This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trupi
    Tracy Jane I'm sorry, I'm not snarking out you personally. I just want everyone to take a productive way of complaining like: filling TPTB offices with so much mail they can't walk! Sorry if I made you feel bad! Please help us get under their skin!
    That's fine, I understand. Do it right or don't bother! I've been thinking about it and everyone here's right... there WILL be something before the end, otherwise it'd be Lt Colonel Samantha S...Sh...Shan.... no, I can't bring myself to say it.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      That's fine, I understand. Do it right or don't bother! I've been thinking about it and everyone here's right... there WILL be something before the end, otherwise it'd be Lt Colonel Samantha S...Sh...Shan.... no, I can't bring myself to say it.
      She be Mrs. Potato Head!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
        Trupi

You have a big point-i have already stopped spending my money on them.
        I have not renewed my Stargate Magazine subscription, my TV Zone subscription-as much as I would like to read Sally's sequel to Matter of Honour, I won't buy the book. I will not buy anymore box sets, the comic books and I certainly am not watching the re-runs of season 9. THe only thing they seem to understand is "money" and they ain't getting anymore of mine.
        So have I, I don't buy anything that doesn't have Amanda Tapping featured!

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
          She be Mrs. Potato Head!
          Thank you. I just couldn't say it. One of my close friends shares the same first name. I've been calling him Spudnik for ages (he studies astrophysics).

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/december6.jpg
            ((((Lys)))) Love it, love it, love it!!!! Kinsey is the perfect Grinch!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Ooooh... that fic was great. I feel all tingly and gooey inside. Gateworld's being all slow and yuck for me at the mo... having trouble replying.

What I really hate though, is that basically, when people accuse TPTB for Grace being a bad episode (I hate Grace, basically because they tried to end the ship in a really horrible and boring way), they blame the shippers. Hang on a minute: If they didn't want shippers, they shouldn't have written it into canon in the first place. They can't just change their mind three seasons later cos it's too much like hard work.
              Too right! Emphasis on the word CANON there too!!The writers decided to take that route as part of deliberately plotted story arcs. No-one was holding a gun to their heads until they wrote Divide and Conquer. They could have left the s/j ship as subtle enough to see if you wanted to (like we all did from really early on) or not as the case. Quite a few anti-s/j shippers seem to think that D & C came out of nowhere. Well, that''s their perogative.....
              always and forever
              My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
              My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                From what I understand it's a red herring. So they'll have the same letdown as Sam/Jack shippers
                Spoiler:
                because from what I can gather, it's not really Liz kissing John but someone else in her body kissing someone else in his body.

We on the other hand have the fact that ship is OH so canon...and clearly was the point of Threads, otherwise consider the following:

If TPTB didn't care about the shippy arc and wanted it gone forever, having Sam and Pete marry would have shut the Jack/Sam shippers up pretty convincingly don't you think? Lt. Colonel Samantha Shanahan would have eventually moved on to Area 51 and be recalled for the mission in Beachhead. That canonly would have shown TPTB are not interested in Jack and Sam ever getting together and that would be that. However, it didn't play out that
                way. It played out where both Jack and Sam ended relationships with others (or having them ended for them) due either in part or in whole to the fact that they had feelings for each other.

This further reinforces to me that at least they've left the door open for Sam/Jack shippy goodness sometime in the future during one of Rick's guest visits...
                I'm happy for the Shep/Weir shippers but I fear for them, too. It's obvious that SG does not want major character ships even if they plant the seeds of one. If they stay true to form, we'll get similar alternate reality type pairings that one/neither/both can recall. So far, with their larger main cast, the possible pairings are numerous; will they really let any of them blossom?

Just sayin', I can only hope Shep/Weir shippers get some of their druthers. Still hoping for Sam/Jack altho the odds are pffft.
                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                sigpic
                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                  Too right! Emphasis on the word CANON there too!!The writers decided to take that route as part of deliberately plotted story arcs. No-one was holding a gun to their heads until they wrote Divide and Conquer. They could have left the s/j ship as subtle enough to see if you wanted to (like we all did from really early on) or not as the case. Quite a few anti-s/j shippers seem to think that D & C came out of nowhere. Well, that''s their perogative.....
                  Exactly. Up until that point we were pretty much like any other group of shippers. I mean, although there are hints, like Broca Divide and stuff, there was no actual "yes we do love each other". But hen they handed it to us on a plate. So now they call us militant etc just because we want a proper conclusion. We're no more militant than the people who want to know what happened to Lantash, or to Hailey, or those who think Cassie should be mentioned more often. The only difference is that there's a lot more of us, because it involves major characters.

Note to any would be producer: Think before you act. There are consequences. You can't write something and then ignore it. Whether that be Cassandra, Hailey, or Jack and Sam madly in love.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                    I'm happy for the Shep/Weir shippers but I fear for them, too. It's obvious that SG does not want major character ships even if they plant the seeds of one. If they stay true to form, we'll get similar alternate reality type pairings that one/neither/both can recall. So far, with their larger main cast, the possible pairings are numerous; will they really let any of them blossom?

Just sayin', I can only hope Shep/Weir shippers get some of their druthers. Still hoping for Sam/Jack altho the odds are pffft.
                    As a J/W shipper, I say, thanks a lot.
                    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Perhaps J/W shippers will get theirs. If you remember, the only reason we got ours, really, was cos AT and RDA played it up themselves. So what we need is them to play it up.

Comment

Perhaps J/W shippers will get theirs. If you remember, the only reason we got ours, really, was cos AT and RDA played it up themselves. So what we need is them to play it up.
                        yeah i am afraid that the S/W shippers are going to get theirs. If they play John and Elizabeth the way they did Sam and Jack-it is going to be hard road for them-no matter what the actors do or imply. We had 8 years of slap and tickle and got what???? a
                        Spoiler:
                        always
                        and a
                        Spoiler:
                        not exactly

need i give the customary season's greeting-per Scrooge?
                        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

yeah i am afraid that the S/W shippers are going to get theirs. If they play John and Elizabeth the way they did Sam and Jack-it is going to be hard road for them-no matter what the actors do or imply. We had 8 years of slap and tickle and got what???? a
                          Spoiler:
                          always
                          and a
                          Spoiler:
                          not exactly

need i give the customary season's greeting-per Scrooge?
                          Yeah, they got a long road ahead filled with AU kisses, Alternate timeline kisses , repeating timeline kisses, alien induced kisses, imaginary kisses and of course matching them up with other boyfriends and girlfriends. Boy am I glad I am not a Sheppard/Weir shipper.
                          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Trupi

You have a big point-i have already stopped spending my money on them.
                            I have not renewed my Stargate Magazine subscription, my TV Zone subscription-as much as I would like to read Sally's sequel to Matter of Honour, I won't buy the book. I will not buy anymore box sets, the comic books and I certainly am not watching the re-runs of season 9. THe only thing they seem to understand is "money" and they ain't getting anymore of mine.
                            I'm with you but I will buy a Jack O'Neill action figure - just Jack!
                            sigpic
                            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                              I'm with you but I will buy a Jack O'Neill action figure - just Jack!
                              Hmmm, too bad they aren't life size!
                              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                                Hmmm, too bad they aren't life size!
                                HMMMM! A Life Size Jack O'Neill. Faints!
                                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X