post in another place that said something about maybe a 3-5 second phone call or a passing comment between Sam and Daniel about how is Jack doing or How are things with you and Jack? and I think those are marvalous ideas and I will continue to hope that TPTB will foster those hopes for Shippers.

So while I am ok with the show moving on overall, I see no reason to not let them know I as one of their long time fans would love to see the things mentioned above. It definitely can't hurt anything to let them know

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                ((((((((((QUEEN BEE)))))))))))))

Great to see you!!!!!!!!!!
                Hey

Thanks SueKay
                I know i havent been around for a while...been studying
                recently did work experience at a big Australian newspaper.. the Herald Sun it was great.

I decided to watch Moebius the other day...i always like to go back to the happy shipper days...sob sob!

Looks like I will be getting my hands on the entire SG1 dvd collection...a good friend ordered them off amazon.com and is letting me borrow them since i answered an SG1 question for him..hehe

Love and Hugs
                Bee
                "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

sig by RepliCartertje
                http://stargatesg1.com/QueenBee
                http://www.myspace.com/madame_minx

Comment

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I'm really hoping that we'll at least get a small mention of Jack in the next season or even in the upcoming episodes. I, also, am very doubtful that RDA will return even for a small guest appearance, but just mentioning Jack doesn't require his presence. Just as long as we are given some implication to him still being in their world, I'll be happy. The ideal mention would be of a Jack/Sam relationship.
                    http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
                    Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

YAY ! It's Shipmas time !

To answer a few questions that I'm sure will come soon...

Why Xmas on Dec 18th ? Is it not on Dec 25th ?
                      Of course we know when Xmas is ! It's just that we thought everyone would be too busy on the real Christmas day to be able to come in this thread and enjoy Shipmas. A week day is not very easy either (because of that thing called RL... ) so we decided that Sunday 18th Dec would be the best day.

Why Shipmas ?
                      Because it's Christmas and because it's shippy so... Shipmas !

Where ?
                      Here in this thread.

When will it start ? How long will it last ?
                      Starting time is written in the invitation above. How long will it last ? All day and all night, we hope ! Actually, it will last as long as people wil be there.

What do I have to do ? Do I have to prepare something ? I don't know how to write fics, or do pic manips... can I still join the party ?
                      Of course, you can ! Everyone is invited : Sam&Jack shippers, and more generally eveyone who likes Sam and Jack (not especially as a couple, we accept non-shippers as long as they remember it's a ship thread so they know what they'll see if they come here )
                      You don't have anything special to do, the most important for us is that you'll be here to enjoy that day.
                      We (the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team) have prepared a few things to liven up this party but everyone is more than welcome to participate with anything they could do : fics, pic stories, wallpapers, music vids... or even just a quick little post to say "Hi ! I can't stay long but I only want to congratulate Sam and Jack on their First Christmas together !"

I'm a newbie, I've never posted in this thread... Is this event reserved for 'older' posters ?
                      NO ! Everyone is invited ! In fact, it would be great if Shipmas made people want to delurk and join this Shipper Family

That's it for now. If you have other questions, please ask, we'll be glad to answer them
                      Last edited by florence; 09 December 2005, 01:55 AM.
                      Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by ranchan2
                        I'm really hoping that we'll at least get a small mention of Jack in the next season or even in the upcoming episodes. I, also, am very doubtful that RDA will return even for a small guest appearance, but just mentioning Jack doesn't require his presence. Just as long as we are given some implication to him still being in their world, I'll be happy. The ideal mention would be of a Jack/Sam relationship.
                        Hey, I miss him and I haven't even seen any of the season nine eps. I just wish he'd come back for one ep. Or even if he just made a quick appearance. Ideally, they'd have something huge happen to his old team, and Jack comes back!!! Okay, I'm dreaming now....

Comment

parsifal I would be really shocked if there is no lip-to lip Kiss.I may be out of line for saying this but I wish AT would speak out again about Sam being used as everyone dream girl.Why is it a problem for Sam to be Jack's girl but it's ok for Sam and everyone else?I forgot which interview because it was a long time ago but I think AT mentioned once she did not like having the guest star of the Week fall for Sam.IMO it's time for AT or someone else on the Show to say stop with the McKay drooling over Sam.It's time for McKay to get a Women or Wraith of his own.If TPTB are not even thinking about Sam/Jack Ship TPTB should stop everything relating to Sam/McKay or Sam/other.There's enough wrong with this Show as it is without wasting time on Sam/Mckay nonsense.Since Vala is on the Show now let all the gust Stars fall for Vala.It's right up Vala's alley anyway.

BRAVO for that post SES ..You said it right ..Pathetic how Tptb use Sam for kissing other men !!! It was alright at the beginning because she was not with Jack romantically but Now as we know they are ..or aren't they !!! *scratches head* they really should find somebody else to kiss the other men specially Mac Kay .I mean you can have a crush on someone but after a while it disappears and if Mac Kay has still a crush on Sam ..I 'm even wondering if he had sex with anybody else since season whatever when he was following her around like a little puppy dog

He needs to find himself a nice little local woman frrom the next village in Atlantis let's Sam do her job and make sure he understands that she is with Jack .

You know I have never seen a TPTB playing the shippers that badly in a show ..specially if Sam and Jack are supposed to be RST now ...In fact they seem to portrait that being in a relationship in not worth mentioning because it's boring ..well we can see they are only men in the writers section .....

.......Ask any women to wrote a RST episode and I'm sure they 'll make it worth watching without the romance taking over the episode . What is wrong with showing 2 people in love on screen ?!! and as you said Vala can be the damsel in distress next for everybody to rescue and kiss .

..and to the shipmas team , I 'll be around a week on Sunday to take part for a while

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                            http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/TheShipShipHooraySpecialOpsTeam2.jpg
                            ((((LYS))))
                            Thanks for creating the Shipmas invitation photo!!! The penguins are adorable!!!!!

((((LOL4JACK))))
                            Thanks for writing the Shipmas invitation!!! "...around the Galaxy." LOL
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                              YAY ! It's Shipmas time !

To answer a few questions that I'm sure will come soon...

Why Xmas on Dec 18th ? Is it not on Dec 25th ?
                              Of course we know when Xmas is ! It's just that we thought everyone would be too busy on the real Christmas day to be able to come in this thread and enjoy Shipmas. A week day is not very easy either (because of that thing called RL... ) so we decided that Sunday 18th Dec would be the best day.

Why Shipmas ?
                              Because it's Christmas and because it's shippy so... Shipmas !

Where ?
                              Here in this thread.

When will it start ? How long will it last ?
                              Starting time is written in the invitation above. How long will it last ? All day and all night, we hope ! Actually, it will last as long as people wil be there.

What do I have to do ? Do I have to prepare something ? I don't know how to write fics, or do pic manips... can I still join the party ?
                              Of course, you can ! Everyone is invited : Sam&Jack shippers, and more generally eveyone who likes Sam and Jack (not especially as a couple, we accept non-shippers as long as they remember it's a ship thread so they know what they'll see if they come here )
                              You don't have anything special to do, the most important for us is that you'll be here to enjoy that day.
                              We (the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team) have prepared a few things to liven up this party but everyone is more than welcome to participate with anything they could do : fics, pic stories, wallpapers, music vids... or even just a quick little post to say "Hi ! I can't stay long but I only want to congratulate Sam and Jack on their First Christmas together !"

I'm a newbie, I've never posted in this thread... Is this event reserved for 'older' posters ?
                              NO ! Everyone is invited ! In fact, it would be great if Shipmas made people want to delurk and join this Shipper Family

That's it for now. If you have other questions, please ask, we'll be glad to answer them
                              ((((florence))))
                              Thank you for the Complete Guide to Sam's and Jack's Shipmas Extravaganza
                              to Celebrate their First Christmas Together!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Tame - I'm glad you're enjoying the show now, but it's not so much the lack of ship, but how long and drawn-out the stories are that has made me tune out...I find SG1 boring now to be perfectly honest, and the Jaffa and Ori storylines do nothing for me.

BUT there are still good things in the show, and while I'm giving s9 a miss, I am going to try season ten...see if the changed have been better integrated by then!

I'm preparing some things for shipmas, so watch out!
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X